Who is purchasing a new ride for next year?

Blueblood

Yesterday I drove an hour and a half with my sled in my truck to my dealer to get a trade price on a '21 Renegade 900na.

Arrived to find him closed because of C-19.  One of the owners was in the building and peeked out long enough to tell me to e-mail the info for a trade and the deal could be completed by e-mail.  They would not even look over my trade-in.  Not even sure when I could drop off my used sled. My plan B had been if no trade I would at least drop off my sled to them for summerization and storage. Can't even do plan B. I am now thinking to just hold off until fall re trading and see if this pandemic goes away.

mike

Mike, the dealer I use in New Hampshire finished this year with almost no inventory left over and they are a big dealer, best position they have had in years. Now they are open, but have basically no customers. I am willing to bet that this covid 19 situation has put most , if not all plans way on the back burner. Today I would like to reach out to our good friends like play hard, gt rider and Mrs. and all our other members who are living in NYC and surrounding areas to wish them the very best through this nightmare. I cannot imagine living in NYC thru this. This morning on the news they said they were expecting 50% of New Yorker's to contract the disease, Prayers to our friends, Be Well, Bob.

I would hope your dealer would be calling you this weekend or next week.  I kinda can relate because I went to mine and he gave me the MSRP for a new sled and the lowest book price for my old one. Oh yes I am trading in two sleds and buying two new ones. The conversation took 5 minutes and oh yes pay me and bring the sleds to him in the fall. And if you get a chance to sell them for do that too. Heading to a new dealer before the 14th of April. 

I have become good friends with the dealer over the years, we both run a couple of business'. They are quite honest with me about how our shops are doing thru this. We all have a big drop in calls, they are contacting people but commitments for new orders are way down, and they typically move 350-400 sleds a year. They are thrilled to not be carrying many left-overs. We are all in-waiting to see how this all shakes down. I have a 19 backcountry and a 20 extreme. Decided to stay put as both are under 4 year Best.In 1918 Spanish flu lasted 2 years. Hope that is not the case here. If it is....will any places like Manawan, Wemo, Chapis, etc allow us thru...worst case scenario...we will all sit and see how this shakes down. Millions will be taking a big hit, some will not make it financially, very uncertain times for sure.If this is real bad but goes away in August...maybe ski doo will have some great deal...or maybe they will scale production way back , lay people off, and worry about next year. Any way it goes I think trade value just took a huge hit.

I was going to snowcheck but due to Covid I am going to keep my powder dry.  I worked in a fairly recession proof industry at a large public (medical) company and we are seeing sales decline.  Reps cannot get into hospitals to sell; service cannot get in to fix/maintain equipment.  Bonuses will still pay out (fiscal year ends today), but merit increases are on hold.  Hiring freeze in place.  I still may buy off the showroom in the fall, but just didn't want to commit with all the unknowns.

I believe and I may be wrong that Ski doo and other maker have a large number of parts already made ready for assembly. I would think they would want to get these parts sold and not sit on inventory for a year. Some times I would think even huge companies would want to promote selling at cost even rather then sit on product for who knows when. Maybe the Canadian banks will help. Only My Thoughts.

For sure, but 35 percent unemployment right now and Canadian dollar tanked big time, looking like a big recession on the way. We all knew this great economy would not last, but no one saw this coming, stock market is also down 30%, everyone is taking a big hit.

As far as the economy who would of believed a virus could do this.  The Canadian dollar was weak before the virus hit I believe. 

All of this does make me wonder how really bad this virus is. Are we not being told everything.  Am I being paranoid, I hope so. Where I am I think there has been only one confirmed case in the county but rumors have it Fort Drum has cases. I can't amagine what some are going through.  I thing we do have to think about is. As all of us beings snowmobile riders we all think we are still active enough not to get this stuff. Anyway my wife and I were talking about it and were both thinking it seems to effect the elderly the most and it hit me that we are part of the elderly.  Be safe all.

6 hours ago, quebec bob said:

I would like to reach out to our good friends like play hard, gt rider and Mrs. and all our other members who are living in NYC and surrounding areas to wish them the very best

Thanks Bob! 

