Mid-March at the Roquemont?

Grampsledder

Planning a March 8-15 trip.  Thinking about starting and ending at the Roquemont.   Do you think it will be  risky given the low snow year?   Our other option is to start at the Delta, another 2 hour drive.   Appreciate the comments.  

So generally there is snow.   I realize you can’t predict a month ahead but we are trying to get some guidance from folks who ride the area.   This trip is a week later than we normally go.   Appreciate all the comments.   

Pam and Russ

The first 10 miles or so out of Roquemont is the tough part.  After that you start climbing in elevation pretty quick and you are up on the plateau thru the park.  When you get to Lac St Jean, it gets iffy again.  Mont Valin is usually still good.  It would be getting out of Jonquiere that maybe the difficult part.

If conditions look good in Jonquiere for the week, start from Roquemont.  If not, I would trailer to the Lac so I could trailer to Mont Valin or where trail 368 crosses route 175 and ride from there.  You don't want to be land locked in Jonquiere.  Time to get the crystal ball.

Our humble 2¢.

Jack & Sandi

On 2/13/2020 at 6:18 AM, Grampsledder said:

Planning a March 8-15 trip.  Thinking about starting and ending at the Roquemont.   Do you think it will be  risky given the low snow year?   Our other option is to start at the Delta, another 2 hour drive.   Appreciate the comments.  

Do it, great place to start from, I'll show you 🙂