Back to Shawinigan

Rolled in today at Reggie’s (Drakkar) and headed out for a ride.  Trails were in great shape.  A little thinner the more south you go but going east was in great shape.  A little warm but still a great ride.  Passed a groomer this afternoon on trail 3.  

9FC6172C-D104-4C01-8DF2-38A8F1CFE2CA.jpeg

13E35350-6277-417A-9B4F-A76876984458.jpeg

A nice 265 mile day.  Mostly good some garbage.  Up to LaTuque.   The river is roped off going north past the trail 23 crossing. They said there is a section of water up the river.  

BCCFCB90-908B-4199-BBEC-ED9659AD70D6.jpeg

We went up Grand Mere late one March, open for business, all sticked all the way, and when we got to Richard's there were 2 sticks with yellow tape stung across them "closing" the trail at the shore. Too late! Northward!

Hey, speaking of Richard's and speaking of back to Shawinigan, did I see a swanky new lodge on the map right at the top of the river?

When we stopped on the river at the ribboned off junction you could see the heavily ridden track still going up the river.  Just then a couple sleds were coming down from there so I flagged them over and they said they were just staying at a place a couple km’s Up the river and they were told there was a “pond of water” on the ice further up from where they were staying. They also said they were told you could still make it up the river but they weren’t going to try it.  So we didn’t either and took 23 to 360 up to LaTuque.  It snowed hard Saturday night and we took a quick ride Sunday morning before heading home.  Nice powder day of riding.  I had a few first timers in Quebec with me so I was showing them around.  They are already booking a return trip in a few weeks. Lol. They loved Reggie.  

6F8817FF-DA91-4F4D-B3E5-B05A82D1B9DC.jpeg