Didn't want to hijack this thread so started a new one.

Looking forward to getting back on the "old" Yammis ASAP!

Stay!.jpg.f732ad78bcdfdcc4b5ff0b5b6b01b2cd.jpg

Fellow Quebec Riders, 

At this point in the game, we must have a positive attitude (as hard as it may be), this will end sooner than you think. You must continue on, with caution, with life as usual. I did my part this week and ordered a new SIDEWINDER LTX GT. Believe me, the dealer was very happy to here from me! 

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!!
HANK

Over the years trying to keep the family in current sleds has become really tough, trading up has gotten very expensive, especially when accessories won’t fit the new sled, plus daughter in college was going to be hard to justify spending the money anyway. Never felt so unsure of the future, and it’s not only the virus, as I am close to 60 and starting to feel older. So I will be keeping what I have, which is a nice 4 sled stable, just wish I had a cabin somewhere so I could get out more often, trailering every ride is getting old.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:19 PM, 4ws XRS said:

I am close to 60 and starting to feel old

Dreams don't retire, you are just getting to the point where you have earned all the time you want to do the things you enjoy, you are 60 years young, Go get it!!

13 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Call the cops!

Somebody stole your windshield!!

(Looks sexi though)

Ha ! Yes and fortunately I found it for the trip.

Yes doo is getting to be brilliant like HD, offer all the accessories for sale instead of putting anything worth a damn on it.

Quebec.jpg

Edited by Pipeman

4 weeks ago found a blizzard 900 NA with 1,300 miles so purchased this first 4-stroke for me. This will will be the saddlebag sled in Quebec. Adding zerks, changing oils, modifying the clutching as per DooTalk Bar549, and getting  to know this sled. 

As of now planning on continuing with the blizzard 600 etc in NYS, that now has 7,500 miles. 

If all goes as planned, the 900 NA will  only be used in Quebec, and with the typical 1,000 +week long trips,  I'll be 86 years old when the 900 reaches the  goal of 20,000 miles!

On 4/3/2020 at 6:25 PM, DareDog said:

4 weeks ago found a blizzard 900 NA with 1,300 miles so purchased this first 4-stroke for me. This will will be the saddlebag sled in Quebec. Adding zerks, changing oils, modifying the clutching as per DooTalk Bar549, and getting  to know this sled. 

As of now planning on continuing with the blizzard 600 etc in NYS, that now has 7,500 miles. 

If all goes as planned, the 900 NA will  only be used in Quebec, and with the typical 1,000 +week long trips,  I'll be 86 years old when the 900 reaches the  goal of 20,000 miles!

You will love it.  Great motor.  Super quiet and plenty of torque for trail riding.  I own two of them and there is nothing else on the market I've seen yet that compares.  

I spring checked a 900T.    Was happy with what they gave me for trade-in.  All the accessories on my 850 will fit my 900T.  I justified it by realizing I had my 2012 1200 for 18,000 miles.  Can't get that from a 2 stroke.  Or maybe you can but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it to Quebec on a 1000 mile trip! 

I work in the Beer industry and the brewery is running hard right now.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I feel very fortunate to still be working.  I just hope the cure for this isn't worse than the actual disease...

9 hours ago, Sled Dog said:

I spring checked a 900T.    Was happy with what they gave me for trade-in.  All the accessories on my 850 will fit my 900T.  I justified it by realizing I had my 2012 1200 for 18,000 miles.  Can't get that from a 2 stroke.  Or maybe you can but I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it to Quebec on a 1000 mile trip! 

I work in the Beer industry and the brewery is running hard right now.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I feel very fortunate to still be working.  I just hope the cure for this isn't worse than the actual disease...

Glad to see you are in the right industry, helps me out in these times. Agree with you, this is a no right answer fight, bad disease, bad cure. Hope they can quickly come up with a vaccine.

I guess we decided that after all the quotes coming out from politicians that the possibility of next year not being able to do much sled riding we are going to ride our sleds another year.  We still have an other years warranty and our sleds are in good shape.  I hate it for BRP but I couldn't take having a brand new sled and only ride it around the yard.