Border Crossing Issues?

fredsleds

Any issues either way with the corona virus?  Wanting to go to LSJ next weekend and would hate to be turned away at the border.

Appreciate any help

Fred

I think Ice is right, it may be more of a question should I go rather than can I get through the border. Here is a QC gov web site that is kept up to date on the virus as things progress.https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/answers-questions-coronavirus-covid19/

Crossing back last week  Derby Vt, US customs asked me when the last time I was  OVERSEAS.  Told him 5 yrs. No line or cars behind me after he gave me back my pass card , so I asked agent if this was a standard question now . He said yes , I asked what if I had said yes? He just said Im supposed to take your temperature. Things seem to  be get worse  every day. Bummer because Id like  another 1000 😁

12 minutes ago, Mid Range said:

Canada is shutting down its borders.

Actually I am watching the live news conference as I write this. Canadian borders are now closed to non Canadian residents, however US citizens are exempt from this closure as the Can government feels the two countries are too closely intertwined.

Canadian citizens are asked to self isolate for 14 days if they have been outside the country including car travel. Sooo, where does that leave you US guys coming into this country?, sledding for 2 weeks non stop? Bring a tent and some munchies.

26 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I will be at the border to get back in the usa in 2 hours be interesting to see what happens. 

getting back not a problem I am sure

they have to let you in if you are a citizen returning

1 minute ago, fredsleds said:

No problem coming back to USA if that's where you're from. We can't get into Canada and Canadians can't get into US.

Exactly

30 minutes ago, iceman said:

getting back not a problem I am sure

they have to let you in if you are a citizen returning

If it is anything like Canada, US border officials may ask if you have a cough, fever , been in contact with any individuals known to have the virus and probably ask you to self isolate for 14 days to protect the population in your country.

30 minutes ago, Cnc said:

If it is anything like Canada, US border officials may ask if you have a cough, fever , been in contact with any individuals known to have the virus and probably ask you to self isolate for 14 days to protect the population in your country.

Agreed 

but you still get in. Cannot be refused entry if you are american going south or canadian returning north