Matane lodging

EastMark

Saddlebag ride in Matane for a night. Never been there. Looking for a place for a night.

More concerned theres decent food and/or a bar than a fancy room...priorities you know.

Hopefully something easy on/off trail.

Any info is great ! Not sure how many options there is there......

Hi Mark,            If you are doing the over night from RDL,, also consider Amqui. That is a really nice ride going via Squatech. Been to both Matane and Amqui, but Matane was a lot of years ago and others might comment which is the better ride and better restaurants and bars.

mike

16 hours ago, EastMark said:

Saddlebag ride in Matane for a night. Never been there. Looking for a place for a night.

More concerned theres decent food and/or a bar than a fancy room...priorities you know.

Hopefully something easy on/off trail.

Any info is great ! Not sure how many options there is there......

I love the trail along the river over that way Mike. I was thinking going to Matane on 5 for overnite then over toward that was and Squatech/Bienville way in the morning and back to RDL. Id be open to either ! What trail is the one that sweeps along a river heading back towards Squatech way ?

Ate at this restaurant/motel/bar the other year. https://www.leportagematane.com/

On the same trail as the quality Inn, just before it. Just a small spot, but the food was really good and the place had a real local flavour, I was going to try a night there next time in Matane, but haven't made it back. From what I remember room prices were pretty reasonable.