Northbound

snowmaster2112

Well I think you created a PERMANENT GROOVE in that entire trail system this season. No More gps needed 😂.

Really enjoyed following your EPIC adventures this year for sure. Finally meeting you and seeing that RIG of yours at the Le Cabanon in February was a Trip!!

Enjoy the WIND the next couple of days, be safe and get home to your family for some well deserved RR!!!!!!!!

CHRIS

We said goodbye to QuebecBob as he is heading back to LeCabanon. Jeff and I blasted to Wemotaci on sweet, flat 83 trail with 3” of fresh cream cheese on top. We were LITERALLY asked kindly to get our gas and supplies and GET OUT OF TOWN.

yesterday QuebecBob , Jeff and I shutdown Kanawata as you know from previous post. I maybe (just a little) celebrated what officials might say “a little too much”. After leaving  Kanawata we took our usual break in Casey. From there we rode onto Wemo. In the lead as I was crossing the bridge coming into town I could see cop cars and a bunch of people at the other end. My first thought was “this is it” after 21 yrs I’m going down and they are not going to let me into Canada anymore. But what they were REALLY concerned with was the Corona Virus. Had to sign our names in a log and take these precautionary literature with us.

488FD4CA-C1DD-4E24-961B-DC4BE2976B47.jpeg

Today.....with absolutely no worries about my “fitness for duty”.....we rolled into Wemotaci again. Saw a couple guys from the fire dept at the end of the bridge but they recognized us from yesterday and passed us on. After getting gas (and necessities) from the grocery store the cop rolls up to is. 

Guys he said.....I think you need to get out of town. Said he thinks any minute they are closing any entry from foreigners.

no problem sir.....and BTW....that’s the HOTTEST damn 22 yr old cop (from Dolbuea in LSJ) I have EVER seen and almost makes you wanna be “bad” so she could rough you up a bit.

3BD4F892-A715-494A-835F-40C4851099A4.jpeg

I kid you not. After another pit stop at Haltaparache we are now back in Parent at the Central eating late lunch. While at Halta a little while ago we saw on CBC news talking about shutting down the Indigenous northern communities because they are particularly vulnerable to the Corona virus. Waitress here at Central says “check your IMotoneige app” 

WEMO is NOW SHUTDOWN. 

An hour or so ago we had two Arctic Cat guys (professionals) blast by us heading west . This was somewhere between Halta and Parent.

if they are heading to the 22 they are screwed. Hopefully they will let them pass.

C1FFCD4C-A266-4125-A6E6-9152B9DA764C.jpeg

Trust me....Wemo is not red on IMotoneige because of trail conditions or lack of snow.

this shit is getting “out of hand” when this happens. God bless us all through this and hopefully it will pass sooner than later.

myself.....I’m hoping they shut the border and that will be the excuse to my wife that after 13 days straight I’m gonna stay with the old man and dog at Halta indefinitely.

will be heading out of Halta back to the truck at Lecabanon tomorrow morning.

Snowmobile seasons come and go but this WILL BE one I WILL NEVER forget

D1AA7AA4-598D-4CF7-AC5D-BA4B12973F91.jpeg

4 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Today.....with absolutely no worries about my “fitness for duty”.....we rolled into Wemotaci again. Saw a couple guys from the fire dept at the end of the bridge but they recognized us from yesterday and passed us on. After getting gas (and necessities) from the grocery store the cop rolls up to is. 

Guys he said.....I think you need to get out of town. Said he thinks any minute they are closing any entry from foreigners.

no problem sir.....and BTW....that’s the HOTTEST damn 22 yr old cop (from Dolbuea in LSJ) I have EVER seen and almost makes you wanna be “bad” so she could rough you up a bit.

You should have played your "QC rider ambassador of indigenous affairs" card and probably could have at least got lunch with her out of the deal.

