Lac-Etchemin lodging

EastMark

I've stayed at La Manoir and the Meritotel. 

Last time I checked, neither had a lock up for trucks and trailers.

LaManoir  has a gated area for snowmobile parking and rooms that you can park your sled right outside the room door. 

I would prefer LaManoir its a little nicer. 

Enjoy 

Stayed twice last winter at the LaManoir.

Once on the guys trip and second time with my wife. Rooms and food was very good. Separate bar but we were not in it. Both times arriving on our sleds so don’t recall truck parking details. Would definitely stay there another time.

We usually stay at the Meritol, A small unsecured parking area out back, rooms are basic but the food is awesome.  You would be fine at either location, no doubt the Manoir offers nicer lodging.

Edited by RoadRunner

42 minutes ago, fredsleds said:

By La Manoir do you mean Manoir du Lac William?

My post l was referring to 

LeManoir Lac Etchemin

https://chaudiereappalaches.com/en/travel-quebec/les-etchemins/lac-etchemin/le-manoir-lac-etchemin/hotel/?utm_source=IMotoneigeCarteFCMQ&utm_medium=LienTexte&utm_campaign=CampagneMotoneigeFCMQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 1:18 PM, EastMark said:

La Manior was great ! Trail 55 to St Pamphile was awesome !

Eastmark, we left from Vermont again on Friday and rode through the Eastern townships back up to Sainte-Marie for another stay at La Cache Maxime. From there we rode north than looped back south for a night at Manior du lac William. We then rode back to VT on Sunday. All of the trails were absolutely amazing, could not have asked for better. Very few sleds out. However....that will be the last trip leaving from VT for this year! The road crossings are getting really bad, and the stretch of 55 going through East Angus was brutal. To many sidewalks and one logging operation after you cross the bridge that are basically not passable now. But with that exception, you couldn't ask for better trails!

I'd like to do that same trip next year leaving from the Island Pond Vermont with my wife. She's not a fast rider or likes a lot of mileage I was thinking to go to Manoir lac du William for the first night is that an easy ride. Thank you. And is it easy to follow the trails that way ride a lot of Quebec but haven't crossed from Vermont in many years

On 3/11/2020 at 4:19 PM, blaze said:

I'd like to do that same trip next year leaving from the Island Pond Vermont with my wife. She's not a fast rider or likes a lot of mileage I was thinking to go to Manoir lac du William for the first night is that an easy ride. Thank you. And is it easy to follow the trails that way ride a lot of Quebec but haven't crossed from Vermont in many years

Blaze-    I believe it was 140 or so miles from Manoir lac du William to our camp in Averill, figure about 160 from IP. We crossed in Beecher Falls, but you could also cross in Norton for a lot of open field riding, good both ways. Easy trails to follow, very well marked. Trails usually are in great shape with very little traffic

Thanks for the updates. 

Trying to figure if its worth attempting to pull off a ride in Beauceville area Saturday. Fridays weather was snow and a mix here in Maine but looked like RDL/Gaspe got snow.  Any word what this area got ?