Gaspe Trip - March 13 (Pre Reserve Hotels?)

Grimmer

Ok ...here's the plan guys....

Drive to Matane...

Day 1 Matane to Mt St.Pierre (Auberge LaMarre)

Day 2 Matane to Perce (Au Coin De Berge)  **NOTE:  Lady at Table Du Roland says they will be closed after March 5th...nobody to work?

Day 3 Perce to Murdochville Copper (lunch) then down to Relais De la Cache for the night

Day 4 ???

Day 5??

I never used to make reservations, but I like to now. My recent rip was about half and half. We had some mechanical issues, so it can be hard to make reservations.I am in the habbit now of reseaching ahead of time, and saving numbers in my phone. Then I'll make a reservation at at a fuel or lunch stop, once I have an idea of how the day is going. On my recent trip, we left from Maine and stayed in Rimouski, Matane, (short day) Mont St Pierre, Perce (Table a Roland), Carleton, Rimouski, and back to Monticello, Maine.

Day 4 Option: La cache 595 north to St Paulin Relais (TQ5 intersection) then backtrack the 595 South and end up in Carleton for the night. approx 320km but the 595 trail is quite brisk and the top part is very scenic, no hardship to backtrack on it. Hotel Baie Blue is popular https://baiebleue.com/enimage.thumb.png.96175b1ae683a914e195622c32eb82ea.png

Day 5 Option: Carleton to Matane - via 587S, Approx 310km. The 587S in my mind is one of the nicer ones in the Gaspe.

image.png.4f34d3e43f55289ab13667179b38f884.png

10 hours ago, P Hardy said:

Day 4 Option: La cache 595 north to St Paulin Relais (TQ5 intersection) then backtrack the 595 South and end up in Carleton for the night. approx 320km but the 595 trail is quite brisk and the top part is very scenic, no hardship to backtrack on it. Hotel Baie Blue is popular https://baiebleue.com/enimage.thumb.png.96175b1ae683a914e195622c32eb82ea.png

Day 5 Option: Carleton to Matane - via 587S, Approx 310km. The 587S in my mind is one of the nicer ones in the Gaspe.

image.png.4f34d3e43f55289ab13667179b38f884.png

Agree.   595 and 597 are favorites of ours.   

Thanks everyone.  Looks like we are going to keep our day 4 and 5 option open and probably end up doing something of a hybrid of what was suggested.  We'll see how my son feels and if he feels like riding an extra couple days or we can cut it short and go back to the truck.  Going to stop at Mont St Anne on the way home and do some snowboarding so he may just want to get there. 

Thanks guys I'm complete newbie in the gaspe and this site was very helpful much appreciated !

Edited by Grimmer