Team Iceman 2020 #3 Abitibi

iceman

On 2/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, iceman said:

27 February Thursday

Woke to everything they said, wind and heavy snow. Whatever as we really are planning to just stay at hotel for the day, Then tomorrow when this storm has moved on we load it up and get the show on the road, For chez Ice. Had late breakfast at 10 AM then we took in the classic “the Price is Right” gameshow, damn I want to play me some Plinko. Maybe spin that big wheel. For now we watch it snow, i seen much worse it’s alot of snow but not whiteout here. Finally I said lets go take local loop around town. Snohorse was not feeling it. Does not want to chance the sled stopping and being stuck. I said no problem I offer free towing. Still not having it. So I tell Kwiknick suit up it’s me n you. He’s happy to get out. Needed go to get some necessities at the Depanneur anyway. So I tell the boy, listen 2-3 hours max not going crazy. Cause I know he cannot wait to get in this powder. Off we go few sled tracks by hotel. We take local not far from hotel tour de ville. No tracks here solid 10” by now. I start going ha! This is like swimming not riding. Like driving a boat. Ok I had enough of this. Nick takes lead, he busts me open a nice trail. He has been kept in rocking chair this whole trip as he tends to go and go and not stop. So today he will stop often. He goes a bit then plays some then go some more . We ride out to 83 by local orange then turn around and head back. Lots of fun but I had enough for now. Back to Depanneur then to hotel. Big 40 miles. But interesting. Fun for a bit not to go do 200 miles in it fun. 

We were planning on meeting snowmaster in Parent friday night, but we only managed 165 miles in the storm and turned back to kanawata forthe night, got there at 345 pm. good thing Ihave a 850 expedition or we would have been stuck out there, this sled is a beast, but the 129s could not push on, we made a good choice, 1 guy lost a belt, not bad. We broke treail to halteparche in the am and met up with snowmaster there, then broke trail to goin reservoir, this is a greatbadventure. We ncontinued on to 100 lacs, lots of ungroomed snow, but we still managed 225 bon friday, more to come.