Season Mileage Totals

smclelan

My season ended (reluctantly), on 15 March with 3000 miles. Wanted to get one more week in starting on the 22nd, but as we all know that isn’t going to happen. Many many smiling miles though, for the season!!! Looking forward now to doing a spring order for a new SIDEWINDER LTX GT!! It’s going to be a loooong summer. Almost time to get the boat out! To everyone on QR, enjoy your summer!!!

SNAPPY HANK

Unretiring after the first of the year did not bode well for many trips.  That, coupled with a mild winter back home, = low miles.  1477 miles on one Quebec trip, and about 30 more on a muddy Saturday run on Tug Hill.  I guess I’ll take the glass half full approach.  Winter ended with feelings of wanting more riding, rather than feelings of I’ve had enough...if that makes sense?

I got to ride 25 days this year and managed 5249 miles, got over the border with 2 hours to spare before they closed it down on both sides late last week. One of the rides was 1950 mile solo event during the 35 below cold snap, oxygen helmet and absolute zero jacket were the best investment I have made in years, never cold, first 4.5 days saw no other riders.Finished the season with snowmaster and friend Jeff, wonderful season!!

I rode about 6,600 miles this season.  Conditions out of RDL were excellent this year between mid January and mid March with only a couple short warm ups and no real rain events. 

I am thankful for all the friends that came up and rode with me, we had a great time.

mike

5000 miles in Quebec, 200 in Vermont, hoped to be in Quebec this week to wrap up a great season, but, you all know what we have to do.  Hope all you guys stay on the site for the spring and summer so I have something to do LOL. Be safe and hope to see and talk to you all next season.

Some impressive miles many of you put on this season. Can’t wait until l’m retired so we can spend more time in Quebec.

We did 4 trips from Ontario to Quebec 

4,800 km, 3,000 miles

Mont Laurier 

Cote Nord

Gaspe twice

Spend last week doing the Gaspe and a side trip into New Brunswick with my wife. Great trip with ideal conditions to finish the season.

Numbers l’m not so happy with:

7,200 km total on the truck for the 4 trips

72 hours truck travel time. 

Everyone have a great summer and let hope we get through the present challenges ok.

Steve

Only able to complete two trips from PA to Quebec.  Amazing two great weeks, with the massive snowstorm on Feb. 27th.  Our trail sleds were not liking that powder at all but it was fun.  Everyone stay safe and have a great summer.  Hope to see you all on the trails next year.

3494 km - 2171 miles

qtJK7GU.jpg

Xxu9PpP.jpg

sEkMJzv.jpg

aTE5EgW.jpg

Kyle & Mike

3200 kms on new sled, 2400 in Quebec Abitibi-Témiscamingue region, rest in Ontario- I had a crazy busy winter at work but also  had three trips cancelled last minute all for good reasons including last weeks due to Covid. Trails and hospitality were excellent as always, looking forward to some trips in Mt Valin, Saguenay  and Gaspe next season. 

Not sure myself how many miles. Did three solid weeks with the forth dashed by the pandemic. 3-4 K MILES:hi:

Have a real HAPPY PLACE to go to on the off season. Last day of touring Cote Nord  trip #3 left did 2 hour morning  80 mile trip end run on fresh crisp White asphalt groomed trail.

Weather was blue sky not too cold not too warm. 

Cruising 80-90 mph elevated terrain with sweeping corners.

Priceless memory of the site of real estate go by and the tune of the 850 Rotax singing " This is sledding "

Happy sledding Happy Life to all. Be safe in the off season !

2600 mls.including riding through the storm where we got 18-24".Next yr. back to the Gaspe for end of season ride.Thank God for another safe and eventful season for our group.Maybe by next season there will be another microbrasserie or 2 that I have not tried yet.Be safe my friends.

On 3/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, Fuse6 said:

4,800 km, 3,000 miles

Numbers l’m not so happy with:

7,200 km total on the truck for the 4 trips

72 hours truck travel time. 

Seems like a fair goal to get the trail miles equal to or greater than truck miles!

On 3/25/2020 at 8:46 AM, Jackstraw said:

3200 miles for me on 2 trips to QC. Never got to do the end of March run which is usually my favorite. March riding is the best!

B0862A45-F73A-484D-BA78-9FD28E3AD052.jpeg

487EE07E-5983-49BB-AC60-045C37E7D4F4.jpeg

DD07E994-E81C-4636-8F14-4CE15976A028.jpeg

61272F13-46AB-48A1-85CD-446969305D58.jpeg

Saw this snowmans relative in St Tite a few weeks ago, he must have been part horse.  Had tears in my eyes from laughing.

Edited by 800steve

17 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Seems like a fair goal to get the trail miles equal to or greater than truck miles!

2 year plan is to get the sled and truck miles equal.

5 year plan is twice miles on sled vs truck.

6602 km or 4102 miles. Had our last ride canceled due to the coronavirus. We all have to look toward next year and stay positive that this virus will be conquered and we can all have a great 2020-2021 season. Have a great summer everyone despite the tough times we are all going through right now.

Andy

IMG_1603 (3).JPG

IMG_1609 (1).JPG

IMG_1604 (3).JPG

IMG_1607 (1).JPG

Andyman, I believe this is the first time I have put more miles on in a season then you.  Next year if I can put one an extra 30,000 miles we would be about even. LOL

We will get together when this craziness is over. Stay safe Mon Ami.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:16 PM, GT Rider said:

12 Days ( 2 of them were half days) 2342 miles.

The track side stayed down. No winch or shovel needed .

It was a good year for us.

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3349.JPG

IMG_3374.JPG

IMG_3375.JPG

IMG_3786.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

You are giving JG a run for his money with these pictures, very nice, Bob.