Anyone seeing sledding issues from Covid virus

smclelan

51 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

None yet but were wondering if we can get back in the u.s after our riding?

We crossed yesterday at Derby/Stanstead.   They asked if we traveled outside NorthAmerica recently.   No problem crossing.  

2AAC0EDF-965D-49E0-8DEF-7D459BAA3412.thumb.png.73cdf882d2b15ae6273e747f4f5069c7.png

libraries, museums, cinemas, theatre ....closed

pools, spas, saunas, all ski stations. Bars and gyms ....all closed

anything with a buffet closed, sugar shacks closed. 

Restaurants limited to 50% capacity

Saying stay 1 meter from others...2 meters if any symptoms 

I believe you may see the border close eventually but even then any Americans in Quebec will never be unable to return to the USA,  But to get into Quebec probably won’t happen.

All schools and universities and daycare closed right now for 2 weeks

All non essential travel is discouraged. Residents outside of Canada being urged to return.

39 confirmed cases in all of Quebec

3 in Mauricie 

300 as of today in all of Canada.

Edited by iceman

Drove from Ontario yesterday (Saturday) to RDL Universal Hotel.

Lot less traffic than normal on the 30 South Montreal by-pass.

Everything relatively normal at the Universal. Pool and hot tub was still open.

Left RDL this morning and rode south to Lac Baker, NB. In Edmunston now at the Travel Lodge. Very few people on the trails today, almost no one at the hotel tonight.

No direct impact on sledding yet on our travels today.Plan on spending next 4-5 days riding the Gaspe. 

As long as no critical gas station is closed l’m hoping we will be ok. 

Mother in-law is in Portugal , suspose to be there until April 1. Travel company is trying to figure out if they can get the group back home sooner.

Friend is in the travel business, fleet of tour coaches, motels in Florida and Myrtle beach. Family business celebrating their 60th year in business. Getting decimated in a matter of a few weeks.

Hopefully situation gets better soon.

My granddaughter was scheduled to go to Ireland to visit her boyfriend that was going to school there. Her dad thought no she better not go. Good decision.  My opinion.  Anyway two days before travel from there was restricted his college brought all their students home.  I'm glad they are both home.

I’m keeping a close eye on this one.  All of our schools are closed for the next 5 weeks, which means my wife might be able to get away. I was hoping to get her up to Quebec for a four or five day trip.  Watching the weather, the trail conditions, and the ability to cross the border.

2 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Plan on spending next 4-5 days riding the Gaspe

Please enjoy!  Please send pics!

1 hour ago, scorpionbowl said:

Just a shortage of grooming...

WTF?!  Don't they know who you are?!   How's the WiFi?

Things are changing fast daily all in an effort to keep a lid on the amount of cases Quebec has right now about 40. No one can predict if or when the border might close, but consider this, there is quite a bit of talk about the restrictions being placed on the citizens of Quebec and urging people to limit travel etc etc and one question that is floating around out there in the wake of the latest government announcements is why are they still letting tourists in. It is possible you guys might not get up here if you wait too long. 

4 hours ago, iceman said:

I believe you may see the border close eventually but even then any Americans in Quebec will never be unable to return to the USA,  But to get into Quebec probably won’t happen.

Yep!  As Mrs. Playhard isn't wired right and cares very little about Quebec border passage, she is keeping tabs on her winter-happy-place and has reported tonight's update that Aruba is not allowing entry and is encouraging & facilitating Americans to go home.

Hate to say it, but probably best to cancel the trips.  It sucks, but next winter will be here soon enough.  Ski hills are all closing.  Schools are closed, concerts are cancelled, etc.  Don't be surprised if the FCMQ isn't next.  Tough to argue that sledding is essential travel 

Going sledding is probably the safest activity you can do. On your sled with your helmet on and with very little interaction with anyone. I am booked for Mont Valin mid April, I don’t see how they can close anything related to sledding other than the weather.

This will pass boys and girls.  I'm so sure I'm going to trade for a new sled for next year.  Now that's helping the economy. In my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

There's gonna be a BABY BOOM!

Or a high rate of Homicide.   Hoped for one more trip to Mt Valin, but maybe not. Always hate to leave good snow, but if thy shut down the border we will stay home and go next year. Hope everyone on here makes out ok thru this and have a good summer.

Edited by 800steve

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Going sledding is probably the safest activity you can do. On your sled with your helmet on and with very little interaction with anyone. I am booked for Mont Valin mid April, I don’t see how they can close anything related to sledding other than the weather.

Absolutely correct if you plan to carry all the gas you need with you, cook campfire trailside meals only and stay in a tent.  Short of that it's still traveling.  If you unknowingly are sick you're gonna take it with you and share it at every hotel, restaurant and gas station along the way.  Anyways maybe this will pass by mid-April.  I sure hope so.

56 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Absolutely correct if you plan to carry all the gas you need with you, cook campfire trailside meals only and stay in a tent.  Short of that it's still traveling.  If you unknowingly are sick you're gonna take it with you and share it at every hotel, restaurant and gas station along the way.  Anyways maybe this will pass by mid-April.  I sure hope so.

And you have nailed it in a nut shell and exactly why the governments are restricting things. On the flip side of the coin you could pick it up here. A couple of weeks ago it was a kinda distant worry, look how fast it has changed, both in the US and Canada. Travellers are the way this virus has migrated. By the way, the infrastructure that you guys rely on may well be hit and miss. In Quebec besides all the bars schools ski hills and the list goes on, Restaurants are now mandated to not accept more than 50% of their capacity. As  things get quiet, I imagine hotels, restaurants etc that find their revenue drop    and guests are fewer and far between, they will not stay open at a loss. New announcements are coming from both the Federal and Quebec governments at 1:00pm today.