I got into Cabanon late, this shut down trail business ran a few people out of gas. I met 3 who left 2 of their team 7 miles from repo, went to get them with my spare gas, father and son, father was mid 70,s. Now I need gas again, so back to repo, then I get down the 345 10 miles and rescue another 2 out of gas, and back to repo for more myself, second time. 3rd time is the  charm, and I ride in to cabanon, coast in easy as I know I am putting the finishing touches on a 5200 mile season. Could not leave these guys trail side, there was 8 inches of fresh powder, without it they would have made it.Just ate dinner here, place is empty, Jeff and chris, your truck is still here!!A very memorable ride with snowmaster and friend Jeff, great guys, very capable riders and a blast to hang with, we will ride together a lot in the future.Trails are great and there are a lot of folks going north to their cabins with their families to wait this corona deal out, do nort blame them a bit. We rushed to the border last week hoping to get in before it closed down, mission accomplished. I was almost hoping to get stuch here for a few weeks, hanging with jean guy cutting firewood and clearing roofs, he has not changed from 32 years ago when I first met him, 78 this past week, a wonderful man, they don,t come any better, staying with him was the most relaxing time I have had in years, tip my hat to Quebec hospitality. Everyone be safe and healthy...december is 9 months away, could not of ended the season any better, Bob.

6 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

That’s awesome! You are my hero👍

19 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Trust me....Wemo is not red on IMotoneige because of trail conditions or lack of snow.

this shit is getting “out of hand” when this happens. God bless us all through this and hopefully it will pass sooner than later.

myself.....I’m hoping they shut the border and that will be the excuse to my wife that after 13 days straight I’m gonna stay with the old man and dog at Halta indefinitely.

will be heading out of Halta back to the truck at Lecabanon tomorrow morning.

Snowmobile seasons come and go but this WILL BE one I WILL NEVER forget

Looks like you got your wish! Best of luck getting back!

Chris, Jeff, I crossed over at 12 noon 6 cars back, took 40 minutes, 2 cars were brought to the extra search area, ironic or not, they were all aisan or chinesse, looked like profiling to me. Anyhow customs agent looked at my passport asked where I was riding and with who, said I am sure there were not a lot of people around you there, I said almost no one, he handed my paper work back and said welcome home, that was it.I told him I was disappointed, was really hoping he would say come back in 2 weeks, so I could go back to Halta, he thought that was funny. Cabanon said they would close for the season today, so repo has gas, and food, kanawata has gas only, then Hanois in Parent for gas, 33 by manawan is closed and 83 through wemo is closed, so the season is ending in limbo with a good 4 to 6 weeks of snow left in the north country.Traffic was nearly normal around Montreal and basically all the way back to Mass, filling stations and convenience were operating pretty normal, we will see how this shakes down, oil was under 20 a barrel at noon ans THE CANADIAN DOLLAR VS US WAS 152.8 WHEN I STOPPED IN JOLIOTTE ,I AM BETTING ON 152.8, IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE IT WAS THAT HIGH, SO INTO THE BANK I WENT TO CHANGE OVER A FEW THOUSAND.Next season is on sale right now!!Also, a lot of Canadians with camps in the bush are on the trail to their camps, passed many going north with their trailers as well on the highway today, kids are out of school, extra vacation, very lucky!!!

Rolled into LeCabanon yesterday with my buddy about 1:30 with this on the odometer. All from this winter with a brand new 1200 left over. I feel EXTREMELY lucky to have been able to do this this season. Just in the “nick of time” too. It was sad leaving yesterday but the memories will last forever. Seasons come and go but THIS ONE is one that will NEVER be forgotten. It was like a cumulation of years of riding that all pulled together and enabled me to have the BEST year ever. Lifelong friendships were made and the riding was beyond spectacular. I want to give a “shout out” to all the people who made my winter so enjoyable:

”André” my soul brother in Quebec who puts up with me for going on 20 yrs. Thank you mom ami  You ARE the best

Jeff from Dansville, NY ....my BFF riding partner. I promise I will try in the future to get us in before dark. Especially when it’s 30 below

Glenn from Vermont....the guy who I have laid down the most miles with over the years. May we have many more my friend 

Kenny from Pikogan, My native soul brother who hooked me up in so many ways. Can’t wait to see you again my friend 

Jeff in Joutel for hosting my crazy ass for two nights while i assaulted the 396 trail mercilessly 

Samuel, Alex & Elphonse (half-ounce) in Miquelon for some of the CRAZIEST partying I have ever done. You guys ROCK !!

