2020 trip planing

DareDog

looks like this years trip is week of 2/17. First day leave from lecabanon,  up to parent then 100 lacs. Second day ride to rabaska lodge.  second day going to check out devils mountain and windigo falls. maybe check out mekoos.   any other spots or places to see in this area? is there any outfitters near by? warming huts?  possibly 3rd day back to lecabanon or some where else. 3-5 days thinking on this trip.  

Edited by DareDog

If your looking for accommodations right near devils mountain check out Village du Windigo on the Baskatong. You can rent a condo for the night. Bit pricy but 5 star Supper and breakfast. Probably great if you are a few fellas to share the condo or a great place to impress the wife. 
https://www.lewindigo.com/windigo-winter/

Try Club Gatineau.20k or so North of Rabaska.Mark and Natalie great host and story tellers as well as outfitter.Great food.Been staying w/ them for 15 or so yrs.wont be disappointed.And reasonable

looks like its this so far

Day 1 Lecabanon to rabaska lodge first night  184 miels

Day 2 rabaska lodge to 100 lacs,  stopping at devils mountain,  windigo falls. around 150 miles or so.

Day 3 100 Lacs to  ?

Day 4  ?

Day 5 ?

have reservations at lacabanon 16th and 21th. Rabaska 17th,  100 lacs 18th.

14 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Check out Le Daived on the Baskatong. Stayed there last week, outstanding food and lodging, all for $115 a night and that was for a suite. Awesome place

https://pointedavid.com/pointeadavid_home.html. I would support them first instead of village windigo. They are the ones who puts hours and hours staking Baskatong Reservoir winter after winter. 

16 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

When you get to Windigo falls, you can walk a cow path right up to the base. Very cool. Sleds have to stay too far away now to get closeup.

We used to stay at a small motel/restaurant called les chutes du Windigo almost beside the falls. Unfortunately it burnt down, but they had the falls lit up at night and was really cool to see.

Edited by Cnc

On 2/3/2020 at 11:09 AM, grumpysanta said:

Yes  CNC  been there and stayed there , They had a helo. land in the middle of the night , IT was a cheap stay but no longer there , lots of fires at these places

Isn’t that the truth, almost every hotel / drinking establishment of my youth within a 40 mile radius has burnt down, and no I didn’t do it!😇

Edited by Cnc

13 minutes ago, grumpysanta said:

I posted some pic,s on my fb. page...  FIRST one windigo 2018 .. the rest are another falls you might know....

Brion, text me your full name on FB. 

We have been to Pourvoirie Windigo the last 2 years. had a great time. 

Day 1 Lecabanon to rabaska lodge first night  184 miels

Day 2 rabaska lodge to 100 lacs,  stopping at devils mountain,  windigo falls. around 150 miles or so.

Day 3 100 Lacs to  auberge motel drakkar shawinigan 260 miles

Day 4 Shawinigan to Windigo  200 miles

Day 5  Windigo to Lacabanon 250 miles

1050 miles looks like. 

Edited by DareDog

7 hours ago, DareDog said:

where is good place to eat in  shawinigan near motel drakkar? 

There is a restaurant up the road,  walking distance,  that's the place we met the famous Iceman! And we were dining with the Gutz bros. Double treat!

Edited by mcstar

2 hours ago, mcstar said:

There is a restaurant up the road,  walking distance,  that's the place we met the famous Iceman! And we were dining with the Gutz bros. Double treat!

The pizzeria DareDog is taking about sadly is no longer there. 

Depends what you are wanting to eat. Many options. Most deliver free to Drakkar or tell me what you are looking to eat and I can tell you where. 

Mc Donald’s and Subway are with the gas across the Street. Just down the road is Fusee rotisserie chicken is good. I know these are more fast food than sit down restaurants. Globe Steakhouse is real good but need to drive there or Taxi. Stratos Pizzeria has lots of choices right in Shawinigan Sud as well as Tsav Pizzeria (really good pizza...for Quebec anyway.)  still need drive there or taxi. But Tsav and Stratos deliver and so does Fusee. Reggie and Pascal have all the menus and Pascal can order for you so you get just what you want. 

Steakhouse and Le Radoteux are two nicer places down in Shawinigan. There are others. Depends what you want to eat.

7 hours ago, iceman said:

The pizzeria DareDog is taking about sadly is no longer there. 

Depends what you are wanting to eat. Many options. Most deliver free to Drakkar or tell me what you are looking to eat and I can tell you where. 

Mc Donald’s and Subway are with the gas across the Street. Just down the road is Fusee rotisserie chicken is good. I know these are more fast food than sit down restaurants. Globe Steakhouse is real good but need to drive there or Taxi. Stratos Pizzeria has lots of choices right in Shawinigan Sud as well as Tsav Pizzeria (really good pizza...for Quebec anyway.)  still need drive there or taxi. But Tsav and Stratos deliver and so does Fusee. Reggie and Pascal have all the menus and Pascal can order for you so you get just what you want. 

Steakhouse and Le Radoteux are two nicer places down in Shawinigan. There are others. Depends what you want to eat.

No Way! That little place was nice after a long day on the trailZ.

GutZ