Northbound

snowmaster2112

4 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Was passing by the 345/M20 junction and saw that someone put a decoration on the shitter. Looks like one of those “radio controlled “ ones from years ago. Wonder how long it will be there.

58530E28-EFBC-4B85-B0AD-CD0102731425.jpeg

I got to ride that reroute in the big storm last Thursday, did a turn around when I saw that I had left the trail on the GPS, went back a 1/4 mile to see that it appeared to be the correct way, a sign would be helpful. If you get there in a storm with no GPS and there is so much snow you cannot see the trail....things have changed and the GPS is really a must. I could see I was headed toward 33 so I figured it was going to be fine, right at the end you hook back to the old trail at the big u-turn, 3500 miles this year and first time I rode to Repo on the 345.

At Kanawata and only having fries today. Brought a sub from home and had half at camp last night and half at Repos waiting for the fuel truck.

Heading north over. The next few days .......way north.

stay tuned........

Lake Mistissini would be my bet?

that 345 was fun time 2 weeks ago,   we left kanawata  at 1:30 pm.  had to ride to LeCabanon.  figured we would be there at 3:30.  we got there at 7 pm lol    good thing we stopped at repos for gas.  got down there and lost groomer track, got to plowed , and sanded road. GPS said to go that way. so we did.  got out there little ways and figured its not right as only one sled track.  turned on  iMotoneige app. showed we were way off the trail. did not know there was a reroute and old signs were still up so we followed them.  its not that hard to put sign up with an arrow or trail closed sign. we followed groomer tracks to that  house where its parked at.  other sledders there to that were lost.  we got back on track.  it was nice trail through there.  wide and was freshly groomed.    

Edited by DareDog

5 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

At Kanawata and only having fries today. Brought a sub from home and had half at camp last night and half at Repos waiting for the fuel truck.

Heading north over. The next few days .......way north.

stay tuned........

Are we talking Santa?

GutZ

Unplanned stop in Parent last night

at new friends house this a.m. with slight hangover

good times at Central last night

heading west today

i still can’t figure out why someone would take a toy snowmobile deep into the bush with them and leave it on top of an outhouse 

6A565295-77A2-4C32-B98A-8FC2AFBC7238.jpeg

heading west today

i still can’t figure out why someone would take a toy snowmobile deep into the bush with them and leave it on top of an outhouse 

8 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

heading west today

Well if your carting that around someone is bound to think it is your back up spare sled. 😁

At Faillon. Ran out of Parent this a.m. with two cool Ontario dudes (Ron & Bill)) from Kitchener all the way here. Never saw a soul.

hammer down time.....JUST INSANE TRAIL and weather today. Doesn’t get ANY better

A70D08F5-002A-4136-97B4-48FB770BF140.jpeg

Surely Awesome! Looks fun. Have a great ride. You wanna go north try Cote Nord if you want to come this way. March ride on 83 to Seneterre from Parent delicious.

Amazing weather today indeed!  Not a cloud in the sky all day!  These are the days we all live for!  Got 6 more days ahead of riding in La Belle Province!  Might just see you up in the north country in a few days to help with the beaver hunting!

8DAA05CB-3AD8-4F9F-A01B-64D1438CFCEC.thumb.jpeg.45c82482526eba38255472d877c056d7.jpeg

Im here right now but got 70 miles to go and it's 630

Something crazy just happened here at the supermarket in town and you ain't gonna believe where I'm staying tomorrow night

Might be off grid for a day or so

Everyone hammer on and enjoy the last bit of the season

From Sennetere to chapais today only passed about 15 locals on the trail which is all like a bowling alley

IMG_20200308_182015.jpg

Left Senneterre yesterday morning and stopped into Miquelon to see my native friends. Are you spending the night again they ask?

of course I am but it’s only 3pm and I NEED more miles. I decided to do a grocery store run to Chapais. 88 miles one way.....LOL

arrived back at 8 pm.........insane smack down run. Brought Frozen Pizza and beer back. (The essenentials)

when I walked into the grocery store I was in the front taking my helmet off and in walks this dude. If you know me.....I don’t hold back much on anything in life. I could obviously see this guy was “native” and was 99.9% sure he spoke English. So I was up to him and say “ you are the biggest fu%&cking Indian I have EVER see. How god damn tall are you? 

6 ft 10” !!!!!!!

anyway......he lives in Ouje bigamau and knows my buddies in Miquelon. Within minutes we are good friends and he invites me to his house tonight to sleep and have “moose steak” super.

Meet “Clifford the giant”.......has a twin brother who lives with him too. Boy this is gonna be interesting 

EF988289-83E8-48EA-98B3-AD9785625F46.jpeg

Currently leaving McDonalds in Chibougamau and heading to the mighty Mistissinni where I will back track to Ouje tonight to stay with Clifford and brother. Did NOT pass another sled (with the exception of two locals coming into Chibougamau) all the way from Miquelon and if I had to lay money down I won’t SEE anyone going up to Mistissinni and back

i leave you with a couple trail picks from today

4349FD18-55C8-422C-AD16-CBAC1A0E1767.jpeg

Headed up that way on Thursday. Not sure how far we will get with the rain coming. Have 4 days to ride and plan to park truck at Forestal. CAPISSISIT LODGE is in Ouje bigamau. Have you ever stayed there? Orange trail to lake so I assume you just cross the lake. Maybe after your trip up there you can message me if you want to? 

Edited by Backcountry12

Left Senneterre yesterday morning and stopped into Miquelon to see my native friends. Are you spending the night again they ask?

of course I am but it’s only 3pm and I NEED more miles. I decided to do a grocery store run to Chapais. 88 miles one way.....LOL

arrived back at 8 pm.........insane smack down run. Brought Frozen Pizza and beer back. (The essenentials)

when I walked into the grocery store I was in the front taking my helmet off and in walks this dude. If you know me.....I don’t hold back much on anything in life. I could obviously see this guy was “native” and was 99.9% sure he spoke English. So I was up to him and say “ you are the biggest fu%&cking Indian I have EVER see. How god damn tall are you? 

6 ft 10” !!!!!!!

anyway......he lives in Ouje bigamau and knows my buddies in Miquelon. Within minutes we are good friends and he invites me to his house tonight to sleep and have “moose steak” super.

Meet “Clifford the giant”.......has a twin brother who lives with him too. Boy this is gonna be interesting 

EF988289-83E8-48EA-98B3-AD9785625F46.jpeg

He's a SamSquatch!!!

WOW!

GutZ