Gaspe trip 2/15 - 2/22

Triggerhappy

Well better later than never.  I got back from riding Shawinigan on 2/9 and shortly after I get home I was invited by a couple fellow quebecriders Pipeman and Ike to join them on a Gaspe loop.  I have never been out there so I was excited to join them.  Arrived at Shawinigan (Drakkar) Friday evening and we left Saturday morning 2/15 on the sleds.  We ride to catch the “suburban” for a ride across the river. What crossing that was.  We rode along the north shore stopping to check out the snow mummies at Redemption as we worked our way to Percé.  We had a nice wind/snow storm overnight in Percé.  Rode up to murdochville then over to La Cache.  Worked our way up and over to lac Etchemin.  Then headed back to catch the “suburban”  ride and back to Shawinigan on 2/22.  1800 miles.  No issues or breakdowns.  Having those two guys leading my first trip out there was great.  They know their chit and it made things go smoothly.  I appreciate them inviting me along.  I will try and post some pics 

CD2DC519-B026-4ADA-9921-9038DDCC0A49.jpeg

B6EEDE64-1AE1-4DD2-8A3C-D8FB928887A1.jpeg

Thanks for posting Chris it was a real pleasure having you with us, fun times for sure!  I’ll just add a few pics, weather and trails this time were some of the best I have seen from the Chaudiere Appalaches region up through Baie St Laurent and all of Gaspesie most were a 9 out of 10, we hit it lucky ! 

4EAF399F-2D69-4193-A1FE-ED046134B9F0.jpeg

A0ED3462-1212-4AA7-8965-028F528DD624.jpeg

AD12992B-A6C3-410E-A96D-CB4D6CAB26A5.jpeg

C3B5AE2B-B69D-49B1-816F-EB3C2A205646.jpeg

A7CD508E-E7F1-4AAE-9A40-5F75E0909F8C.jpeg

D74566C6-F242-413F-A1FD-D0063198E606.jpeg

We are heading back up for another trip on 3/6 not sure where to yet, Cote Nord? Or back up to Mistissini? Showing some warmth coming mid week so we’ll see.....biggest issue is where to start from. Baie Saint Paul, La Tuque or.......🤔

23 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

Shawinigan (Drakkar) Friday evening and we left Saturday morning 2/15 on the sleds...

Well done Gents!  

I had some junk in my head about Gaspe = Trailer from Trois Rivieres

Thanks for setting me straight that Gaspe = Take more days off from work!

And congrats on the conditions timing!

Gaspe.thumb.jpg.1c54a47ce321250158ffd5425faa9c69.jpg

22 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Well done Gents!  

I had some junk in my head about Gaspe = Trailer from Trois Rivieres

Thanks for setting me straight that Gaspe = Take more days off from work!

And congrats on the conditions timing!

Gaspe.thumb.jpg.1c54a47ce321250158ffd5425faa9c69.jpg

This is great when you are in full winter conditions. End of march not sure about getting there and back to Shawi. Maybe what will it be like in two weeks?

3 hours ago, iceman said:

This is great when you are in full winter conditions. End of march not sure about getting there and back to Shawi. Maybe what will it be like in two weeks?

Yep, that’s why I struggle with where to start from on any March trips, you can leave on nice snow covered trails and return on snirt. And I like upper Abitibi as well as 83/93 trails. Very few roads or towns to skag into. Is the trail still messed up leaving Relais 22 towards Roberval?

1 minute ago, Pipeman said:

Very few roads or towns to skag into. Is the trail still messed up leaving Relais 22 towards Roberval?

Should be business as usual for 83 from 22 north to Roberval 

bridge was finished weeks ago. 

32 minutes ago, iceman said:

Should be business as usual for 83 from 22 north to Roberval 

bridge was finished weeks ago. 

Excellent! Thank you,  iMotoneige does not show anything for construction still but wasn’t sure. Thanks again I greatly appreciate it 👍

Edited by Pipeman