Please

Kyles dad

32 minutes ago, Byrd said:

First of all I was lucky enough to be born into a snowmobile family, my father open A SKI-DOO dealership 1967 so I've been riding snowmobiles for 50+ years in Ontario, Quebec & N.B.  Over those years if I wasn't riding alone I was usually leading the group and as everybody on this board  that has been riding for years like me has probably had their fair share of close calls with people riding on the wrong side of the trail. I personally  don't care if the oncoming person signals me as long  as they're on their side of the trail.  I, on the other hand, will always signal and the reason why I signal is because it's usually family and good friends behind me and if I can get some of these trail racers to slow down a little bit as they go by my group I feel my hand signal has worked.

Yep hit the nail on the head there.  Perfect explanation.  Also I can't ride all day assuming some idiot is gonna come at me full bore on my side of the trail.  I do ride my side and the risk that I meet that idiot is always there.  Unfortunatroy it's something I except can happen every day I go riding.  I can't control the other guy.  That said if the first idiot just clicked my skis and he tells me there is more coming at that point I'll pull right off the trail and wait for his buddies (who are most likely riding the same way to pass).  Do I like the situation.  No.  But that signal provides some useful information.  If you just got run off the trail are you telling me you don't make any adjustments to your riding waiting for the rest of that group of idiots to pass??  Pushing ride your side is a great first step to correcting this issue.  Some attention to the issue from law enforcement would help as well.  That said I don't think the problem is new.  I remember my grandfather cursing "the cowboys" as he called them 15 - 20 years ago about the same issue.

In NH where everyone was throwing up hand signals all day everywhere, law enforcement is taking the Iceman approach...........

https://nhsa.com/nh-fish-game-law-enforcement-encourages-hands-on-handlebars/

my favorite is when your out riding at night and your still getting hand signals.

1 hour ago, NHTOM said:

In NH where everyone was throwing up hand signals all day everywhere, law enforcement is taking the Iceman approach...........

my favorite is when your out riding at night and your still getting hand signals.

Funny thing is years ago, and I’m dating my self, we used to do most of our riding at night. We would headed from one hotel to another 30-40-50 miles away in gangs of 10-20 machines. Single track ungroomed trails and the machines were not that fast but the biggest thing we used to say was you could always see another machine coming  by the light bouncing off the trees before they got to you. Never remembered any head on collisions and few un expected off trail adventures.

4 hours ago, NSHM said:

I just want to know what the trails will be like in two weeks and what is the best oil to use:unknw:

Don't have the foggiest about the trails in 2 weeks but lets not get anyone started on an Amsoil vs. OEM battle! 

23 hours ago, NHTOM said:

Perfectly explained.

I haven’t given hand signals in years. It truly makes no sense to me. I caught up to one group and the guy was giving the last man but I was right behind him lol.

Something happened to me this past week riding in NY that has never happened to me before. A group of five people pass us and the last two guys in the group were leaning so far off their sled and trying to give me a High Five! Now that’s messed up.

Just came from Quebec riding 8days.

Have to say people are OUT OF CONTROL!

Riding center left, blowing turns, 2 wide Johnny racers thinking they are the only ones on the trail system ect.

Had 2 instances where I was almost wiped  out. 
People really need to check themselves and start riding more responsible!

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

Just came from Quebec riding 8days.

Have to say people are OUT OF CONTROL!

Riding center left, blowing turns, 2 wide Johnny racers thinking they are the only ones on the trail system ect.

Had 2 instances where I was almost wiped  out. 
People really need to check themselves and start riding more responsible!

You must be coming back from St Zenon! LOL!

Didn’t see a lot of people yesterday going to camp and we didn’t get there till almost 11pm But today was another story. Only a couple close calls today and one group of 4 around Masse that each dude came barreling down the middle one after another. It was sad but comical watching all 4 dodge right to avoid me.i was up against the bank as far as I could go. Came back from camp today to St Jean de Matha 130 miles. Sled back at Gero”s. Noticed this a.m. at camp 12 missing lugs on right track section only no damage whatsoever in middle and left section and those two sections look like the day they were new...albeit 6200 miles all this year from new. I had dealer install the new 1.5 Ice Ripper and while I love the performance of the track the ice buildup under my 1200 is surely what caused this. Our group of 4 (all 1200”s) each carry a 4lb rubber mallet and bang HUGE chunks out daily. The colder it is the worse it is. Was the EXACT same with my Blizzard 1200. I heard it rubbing late last trip one day but didn’t think this would happen.

Guy at Gero tried to tell me I “hit something “.........BULLSHIT I did. And sled has seen maybe two rocks total this year...LOL

Good news is Gero stayed late as we called from LeCabanon and mechanic said he’s coming In early tomorrow and sled will be ready by 10 a.m.

bad news is I’m gonna be out 1000 US dollars just to get a stock 1.25 installed. They said they would call BRP but they are never gonna warranty this. I call bullshit again as there was never any misuse/abuse , ridden on 3ft or more of snow always, and problem caused by normal operating conditions. I’m so confident this is what happened I would bet the bank I could duplicate it in less than 1000 miles with another 1.5 inch. Simple....wait for the next really cold days, rip off 2-3 hundred, DO NOT pound out ice chunks like we normally have to do and it will build up and rip lugs off again. Last night at camp I whacked it hard on each side twice and I swear 4 pieces totaling 25-30lbs dropped out of there. I love my 1200 motors and everything the Enduro offers but I’m getting disenchanted with reverse, clutch and now this issue. Why is it always something........

15 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Ice build up. Me and my buddys 19' 900t's both missing at least a dozen lugs on the outside.  Never a problem on our 1200's Dealer said forget about warranty

Ya know Jack I have talked to other people that say they had 1200”s and didn’t have problems and it baffles me. I’ve had two in the XS chassis ( 129 & 137) and they are both identical with the ice build up. I shit you not....I have probably busted out (actually banged running boards with rubber mallet) and dropped enough 10-15 pounders to fill up a pick up truck alone this season. Like I said....the colder it is the worse it is. Happens on my buddies 2010 XR 1200 too. IMO....when you buy a skidoo 1200 a 4lb rubber mallet should come included.

if I had the time and money I would sue them and PROVE it happens under normal operating conditions. But I guess I’ll just take this one in the ass. The WONT fool me again and might possibly never sell me another Skidoo. Sad thing is that they don’t even care either 

And oh BTW.......about 45-48 of the approximately 50 people I passed today ALL hand signaled.

Edited by snowmaster2112