Northbound

snowmaster2112

1 hour ago, Pipeman said:

Snowmaster we are at Capissisit lodge in Oujé-Bougoumou tonight. If you’re in the area it would be great to meet up. 

B2A8C9D4-0430-41EA-BA61-0CE473627D88.jpeg

9FA5C5C1-DA4B-4297-BF15-EC38FAC68257.jpeg

4BE7251F-6DF5-49C2-96EE-3F9038B30BE9.jpeg

Pipeman

I am at a cabin right on the main Rd less than 1 mile from where the Ouje trail hits the main trail by the nice Ouje-bougamau wooden sign

Didn't get here till 7pm and just got done eating moose dinner which was never frozen and running around the bush two days ago

I ran from Miquelon to Mistissini and back to here today and I'm shot

You guys will have to run right over the driveway where I am tomorrow morning. I dont plan on leaving too early. What time will  you guys be leaving in morning. Would like to meet you guys too.

My Canadian cell is 6133308269

Just had a GREAT BREAKFAST at the Capasisit Lodge in Ouje where I met Pipeman and friend. THANKS so GD MUCH for letting me take a shower at your room. I kid you not.....the BEST one I have ever seen/taken in all of Quebec

I'm waiting for the boys here at Clifford's and we will ride together to Miquelon where I'm dropping off (my short day) and they are going to Matagami

Here a live shot of Clifford the 6 ft 10" Indian on my sled. I need the air shock to go to past 5 but it doesn't.....LOL

IMG_20200310_095109.jpg

16 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Snowmaster we are at Capissisit lodge in Oujé-Bougoumou tonight. If you’re in the area it would be great to meet up. 

B2A8C9D4-0430-41EA-BA61-0CE473627D88.jpeg

9FA5C5C1-DA4B-4297-BF15-EC38FAC68257.jpeg

4BE7251F-6DF5-49C2-96EE-3F9038B30BE9.jpeg

Is there a need to reserve here or just ride in? Parking in Val-d'or Thursday morning after driving up from PA  overnight. 3 guys and we just keep switching off driving. Never stayed here but have stayed in Chib many times. 

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Just had a GREAT BREAKFAST at the Capasisit Lodge in Ouje where I met Pipeman and friend. THANKS so GD MUCH for letting me take a shower at your room. I kid you not.....the BEST one I have ever seen/taken in all of Quebec

I'm waiting for the boys here at Clifford's and we will ride together to Miquelon where I'm dropping off (my short day) and they are going to Matagami

Here a live shot of Clifford the 6 ft 10" Indian on my sled. I need the air shock to go to past 5 but it doesn't.....LOL

IMG_20200310_095109.jpg

Ice was right when he named you the ambassador of indigenous affairs, really great to make all these friends in the bush, it is what makes Quebec so special, the hospitality of the people, have a great trip Chris!!

On 3/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, snowmaster2112 said:

IMG_20200310_095109.jpg

Your Arctic Cat clad friend certainly looks proud to be sitting on your Ski Doo.  How much did you have to pay him to sit on it?

2 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

I am in Mass, leaving at 3am, will be 1 hr behind you at Le Cabanon. I should be on the trail right behind you by 9am. What is the weather like there, next week is looking good.

We will wait for you. I assume your alone and heading the same direction/area we are ?

little bit of rain , not much. About 3” new snow from here to dam and more like 4-5 up north (I came from camp this morning) weather shouldn’t be a worry. Trails holding very well

Edited by snowmaster2112

Just now, quebec bob said:

Yes, you got it, I will try real hard to be there before 9, I am ready to ride when i get out of the truck, just have to put my gear on, see you in the morning,Bob.

Get some good sleep and don’t try and rush.

we will wait. Call Diane here if there is some issue so that I’m not hanging 

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Thanks, see you in the am!!

Quebec Bob,

I have your old BC up North of Chibugamu today. Left Val'Dor yesterday morning at 10 AM and rode to Obju-Chibugamu for last night. Had and invite to eat an evening meal with them as they has a festival so we decided to nun north and come back to eat tonight. Tried to get up to Mittissinni today but did not make it. Over a foot of fresh snow and very windy like 30 mph+ today so drifting was insane. Turned around and followed logging roads and pipelines back down to Chibugamu and got a late lunch at 3. Went back the local trail and used GPs to find off trail mountain riding for several hours now at Marina Chibugamu for the night. First time here but nice place. 

I am going north in the morning, last week for me, I will be riding the extreme this trip, no real itinerary other than riding with Chris tomorrow, maybe more , just going to see how it shakes down, if the weather holds out, I may stay longer, hope the sled is running well, be safe, happy trails, Bob.

On 3/10/2020 at 11:58 AM, Backcountry12 said:

Is there a need to reserve here or just ride in? Parking in Val-d'or Thursday morning after driving up from PA  overnight. 3 guys and we just keep switching off driving. Never stayed here but have stayed in Chib many times. 

I am sorry I missed your post earlier, yes I would definitely reserve a room chances are it’s not needed but you don’t want to come up this far and not be certain you have a place to sleep.

Me and my BFF from NY and QuebecBob are at Central having breakfast

spent last night with Jean-Guy and “Gypsie” at Haltaparache where we will be staying for the next 3 nights

its like being at Disney World with hardly anyone else there

will be posting a couple pics tomorrow 

the mission today is to be back at Kanawata by 1:30 pm to get the last club sandwich they will serve this season. At 2 pm the kitchen and auberge is closing for the season. They will still be open for gas . Good, I’m gonna need a lot over the next 3 days 

Kanawata right now.....

i cant begin to describe the conditions on the 345/83 at the moment. The weather today, trail area and conditions are one you couldn’t dial up if you had to. One of THE most EPIC snowmobile days I’ve EVER had....and like all of us “I’ve had a few”

AND.....the days not over......

DC6594B4-C6BB-4925-BD62-F9825F9D853C.jpeg

This is THE LAST club sandwich coming out of Kanawata this season. The cook here “knows me well” just made this for me. I think there is a half pound of chicken on this sucker.

back to Haltaparache for steak/shrimp/salmon/beer/wine dinner but maybe not before we go see the overly friendly people of Wemotaci

717DC6EC-9BCF-424C-A68C-B2840DF70787.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112