Anyone seeing sledding issues from Covid virus

smclelan

Get a change Don do one more little ride just so you can let us know how it was. Lol. Have a good summer all. 

1 minute ago, Shore1066 said:

Get a change Don do one more little ride just so you can let us know how it was. Lol. Have a good summer all. 

Tempting for sure, but the warden has me on supervised release.

Not to mention my day to day is risky business even more so now.

Mrs Ice is squarely between vigilance and panic as of today, trying to keep her more on the vigilance side. But my phone rings and rings. 

The big issue here in Quebec is... with the school break being just over 2 weeks ago now. Those who returned from travel with the virus are just showing symptoms now. And they have been out and about amongst others before this real red alert was sounded.

55 minutes ago, iceman said:

The big issue here in Quebec is... with the school break being just over 2 weeks ago now. Those who returned from travel with the virus are just showing symptoms now. And they have been out and about amongst others before this real red alert was sounded.

Buckle up,keep your head down, and good luck.....   

Good time not to travel to U.S. with the Canadian dollar tanking. New sleds will be $25,000. Canadian😲

Edited by NSHM

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

Great time for US sledders to order and pay for new sleds in Canada and have them ready and waiting for next winter!

That is a great idea Steven. If I just did the math correctly, those of us south of the border buying north of the border would save a bundle. But SkiDoo and the others have, from what I heard, really buckled down on their dealers in Canada to not even think of doing this. 

However,  we can buy used sleds in Canada, even if they are brand new '21's.  Long as they had a Canadian  (like a certain friend in NS) purchase them first and turn around ten minutes later and sell them to an American.

50 minutes ago, mikerider said:

However,  we can buy used sleds in Canada, even if they are brand new '21's.  Long as they had a Canadian  (like a certain friend in NS) purchase them first and turn around ten minutes later and sell them to an American.

Nice loophole, interesting...

2021 850 BCXRS is $17,049 CAN in CANADA or $14,849 US in the US.  At today's rate of 1.45,  you could turn $11,758 into $17,049 CAN and save $3092 US on your next sled.  Additional fees, details, discounts, programs, ethics, killing your local dealer relationship and logistics play into it of course, but it gets you thinking a bit 🙂

Edited by markusvt

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

That is a great idea Steven. If I just did the math correctly, those of us south of the border buying north of the border would save a bundle. But SkiDoo and the others have, from what I heard, really buckled down on their dealers in Canada to not even think of doing this. 

it was 152.8 early today, dealer in joilette told me ski-doo told them they cannot sell sleds to US people , period. That sure did not stop me from going strait to the bank to change over a few thousand for next season, it is on sale right now!!

12 minutes ago, markusvt said:

2021 850 BCXRS is $17,049 CAN in CANADA or $14,849 US in the US.  At today's rate of 1.45,  you could turn $11,758 into $17,049 CAN and save $3092 US on your next sled.  Additional fees, details, discounts, programs, ethics, killing your local dealer relationship and logistics play into it of course, but it gets you thinking a bit 🙂

Don’t forget a Canadian test driving fee should apply, I could be interested 😁

15 minutes ago, markusvt said:

The rate was 152 when I exchanged at the bank at 11 am this morning on the way home. All the workers at the bank were very unhappy it was tanking, I was thrilled, been here before, it will come and go, but this is a very good opportunity for US riders!!

37 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Perhaps a sled from a rental fleet. The favorable exchange rate has to make it worth investigating.

Mike you could buy a new one and give them the civic address for the Universal,  that is your winter home. They would never check. Lol

There are a lot of people on QR who are far smarter than me. They will figure it out and I will follow their lead.

Actually, I am holding off any spring order til April, thinking if spring orders are way down, SkiDoo and the others may add more incentives to the pot.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, quebec bob said:

it was 152.8 early today, dealer in joilette told me ski-doo told them they cannot sell sleds to US people , period. That sure did not stop me from going strait to the bank to change over a few thousand for next season, it is on sale right now!!

So basically you got almost $3,000 Canadian for $2000 US. You're a smart dude Bob

Edited by zeusand

5 hours ago, mikerider said:

you need to take into consideration that your friend in New Brunswick will pay 15% sales tax on the new sled plus whatever tax you pay at home when transferring the ownership into your name. It would likely still be a good deal.

The Canadian dollar has been all over the place in the last 24 hrs, as low as 152 vs US and closed yesterday at 136 now at 137, oil has gone up and that is helping Canadian dollar value, what a roller coaster, looks like I was very lucky to be standing in the right spot at the right time...sometimes you are better of being lucky than smart, does not happen often, these are very uncertain times to say the least.

The Covid Virus makes it tough whether to spring check a new sled. This virus could still be very active come next winter,  making it impossible to go north across the border to ride. The flu virus seems to mostly go away with warm weather. Maybe not so much the Covid.  As I understand,  it is spreading fast even in warm climate countries.

22 hours ago, quebec bob said:

You then should have used that to buy toilet paper and you would have been able trade it for a new sled and trailer....or 1 oxygen helmet.