Quebec Restricting Movement

iceman

Police will be in place on roadways to restrict non essential movement into or out of 8 regions as of 4pm Saturday.

•  le Bas-Saint-Laurent       
  • - l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue       
  • - la Côte-Nord       
  • - le Nord-du-Québec        
  • - le Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean       
  • - la Gaspésie et les îles de la Madeleine      
  • - le Nunavik      
  • - les Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie

Rhode Island went door to door quarantine today for NY seconder homers to quarantine them inside their homes for 2 weeks  early today, Trump talking about quarantine for all of NYC, and parts of Connecticut and New Jersey. Getting real serious, like living out a Stephen King movie.Better to be pro-active than too late, this think only works if everyone stays home. One guy buys 68 bottles of hand sanitizer, only works if everyone has a bottle!!

39 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Better to be pro-active than too late, this think only works if everyone stays home. 

Agreed, 

But, who is gonna enforce this when they don’t stay home? 

Lots of thick headed people still just don’t get it. 

Kinda wish it was zombies instead. Walking Dead stuff. Now then we could easily see the problem.

remember a wise Vulcan once said 🖖 

“The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one.”

Emperor Cuomo just said he'll sue the RI Gov for unconstitutionally blocking NY'ers.  And if Trumpster tries to quarantine metro NY it'd be an act of civil war.  Lots of preaching.  Not so much listening.

Like you say "restricting movement".  New Rochelle wasn't (and couldn't have been) a "lock-down".  It's about sitting still, somewhere, for a couple/few weeks if you've likely been infected.

Wash your hands!  And no hugging Grandma yo!

None.jpg.93a54e64024ecf5d732a57d56651e55e.jpg

i just want to go back to Haltaparche and live out my days with Jean-Guy & Gypsie. With all seriousness I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life there. He's only going to be around a few more years and could get me "up to speed" with everything there. My dream would be to make it like the "Joncas"  or "Meekos"  but only more spectacular. All my friends (snowmobiling) and others would come to visit and we would have a grand ole time. 

Edited by snowmaster2112

49 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

i just want to go back to Haltaparche and live out my days with Jean-Guy & Gypsie. With all seriousness I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life there. He's only going to be around a few more years and could get me "up to speed" with everything there. My dream would be to make it like the "Joncas"  or "Meekos"  but only more spectacular. All my friends (snowmobiling) and others would come to visit and we would have a grand ole time. 

Get him to sell it to you. i would be more than willing to help you make it the best stop in Quebec. I got some skills. 

10 lacs,  approx 10 square kilometers, a cabin that sleeps 6 on one of the lacs and the rest of the compound you see. some of the best small-medium sized trout fishing you'll find anywhere

400 G's would take it today (possibly a little less). Taxes and pourvoire fee's    approx. 13 grand a year

Edited by snowmaster2112

10 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Make it that good and all your friends will come up and give you the virus,😧

Gonna suck for you guys down there next year, when border is still closed. Get those Tug Hill maps out. LOL. 

Go get it. 

15 minutes ago, iceman said:

Gonna suck for you guys down there next year, when border is still closed. Get those Tug Hill maps out. LOL. 

Go get it. 

I grew up riding Thug-Hill. Havn't even been there in like 8 years now and will NEVER go back. If i cant ride Quebec i would end my snowmobiling all together. 

33 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Make it that good and all your friends will come up and give you the virus,😧

800Stve, by the time i get that place "whipped into shape" THIS virus will be a distant memory. The world will be in a MUCH more state of chaos of which i'm not exactly sure of what will be next.

46 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

If i cant ride Quebec i would end my snowmobiling all together. 

You got that right. I’ve never looked back and never will. 

Everyone should go to Tug Hill once. Just to further appreciate real trails. 

6 minutes ago, iceman said:

You got that right. I’ve never looked back and never will. 

Everyone should go to Tug Hill once. Just to further appreciate real trails. 

I never knew you had the pleasure of riding Tug Ice ? I used to go up there 25+ yrs ago on weekdays and get some awesome riding in. That was before the population (and registered sleds soared) and every "A" hole from NY, PA, NJ ,Ma. (even Ontario) started to appear. That place has become THE shit hole of North American snowmobiling. I literally "cringe" when i read posts from some guy who took "his family" up there riding. Has to be the MOST dangerous place to ride a sled in North America. Glad I got to learn the area and rip off some serious miles in years past but wouldn't even contemplate going there ever again. (and I live relatively close) . 

56 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

never knew you had the pleasure of riding Tug Ice ?

Ah yes, before I ventured north of the border and never looked back. Tug Hill, Old Forge, lots of weekends near Lake George too. Lake Luzerne and Prospect Mtn. 

Bunny trails. 

5 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

Figure I'll throw this in here.

How does the Upper Peninsula of Michigan compare to Quebec?

Less people speaking French this I am sure of. Beyond that i got nothing. 

Quick search on google since Mrs Ice is asleep and i could not ask her.

UP Michigan just over 3000 miles of trail

Quebec 33,000 km 

Edited by iceman

3 minutes ago, iceman said:

Ah yes, before I ventured north of the border and never looked back. Tug Hill, Old Forge, lots of weekends near Lake George too. Lake Luzerne and Prospect Mtn. 

Bunny trails. 

Old Forge is a beautiful area, I could only imagine the traffic there.

14 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

Figure I'll throw this in here.

How does the Upper Peninsula of Michigan compare to Quebec?

Seems there's a few past Quebecriders that have shifted to the UP .. maybe they'll chime in  . 

1 hour ago, dooright said:

Seems there's a few past Quebecriders that have shifted to the UP .. maybe they'll chime in  . 

I've been coming to Quebec since 1995 and believe me there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong the UP can be good, but that is going to be mid-week riding.  A lot of times in the UP to get from point A to point B you only have 1 trail that will take you there, in Quebec you might have 4, 5 or more options, makes a big difference. In Quebec, even on the weekends, if you want to get out away from the crowds you can, in Michigan you can't.  Haven't rode in Michigan on the weekends in many years and have no plans to. These last few years I've been doing most of my riding in the Lac St. Jean area. It's a 14 hour drive and many liters of fuel and it's worth every bit of it.

5 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

If i cant ride Quebec i would end my snowmobiling all together. 

100% agree! Rode Lake George once, Old Forge for a couple years, Northern Vermont for 3 years and that's when someone told me once you ride in Quebec you'll never want to ride the states again... It's been 20 years. 

12 hours ago, iceman said:

Go get it. 

I hope not, I will be sitting in my chair shakin like a crack addict if I cant get to Quebec,😩😫😫

10 hours ago, zeusand said:

when someone told me once you ride in Quebec you'll never want to ride the states again... It's been 20 years. 

Ditto! Verbatim!

Thanks to the addiction-meister New England Bob's ad in the Berkshire Snow Seekers newspaper.

Showed us the ropes & intros to amazing core of hardcore sledders, before retirement/graduation...

3 hours ago, 800steve said:

I will be sitting in my chair shakin like a crack addict if I cant get to Quebec,😩😫😫

This site, and quadding the Mass state forests (or any motor toys anywhere) are the methadone/binky.