St Zenon and Surrounding

ChrisWright

Finally made it up for the first time this year this past weekend.  We rode Friday through Sunday in the St. Zenon area, as far south as St Damien, North as Lac Repos, east over to Sacacomie and slightly west of SMDS.   About 570 miles in the three days that we rode.   We found excellent snow coverage almost everywhere along with excellent conditions, especially considering weekend riding.   Classic Quebec trip!!!  Introduced two newbies to the sport and got them spoiled out of the gate.  As no surprise, we encountered fantastic customer service everywhere we went.   It had been awhile since I was in this area.  I chose it because of the newbies and our ability to ride day loops without back packing.  That concept seems to be a bit scary for a newbie!   I noted a handful of trail changes between this time and the last.   Just wanted to give a shout out to all of those involved in one way or another in planning, preparing and maintaining the trail system.   Many other areas, Ontario, Michigan, NY never seem to take pride in their trail systems in terms of spending time to correct problems.  If there's forestry working taking place, they don't seek out a reroute, snowmobilers just have to deal with it or they close the trail down.  If there's a road that must be ridden, again, it must be dealt with and they don't even seem to think about grooming the berm.   Not the case in Quebec.  It seems like every effort is made to make this province a snowmobiler haven!   So for those of you who make that effort day in and day out, I sincerely thank you and appreciate all the hard work.   It is clear reciprocity, the folks know the importance of snowmobilers and snowmobilers feel important and welcomed.   Can't wait to back pack in a few weeks with my traditional group!