Delta Jonqiuer - Day trip options??

sledzz

Hello, 

Have been to the Delta a couple of times on a pass through saddlebagger but looking for a day trip, approximately 150 to 250km out of the Delta. I do love the trail / terrain on the north side of the river up through Mt Valin to LaChepal. Is there another area that has similar terrain? Perhaps up to Centre Plein Air Mt. Valin?? Never been up that way. As always, thank you for any info provided. Cheers

There are several day trips that can really vary the terrain.

-Tour du Lac 275ish

-Tour du Fijord 320

-Up though Onatchaway over to Scooby RAID\Mt Vilain\Plein Air over to Milot. 200

-Claremont Express 200ish 

-Lac Brochet Toward 355. 160

-North of the Lac. 200+

-95 to 328 to ( cap eu lest ) ( lunch ) up through Valin, out the back to Onatch. 200

Etc... 

GutZ

Hi Sledzz,

We always check the groomer map and decide from there.  We usually stay away from Mont Valin East because of the traffic, especially on weekends.  You can hit it good like we did last week but not always.

I look at the territory in three sections:

1.) North of the Saguenay which is Mont Valin West, Onatchiway, Mont Vilain, Milot, L'Acension, etc.  Trails 93, 367, 328 and the local trails.  A good variety of riding from mountains, scenic, flat areas and blueberry fields.  I favor this area.

2.) South of the river and west of Jonquiere which is Hebertville, St Bruno, Alma, Metabetchouan and down to Mt Apica.  Trails 83, 383, 23.  This is flatter than north of the river.  More fields as you get closer to Lac St Jean.  It can be really good but if it is windy, be careful of drifts and white outs in the fields.  Mt Apica is busy on weekends.

3.) South of the river and east of Jonquiere which is La Baie, St Felix, L'Anse St Jean, Ferland.  Tails 83 and 383.  A little flatter and not as many fields.  A little less traveled maybe.

So I look at the groomer map to see what was groomed, think about is a weekend, and then pick an area.  Mont Valin East, like I said, can get over rode and bumped up but there are some really nice lookouts if you haven't been to them.

Jack & Sandi

Mmm... True that Jack. 

To rock n roll over LSJ, just one-way from Delta to Lac a Jim is 200k. 

To do those northwest parts of 93 & 373 (and keep distance down) maybe an overnight.

Does it count as 2 "day trips" if there's a stay @ St Felicien or Dolbeau?