RDL 2 moose valley

Bluegrass

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Best route from RDL is  RDL to St. Cyprien to Squatec to Biencourt to Moose Valley.   Much, much nicer than taking 85 to NB and working your way NE to Moose Valley.

mike

That's why they call you the mayor of RDL!

125 miles one way. I am willing to bet the lodge is crazy busy Fri-Sun. Remember, cash only for gas. $2.00 gallon.  We always top off in Squatec, coming and going.  I can't remember if food is cash only or not.

I have gone on a Tue and a Wed.  Those days trails were perfect from Biencourt to Moose Valley. The last 50 miles or so is nothing less than epic.

mike

9 hours ago, Bluegrass said:

Was thing of leaving from the 1212 on 85 then going to moose valley for gas and lunch and up to Amqui for the night 

If you do that take some extra time and loop around the trails North of Moose Valley, they are wide flat and fast with little or no traffic. You can really rack up the miles there. And just a reminder NB is one hour ahead. 

We did a run this past weekend and came in from the 85. First part of their trails were nothing great but once you got in they were wide fast trails. We had lunch at Moose Valley and then took the trail toward L'Assension?(spelling)  and Point a la Croix for the night. Would look to go back. Great scenery & trails.

RDL to Moose Valley today with Farmer Old.    Left at 8:00 back at 4:15.   Skipped gas and skipped coffee break both ways. Just a leisurely lunch at MV and gassed up. Trails were really nice. I still recommend the left trail to MV over the right one when you get to the junction in NB that offers you the choice.  Food was very good. 250 miles.

I always tip the guy pumping gas. Wonder if others do also. He may be raking in more than all of us!

mike