Ice crossing on 319 near la Minerve

aj17ca

6 hours ago, aj17ca said:

Anyone been on this lately? Is it open and staked? Thanks

That’s lac Chapleau, was on it two weeks ago, it was staked, smooth like it was groomed with a small drag and two cops waiting at the far end with radar, surprise!

I was on it couple weeks ago , was great.  

14 hours ago, Cnc said:

That’s lac Chapleau, was on it two weeks ago, it was staked, smooth like it was groomed with a small drag and two cops waiting at the far end with radar, surprise!

I was on a few weeks ago and it was great,, but i had a question for cnc.   can they give you a ticket on a lake which is federal property , and boats can race at high speeds on there./?

1 hour ago, grumpysanta said:

I was on it couple weeks ago , was great.  

I was on a few weeks ago and it was great,, but i had a question for cnc.   can they give you a ticket on a lake which is federal property , and boats can race at high speeds on there./?

My understanding is yes if you are on a marked and picketed trail that is part of the trail system. In our case they were at the far end of the lake from La Minerve. 4 of us doing about 100km and a guy passes us in the power doing maybe 110-120km. I naturally sped up 😁, but About 2/3 of the way across the other sled peeled off and slowed down headed along the shore. I saw two sleds headlights coming toward us but Realized something was a little screwy, they didn’t bounce or move, hmm two stopped sleds, I slowed a bit and then a bit more. When I saw the radar gun I was doing about 80km and slowed to just under 70km as we got close. Guess we weren’t worth stopping by the time the radar picked us up and we just drove by. 

And oh yeah, Grumpy we keep just missing  each other we went through on the Saturday just A day or so after you posted on FB you were there.

Edited by Cnc

1 hour ago, grumpysanta said:

lucky there for sure . so the moral of the story is to go fast in the middle of the lake  and not when you get near any shore , where they could have a car to drag you to jail.

Yeah funny thing one guy had the radar and one had a mic in hand, as we came up off the lake at that end there is a road and a bit of a parking for some commercial building that the trail goes through, I was half expecting to see a car there, but there wasn’t. I think the SQ is just making a presence on the trails. We came across 3-4 SQ sleds lights flashing blocking the trail just outside of Pine Hill the other week. Safety check they said. Ok you got mirrors, got your trail pass, hit your brake let me see your brake light, ok good you can go. Same routine for the rest of our group. One of my buddies broke his left mirror getting it out of his truck, cop who checked him was standing on the right side of the sled and never noticed!😁

Edited by Cnc