New Brunswick loop

Northbound

I know this is a Quebec forum, so I wish not to offend, but thought I would post this as some Quebec riders may be interested. This could be a nice addition to a Gaspe loop.

We do the Gaspe about every year, and about 10 or 15 years ago we jumped into NB for a couple of nights, Edmundston to Campbellton. It was pre-GPS, we were in fresh snow and signage was poor. It was a frustrating trip.

Thought we should give it another try. It unfortunately fell on their free weekend, fri, sat, sun. But that's how our schedule worked. 

We're staged in Jonquiere, so we rode to Q city. then RDL.

Day one to Best Western in Grand Falls 217k. Easy ride mostly rail trail.

20200221_123858.jpg

20200221_144802.jpg

20200222_091953.jpg

In summary. We rode 3 days free, bought 2 one day passes for today. Even though it was a warm, sunny, free weekend, there was surprisingly little traffic. Today, monday, almost none. 95% of the trails were groomed and in great shape. We found signage to be very consistent and good. Access to Hotels, food and gas was very good. We planned short mileage days in anticipation of tight, bumpy trails, we were wrong. If you're into miles, you could get them here. We had a great time and will add it to our Gaspe loop in the future.

Hope this is a help to someone, Jeff and Sandy

Thanks for posting Jeff & Sandy.        Those trails look pretty sweet.  A couple of us have been thinking of doing an overnight in Amqui,  travelling from RDL to Squatec to Moose Valley and thru New Brunswick to Amqui.

mike

On 2/24/2020 at 3:33 PM, Northbound said:

Day 2 to Radison hotel, Fredrickton. 225k. Mostly rail trail again but very pretty following the st John river going through interesting towns

20200222_120539.jpg

20200222_121734.jpg

20200222_120856.jpg

Actually rode through that covered bridge a few years ago on my sled. It's in Hartland NB and it is the longest covered bridge in the world at 1,282 feet. We had looped from Madawaska Lake in Maine through Grand Falls NB South before crossing back into Maine at Houlton then back up to Stockholm ME