Nancy in Desmairsville for being the sweety she is. Thanks SO MUCH for your hair dryer 

Isabelle in Chapais for hooking me up with the locals and providing a GREAT place to stay

Kenny Loon in Mistissinni for the EXTREME hospitality and showing me the native culture and food

Clifford & Brian (the “Twin Towers”) from Oujé-Bougoumou for letting me camp out and have a fabulous moose steak dinner

Andre & Jeanie in Parent for having a 4 star place to stay while in town.....and letting me use your garage to work on my sled...LOL

All the peeps at the Parent depanneeur. Cynthia, Elodi, Alice, Veronica (Tony’s fiesta wife)& Karine. And Tony.....the worlds best groomer. Thanks for that 10 mile late night groomer ride brother.

Yann from Parent. One cool dude. Had a great time partying with you.

”Popper” the 40+ yr Skiddo mechanic from AB Sports in Senneterre for taking care of me multiple times

Jack and “ little girl” from Lac Faillon. You two literally made my winter. One seriously AWESOME dude

Jean-Guy from Haltaparche. This man is what Quebec is ALL ABOUT. Your hospitality is sincerely appreciated!!!!! Can’t wait to see you again my friend.

And to all the GREAT fellow QR members I got to meet and spend time with this season:

Cobra......we WILL lay down some tracks in the future 

Pipeman & Ike.....two seriously great dudes (and riders) had a BLAST hanging and riding with you guys  p.s.......that shower in Ouje was appreciated more than you know....LOL

Blueblood....we live WAY too close to not get together this summer. Fantastic dude. Bring your wife. I owe you guys a couple Captain & cokes

Je me souviens ....great guy and crew from Plattsburgh

Iceman....what a fu&* up I was. Next time I WILL wait no matter what.....LOL

Quebecbob.....your “one in a million” (maybe two).....look forward to seeing you again my friend 

But the MOST thanks goes to my wife Sandy for supporting me (and us) while I pulled this crazy stunt off. I LOVE you honey !!!!

i wish EVERYONE the VERY BEST off season and HOPE to see you all again next year.

3F8DA16B-82EF-4829-8B63-4537FD9042C3.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

Chris, I had a great time, you guys were great, we will ride again, hopefully we will all visit with JG again, he is a prince, you are absolutely correct, he is what Quebec is all about, they do not come any better, hope you have a great year and can find a lot of trail time this coming season, I already have a month carved out, be well, Bob.

Great season Chris!! I have really enjoyed reading about your winter adventure. Glad we could hook up in Chapais and finally meet.  I had hear lots of stories from Dave and Andy about the guy called "Crazy Chris"!! Maybe next winter we can catch up for a couple days and ride.

Enjoy your summer.

3 hours ago, smclelan said:

Great season Chris!! I have really enjoyed reading about your winter adventure. Glad we could hook up in Chapais and finally meet.  I had hear lots of stories from Dave and Andy about the guy called "Crazy Chris"!! Maybe next winter we can catch up for a couple days and ride.

Enjoy your summer.

I knew I was forgetting more than one fellow QR member I met this season. So hard to remember everything now that I’m older

GREAT to finally meet you Steve and seeing Andy & Dave again was icing on the cake. Sure wish we woulda had more time

thanks Dave for letting me take a blast on that 900 turbo

And....another one I missed ...."Dave from Rutland" the Vermont 2012 Snowmobiler of the year" recipient (at least that's what the two dollar plaque said on his sled)....LOL

Nice run we had bud. I need to pack my nicotine gum next time we ride. This mother hucker don't stop till the gas light is on. Fabulous riding abilities and good times my friend !!!!