Shawinigan Lodging

Snobeeler

We are starting 7 day loop from here. Going to see some of the places way north that Snowmaster posted about this winter. I know the Drakkar is awesome for many reasons. Before final decision on where we start has anybody started from  Gouverneur Shawinigan or the  Marineau Shawinigan recently? Do either have truck corrals? 

Drakkar is best.

GOUVERNEUR SHAWINIGAN, you have to cross the river, and since it has been warm....... we have run into issues getting to the Mexican restaurant (Next to the Gov) on warm seasons or late in the year.

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

Last year we went (by accident) to the Drakkar by way of the Gouveneur.  The trail from the Goveneur to the Drakkar was some of THE WORST snowmobiling I have ever seen.  And last year there was tons of snow in Shawinagan.  Piled from the street over peoples lawns to the roof of their houses.   This trail was rocks, paved and plowed parking lots.  Sleds actually overheating AND you HAVE to cross the river near the dam.  Last year that was fine but not so sure this year.  You will not be sorry about choosing the Drakkar for sled and truck safety as well as easy (50 feet) access to the groomed trail with gas like 250 yards away visa perfect groomed trail. Downtempo Shawinigan is great to go out and eat but I would never want to sled out of there ever again, relive me it was pitiful and I line in PA where are trails (if we ever get snow) are usually junk.

6 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

We are starting 7 day loop from here. Going to see some of the places way north that Snowmaster posted about this winter. I know the Drakkar is awesome for many reasons. Before final decision on where we start has anybody started from  Gouverneur Shawinigan or the  Marineau Shawinigan recently? Do either have truck corrals? 

We've started from the Marineau in Shawinigan many times. No corral for the trucks but a small nice place. Easy access to the trails and fuel and Mcdonalda across the st

12 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

We've started from the Marineau in Shawinigan many times. 

I hear ya, 

try calling Marineau to bring your truck and trailer to pick you up somewhere if you ever need it. 

Support those that support QR. And go above and beyond. 

Mc Donald’s and gas across the street from Drakkar too. 

On 2/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, iceman said:

I hear ya, 

try calling Marineau to bring your truck and trailer to pick you up somewhere if you ever need it. 

Agreed about the Drakker, Just not a fan of all the local orange trails and the river to get in and out. We always head North out of Shawinigan which is why we always used Richards place to Launch. The Marineau is in a better spot for us. 

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Agreed about the Drakker, Just not a fan of all the local orange trails and the river to get in and out. We always head North out of Shawinigan which is why we always used Richards place to Launch. The Marineau is in a better spot for us. 

All good Jack, understood

no need for river leaving Drakkar

local trail yes

3 hours ago, Albieridin said:

driving by with truck looks like mekinac closed up

He posted about a week ago on HCS that the trail was groomed by his place. I messaged him but no response. Last year I remember him posting he had a cottage for rent. He left his number on the post in HCS

On 2/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, iceman said:

I hear ya, 

Starting From Drakkar Sunday the 16th. To Mistissini and Abitibi. Would love to see Reggies face if we called for a rescue from there lol.

• 2 weeks later...