Wishing everybody well! And WASH YOUR HANDS!

PLAYHARD

7 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Today I would like to reach out to our good friends like play hard, gt rider and Mrs. and all our other members who are living in NYC and surrounding areas to wish them the very best

Merci beaucoup Robert!  Doing fine in NY, next door to the now famous New Rochelle, and respecting precautions!  Being a rock-solid optimist I'm pretty sure that widespread testing will show widespread infection, which will (hopefully) put the death rate well below the flu.  Still gotta be serious about not "sharing" with high-risk folks.  Safe protocol is for everyone to act-as-if you're contagious.

We're also in a recession-proof and now officially designated "essential" business, distributing cellphones & service thru about 650 small neighborhood retailers around the northeast.  Pretty cool gig for almost 40 years, supporting mom & pop shops putting food on their tables.  Done all Carriers over the years, currently exclusive to Boost Mobile prepaid, saving low-income folks lots of dough.

Got 90% of our crew of 40 logged-in & dialed-in working remotely, spreading much kindness & compassion, and a few hardcore crew working the warehouse (safely & cleanly).  We stopped walk-in/pick-ups with locals a while ago, but we're providing free-shipping as long as UPS & FedEx keep rolling.  Naturally having a tough time sourcing bulk N95 masks & hand sanitizers to ship out.

Personally, I've never been much of a hand-washer, but I have suspended licking public doorknobs to build my immune system (at least temporarily)!  And shhhh!...  Don't tell anybody, cuz people will think we be crazy, but the Mrs. & I went for a walk around our block TWICE so far this week! 

Hoping you and yours all fare as well as possible!

"This too shall pass"

6 hours ago, 800steve said:

Boost mobile work in Canada?

Soon! Probably by next winter when Dish adopts us and we start roaming on T-Mobile's network. 

Been riding with a&t in the pocket &  Iridium sat phone in the saddlebag on a no-contract monthly plan by Roadpost.

But really really go sledding to get away from the tech!

8 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Soon! Probably by next winter when Dish adopts us and we start roaming on T-Mobile's network. 

Been riding with a&t in the pocket &  Iridium sat phone in the saddlebag on a no-contract monthly plan by Roadpost.

But really really go sledding to get away from the tech!

Can you hear me now?

Hitting the off-season therapy of perusing old trail pics a little early this year.

Finding this one most meaningful at this time:

le sentier est long mais la vie est courte. ralentissez.

the trail is long but life is short. slow down.

And it's a pretty easy "where am i now?", hopefully not on a peak-season weekend!...

CIMG4303.thumb.JPG.6f6c80024662a63f4bf34261d5c74ad6.JPG

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Hitting the off-season therapy of perusing old trail pics a little early this year.

Finding this one most meaningful at this time:

le sentier est long mais la vie est courte. ralentissez.

the trail is long but life is short. slow down.

And it's a pretty easy "where am i now?", hopefully not on a peak-season weekend!...

CIMG4303.thumb.JPG.6f6c80024662a63f4bf34261d5c74ad6.JPG

Just outside Quebec city on 3...

Brother Iceman!  This just in!  You & all brave field-ops heroes who need to wash your hands twice!  Tell Alain you need a paint touch-up?...

"When you live outside the city limits you usually have a septic system that needs to be pumped out about every five years.  

It's a pretty big business and requires a special "Pumper Truck".

This one gets a lot of return business.  Septic tank cleaned out by a local guy with a sense of humor getting a lot of business these days."

2096202943_SuckerTruck!.jpeg.438089b452489d9be1ca8ed0637c77d3.jpeg

On 4/4/2020 at 7:03 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Brother Iceman!  This just in!  You & all brave field-ops heroes who need to wash your hands twice!  Tell Alain you need a paint touch-up?...

"When you live outside the city limits you usually have a septic system that needs to be pumped out about every five years.  

It's a pretty big business and requires a special "Pumper Truck".

This one gets a lot of return business.  Septic tank cleaned out by a local guy with a sense of humor getting a lot of business these days."

2096202943_SuckerTruck!.jpeg.438089b452489d9be1ca8ed0637c77d3.jpeg

That must be the dump valve