Not so understanding @ Roland Spence & fils Ski-Doo dealership

Roland Spence & fils Ski-Doo dealership, Jonquière -Thursday, February 12, 2020, @ 445pm 15 minutes before closing I roll in by sled with a frozen shield on my BVS2. The salesperson named Rob is all too happy to assist with my purchase & agrees to swap out the old shield with a new one as he said no problem, it will only take ten minutes. I feel a sigh of relief & suspect the Canadian hospitality I have experienced year after year has once again come through. As Rob prepares to assist, a person Rob identified as his boss interrupts. Rob & he speak in French. Rob turns to me and apologizes. Rob explains his boss will not allow him to swap the shield. Rob said the boss suggested I return Monday as the woman who normally swaps out the shields will be working. I ask Rob to ask his boss to reconsider as I am on a saddlebag trip & the following day forecast was forecasted to be -15F. I add that this is not my first visit as I have made several purchases for many consecutive years from  Roland Spence & fils. Rob speaks with his boss and Rob says his boss says no. I contemplate strapping the shield to my bag, returning to the hotel and replacing the shield with sufficient lighting & out of the poor weather but I know through experience the shields are fragile so I chose not too. Subsequently, I leave with a non-functioning shield, a forty-mile round trip journey from Centre de Congres & Hotel La Sagueneenne and no progress.

The following morning myself & three colleagues travel from the hotel by taxi to IMPERIUM Ski-Doo located in  Chicoutimi. Thankfully the sales team could not have been more helpful - true Canadian hospitality. Minutes later the four of us depart after happily dropping $1000+CAD on an assortment of clothing & accessories all of which are currently marked down 25%. Most importantly, my helmet was fixed. Kudos to the staff @ IMPERIUM Ski-Doo. I am very grateful to each of you that assisted the four of us. I will return. 

As for the sales staff @ Roland Spence & fils, I'm sorry you have a boss as inconsiderate & uncompassionate as he was. Rob was a professional. Rob's boss, not so much.

If the owner and or a person of authority from Roland Spence & fils wants to reach out to me please do so.

Thank you.

Paddy O'Reilly

CC Google review
       Facebook Quebec Rider 

Too bad to hear.  Spence has been good over the years.  If the boss had another reason other than it was closing time, he should have had Rob convey that to you.  But it sounds like the swap would have been completed in time.  It doesn't seem very Quebecian to leave you out in the cold.

We have used both dealerships and have always been treated well.

Jack & Sandi

In past years we have happily patronized Spence. It was my first time at  IMPERIUM Ski-Doo.

Co-owner Natacha Spence recently reached out to me. In sum & substance, Natacha apologized for what occurred and in part blamed it on staff having obligations after hours a claim to which I have much respect for had after hours come into play. It was clear to me Rob who speaks English well was more than willing & ready to assist before the boss interjected. I am confident the swap would have been completed in comparison to the time it took Rob to interpret on my behalf with his boss. 

It is water under the bridge now. I'm satisfied someone of authority at Spence is informed of the incident. The awareness may assist someone else in the future.

Happy trails. Keep right. The end : )

As an FYI:

CharlesDumas.thumb.jpg.1e388a0e8fa2d9e1946e7827cd6bf60f.jpg

This is the guy in Service who I have dealt with and he is very helpful and speaks english (not that crap that Pat and Gary speak, the real USA version (LOL))

Also a gentleman in sales will interpret for you too.

Later

GutZ

Listen, everyone knows the US invented all the best things in the world.... Pizza, Fireworks, Math, Beer, Poutine and yes the English language. You maybe using it now, but it is most likely an infringement on our intellectual rights.... 

LOL!!

Glad you guys made it home Ok.

GutZ

Yer sad to go but as we've said before always next year.. great too see you guys and everyone else at the delta we had a (awesome) or brilliant time as we say in proper English 😂 .. be safe and have a great summer see you all next February..