Westbound from St Come

Jackstraw

Five of us arrived at motel St Come Wednesday afternoon. Trying a new spot to launch from other then Shawinigan being this is a western run. Reasonable place $45 each a night, only draw back the town is shut tight! No food! The owner ended up cooking us a fettuccine Alfredo, awesome! Morning plan is to head to point Le Daived on the baskatong. Out of the gate head in the wrong  direction. 40 miles later back on track. Trails pretty woopped around Mt Laurier. Warm temps and traffic taking a toll. Into la point Daived just as it’s getting dark. Beautiful place with a saq! $116 a night for a suite with breakfast and dinner, can’t beat it! Headed towards belle tier in the morning. 230 miles

7DBA88F2-C0E4-4B17-A110-C73C21DF9235.jpeg

4C8ACD08-2F78-45B7-A19A-14FA1466C00F.jpeg

3696BA1F-AF5F-4B92-8F64-2650942A7702.jpeg

538A507E-58FE-4323-8B3A-F904BD8F69DF.jpeg

813B1FCC-C46C-4EA2-A72E-7BA00A1AE581.jpeg

11FC9ABF-4C07-4C5B-9382-9A50E0EC1A01.jpeg

Ahh, Devil’s mountain been a few years since we were there last. Nice pics! Did you reserve ahead for La Pointe a David or just show up?

Edited by Cnc

1 hour ago, Cnc said:

Ahh, Devil’s mountain been a few years since we were there last. Nice pics! Did you reserve ahead for La Pointe a David or just show up?

Called this morning, only 3 others here tonight. Food is outstanding as are the rooms

44 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Called this morning, only 3 others here tonight. Food is outstanding as are the rooms

Thanks for the info ride safe👍

18 minutes ago, viper2 said:

Used to like to start trips like that from St. Agathe before they shut the railbed down

You could start them in Labelle instead, 45 minutes more on the black trail 117 and lots of parking for rigs. 

1 hour ago, viper2 said:

Usually just drive to Mont Laurier now if we want to do a Western run,  it's all far from NE PA but its all about the same 

Guess that works too. 👍

25 minutes ago, Mid Range said:

Val d'Or SC sent me this map back in december. Is the bypass (Old TQ63 route) groomed this year? That's what they told me it would. The stretch in blue under 9 KM.

78377284_900718510326115_9209219518319034368_n.jpg

No first hand experience, but that is what I have heard from several people.

1 hour ago, Mid Range said:

Val d'Or SC sent me this map back in december. Is the bypass (Old TQ63 route) groomed this year? That's what they told me it would. The stretch in blue above 9 KM.

78377284_900718510326115_9209219518319034368_n.jpg

That would only make sense given La Vyerendre is closed for lodging this year.

pic worth a thousand words !!!

congrats to the  photograph !!!

you guys looks like  quebec d o t workers !!!

4 looking and 1 working !!!

to the photograph , don t forget to ask your prize to the administration of this site....1 grosse poutine extra fromage with a grosse biere for your awesome shot !!!

jean-guy

jackstraw.jpeg

Just now, groomer said:

to the photograph , don t forget to ask your prize to the administration of this site....1 grosse poutine extra fromage with a grosse biere for your awesome shot !!!

jean-guy

jackstraw.jpeg

Groomer, looks like enough guys there to just lift the front end up and turn it around

7 minutes ago, viper2 said:

Groomer, looks like enough guys there to just lift the front end up and turn it around

hi viper !!!

ahhah...absolutely right !!!

a bit  of exercises before starting riding ...great way to get in shape !!!

jean-guy

3 hours ago, groomer said:

jean-guy

jackstraw.jpeg

Being self employed I always shake my head in disgust when I drive by 4 guys watching and 1 guy working, especially when my taxes are paying for it, guess that show is universal anywhere tax dollars are paying wages!!

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Being self employed I always shake my head in disgust when I drive by 4 guys watching and 1 guy working, especially when my taxes are paying for it, guess that show is universal anywhere tax dollars are paying wages!!

Supervising!