Crossing Ottawa River at / near Hawkesbury to Hotel Lac Carling

sledzz

Hello, does anyone have info or experience crossing the Ottawa river near Hawkesbury Ontario into Quebec west of Lachute? Specifically trying to cross over from Ontario trails to stay at Hotel Lac Carling then on our way up to St. Zenon area. Is it a bridge crossing or ice crossing. Thank you very much for any info you can provide.

• 8 months later...

I did not cross over there last year, but had the opportunity to observe ice conditions on several occasions through the season. Very sketchy on a fast moving river. Please get timely local knowledge. One alternative if necessary, hire a flat bed tow truck to take you & machines across the bridge from Ontario, Quebec trails intersect that road very closely once you are over.

I crossed at Chutes de Blondeau  both last year and the year before and ice has always been very good , only one  issue , its a bit of a challenge trying to find the trail  on the Ont side if your coming from Quebec , its not marked and not groomed for nearly 2 km . We had to follow the tracks across couple of field to hook up to the trail.

Edited by sledfarmer
bad grammer

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 8:14 PM, sledfarmer said:

I crossed at Chutes de Blondeau  both last year and the year before and ice has always been very good , only one  issue , its a bit of a challenge trying to find the trail  on the Ont side if your coming from Quebec , its not marked and not groomed for nearly 2 km . We had to follow the tracks across couple of field to hook up to the trail.

We tend to not cross and go through town looking for the trail unless you’re heading west into Ontario rather we cross to the southern side and go east following the river almost to the dam where you’ll find a trail taking you off the river. None of it is marked but it’s beaten down from the locals.

These are my stomping grounds.

Edited by Trailblazer