la Tabatiere

snowdogs

If you travel the white road and find yourself in la Tabatiere let me know, I have a person that I recently became friends with there that can help point you in the right direction if you have problems and would also like to just say hi.

So just in case you are there and cannot get ahold of me ask around town for Jen Gallichon, she has recently become a local celebrity due to serious health issues with her Bernese Mountain Dog, the lack of veterinary service and no way out except by snowmobile which she does ride and the amazing support from the community and air helicopter services. Her plight and the local response has garnered Canadian notional attention. It's a pretty cool story.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

Going great, driving over to Goose Bay today to start the next leg down to the White Road.

Come on, we need details! How's the new sleigh performing? How many miles so far? Any issues? Played golf yesterday here in VT, but would rather be up there with you! Keep us posted, and have fun!

On 3/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, neksledr said:

Come on, we need details! How's the new sleigh performing? How many miles so far? Any issues? Played golf yesterday here in VT, but would rather be up there with you! Keep us posted, and have fun!

Made it into Goose Bay via pick up truck, next day we spent it overhauling my contacts partners sled, rear suspension slides bearings new track carbides the works basically, worked in the garage till 9 pm while 30 cms of snow was falling and blowing. Next day we tried to get out but snow was too deep and more snow was forecasted for the coast which wasn’t in my favour for a solo ride down the coastline to my truck. U turn rent a truck and drive myself and sled back to Baie Comeau, ride back to Forestville.

Sled ran great with no break down other than a blown belt 100k from the truck coming back, I’ll take that given the sled and original belt has close to 6 k on it and the last 1300 k was off trail.

Will have to return another year to complete the loop.

• 8 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, snowdogs said:

Her brother is Cletus, might be dad's name too, not sure

Cletus is a good chap to know in that area, has a garage and can fix you up right away. 
He helped us out when one of our riders tore a track a few years backs when we ran the coastline.