Best place to stay in Chibougamau?

Sled Dog

Here now this town appears to be shutting down.Ultramar gas closed, Tim hotels closed strip bar closed ! We are at a motel near the Nordic that had people in it about 5 years ago ! Paid at hotel Chibougamau then had to do Easter egg hunt to find this place. The locals had no clue where it is!! Real cheap too almost $600 for 3 rooms.

Standing outside the hotel Opemiska last night around 9:30h having a smoke I got some real local entertainment.

some dude in a clapped out S10 pickup with a loud exhaust was doing laps and power slides right down main st and onto the side roads for about 10 minutes straight. It was sorts like being at a NASCAR event.

i guess when the nearest cop is in Chibougamau you can get away with this kinda shit

God I love Quebec

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Standing outside the hotel Opemiska last night around 9:30h having a smoke I got some real local entertainment.

some dude in a clapped out S10 pickup with a loud exhaust was doing laps and power slides right down main st and onto the side roads for about 10 minutes straight. It was sorts like being at a NASCAR event.

i guess when the nearest cop is in Chibougamau you can get away with this kinda shit

God I love Quebec

I've seen the same thing on the res @ Winneway-a bit wild!

1 hour ago, Snobeeler said:

Jack, you mean this place? Hotel Chibougamau.

IMG_7730.JPG

Yep

The restaurant is closed in the hotel due to lack of help. Walk to restaurants, grocery store directly across the st. They have a small u shaped spot behind the building for the sleds. Fills up quickly though.

6 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Hang a right out of the front of the hotel, block or 2 down was a good sports bar, pub. Bar and restaurant closed in hotel., can't get any help

They have been saying that for years, I think the real issue is there is not enough business in winter at least steady business

3 hours ago, viper2 said:

They have been saying that for years, I think the real issue is there is not enough business in winter at least steady business

The girl at the desk said the chef had a major drug problem and they  weren't able to find a new chef. She said they sold all the kitchen  equipment. Apparently drugs are a big issue up there. Getting fuel in Desmarisville a local asked where we where headed while in the store and we told him Chapis. He went on a huge rant about how bad the drug problem is there and how its effecting all the kids.

stayed at hotel chimagamu in jan. no restaurant but small bar on premise accommodations were fine. walking distance to food stops. signage to get there is good. if you're looking for 5 star hot tub type place change your route.if you're in it for the snowmobile ride go for it.