More beaver action

snowmaster2112

10 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Somehow I managed to get 20 years riding Quebec and never saw trees dropped on the trail by beaver and now twice this season

this afternoon about 5 miles from Balbuzzard 

D196EC5A-4611-4F87-96D5-D8383E08132A.jpeg

You need to sharpen your Beaver hunting skills

22 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

At Faillon and we are having.........you guessed it..........club sandwiches 

left Parent at 930 ......272km and (on the trail) have seen or passed no one.

C642BE2D-622E-4D8B-8E49-AB3C97CDA3D9.jpeg

I like the dog in the coat 😀

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

My favorite little doggy in the whole world......”Little Girl” at a Lac Faillon 

A1927FC6-574A-48F6-80AF-F2562DDAA7F3.jpeg

I bet that's the sweetest thing that's been in that helmet.  Just kidding.  

22 minutes ago, towing said:

Ok... now my keyboard is wet...😍

It was a great run today mon ami. Beautiful weather and trails and only saw 3 sleds on trail all day.....228 miles from Parent to Senneterre 

the 3 guys were definitely together but one was WAY back behind the other two. They we’re heading east towards Faillon. 

At La Villa now where there is 11 other sleds in parking lot, all Quebec. Guess I’m the “lone” American here....LOL

here coming in towards Senneterre this evening 

5ED6368D-6749-4F06-ABB7-0F2B9A8B08F6.jpeg

Snow master, 

We too saw a beaver on the trail for the first time this year. About 4 wks ago NE of lac st. Jean. He was dragging a small tree along the edge of the trail. He drug it along the trail until he came to his side path, he pulled it completely off the trail, then abandoned it, I  suppose to get after we left. Couldn't get to my camera in time. 

3 minutes ago, Northbound said:

Snow master, 

We too saw a beaver on the trail for the first time this year. About 4 wks ago NE of lac st. Jean. He was dragging a small tree along the edge of the trail. He drug it along the trail until he came to his side path, he pulled it completely off the trail, then abandoned it, I  suppose to get after we left. Couldn't get to my camera in time. 

Yeah I just can’t believe have never seen this before and now twice. BTW the bypass trail from Clova down to Cheval (where we saw the first beaver) looked like it hasn’t been groomed in quite some time when we passed by the intersection today. Didn’t see Dominic today while in Clova

I was there once many years ago and I think they had a couple very large dogs. Very friendly.  So maybe this dog is called down sizing.  

The dog belongs to Jack and his Native wife “Brenda”. He met her out in Alberta where he was for the last 25 years working in the Tar Sands. He’s originally from Valdor and they have only been working at Faillon for about 6 weeks now. One of the coolest dudes I have met in all my years up here.