QC City ride with Mrs. Ice

iceman

Being school break here this week, I promised my better half some seat time during her time off. We tossed around where to go and finally decided on a ride to QC City. Wanted to go Monday and return Tuesday however that was not to be. I ended up with other commitments on Monday. So Tuesday it is. Watching weather I knew would be warm Tuesday and rain then snow overnight. Oh well, is what it is. My Apex is still at the doctor so thanks to Playhard I will use one of his Vectors to make it happen. Surely it will be fun. Caro is not giving up “her” Apex so I will run the Vector. Feels like a go-cart compared to sitting up on my Apex but, let’s do this. 

Packed a light saddlebag for overnight for two. Plan is to head to Doubletree and take shuttle into Old Quebec for dinner. 

Out of the gate here trail is rough . No grooming since weekend with warm temps. To be expected. Rough through Shawi Sud then lots of fog made visibility tough but it got better once through St Severin and up 302 to 353 and then 73 to Roquemont for lunch. Quite a few sleds out, more than I thought we would see. From St. Raymond nice run down and into Charlesbourg. Arrived at 3:15. Counted 69 sleds passed today. Lots of trucks and trailers at hotel. Checked in and relaxed for a while. 6pm shuttle to old QC City. Gary the driver and just us. He says normally he drops and picks up at convention center. But since its just us he will take us wherever we want in the Old city. Super nice of him as he saved us about 10 minutes walking. Any minutes less walking is good by me. First choice for dinner was Cafe de Paris we had been there a few years back and the ambiance is just cool and the beef wellington  was outstanding. However this was not to be as I did check online and they were open but I did not call. This place has a bistro/cafe side and the more fancy restaurant side. Of course our luck the fancy side with the Beef Wellington on menu is closed until end of March. So down the street a couple blocks and its gonna be Pizza at Polina’s. Frigging home run. Finished up dinner and called to verify pickup time for shuttle. Right on time and back to hotel 9pm.

Good nights rest and woke to snow falling. No hurry at all as we are going the direct route back with a stop at Moto Thibault to get my sled back. Left at 10 am. Snow has stopped. It rained quite a bit overnight before changing to snow. Sloppy through town. Once in the hills trees frosted the wife loved that. Straight forward today Tq3 to 351 the local back to Tq3 and home. Less traffic today. Only saw 19 sleds today. Trail soft but not terrible. When it all freezes up and they groom it, all will be well again. Very impressed with my wife’s abilities and she rides quite well for the limited time she gets on the trail. I teased her about wanting to race. She said no. Then blew by me. I followed her to watch her corners which I knew already were fine. She is on the right always. Maybe not in the sticks like I am but totally on the right. She is a rider. Trying to build her up slowly, I want her to like to ride and enjoy it, not ride with me because she knows I like to ride. Don’t want to ruin her by trying to run her too far. Baby steps. 

Grabbed my Apex on the way by Moto Thibault. Hello baby. I missed you. Quick run back to house and closer to home the more junk the trail became. Rough. But made it home at 2:30. 

A good time in great company. Certainly gonna get her out there as much as I can. 

Great write up ICE !!! Wish my wife rode but unfornately it just not her "cup of tea" I am STILL mad at myself (mostly my buddy) for not waiting around another 15 or so minutes last week in Amos. We didn't know for sure if you were going to make it....and spot on......you did. Have a GREAT rest of the season and maybe we will cross paths before it's all over.

1 minute ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Great write up ICE !!! Wish my wife rode but unfornately it just not her "cup of tea" I am STILL mad at myself (mostly my buddy) for not waiting around another 15 or so minutes last week in Amos. We didn't know for sure if you were going to make it....and spot on......you did. Have a GREAT rest of the season and maybe we will cross paths before it's all over.

I am very fortunate that she enjoys it. The big rides are not for her. Yet. Maybe someday she will get there. But it is nice to take all day to ride somewhere I would normally be in a couple of hours. Very relaxing. 

My bad for not stopping and sending a text or PM to let you know we were riding your way to Amos. We will surely get together. 

Cote Nord next week.