How I became a QuebecRider

smclelan

Lets hear the stories of how you became a QuebecRider. I thought it would make an interesting thread to have members share the story of how they became regulars sledding in Quebec.

The story started for me in the winter of 1998.  A group of buddies invited me to join them for a 5 day ride around the Gaspesie.  This was my first saddlebag trip, and first trip to Quebec.  I hesitated at first and one of my Buddies said it would be the "Trip of a Life Time"!  We made the loop and he was right, it was the most incredible trip I had ever been on.  In true Gaspesie form we were caught in a huge snowstorm and all learned why you head for the motel when it starts snowing hard in the Gaspesie!  It was only about two days into the trip and I realized this is what snowmobiling is supposed to be like, and from then on I was a "Quebec Addict".

Since that trip have been to Quebec not less then 3 times every winter and logged tens of thousands of awesome miles. Not long after that first trip I found a website called Hardcore Sledder where I met many other Quebec enthusiasts.  Andyman and Groomer were some of the first members I met that have become great friends.  Then QuebecRider.com was started..........the rest is history.

20200116_125137_resized_1.thumb.jpg.245e6b132026ce4e2eeb5047eaa9bd82.jpg

My first time was with a buddy that would do 3 or 4 day minimum rides, and huge miles, he and his buddies all had RX1’s and only wanted to let you ride with them if you had newer 4 stroke, i worked in a family business and was not able to do that many days away from work. For years he kept telling me how great the riding was, so finally he had a spot open for a 3 day, we drove to Thetford Mines it was 2004, I had a 03 F7 and the first morning I thought the pull start rope was going to break took me a dozen pulls just to get it loose enough to start, it did finally start, and was amazed at the trail system, signage, and views. Have been riding in Quebec every year since.

hi steven !!!

in 2005 , i was lurking on hcs....when i saw there was lots of people asking questions  about the gaspesie.....season 2006 , i asked my brother to register me on hcs...

then ,if memory still good...late june , member asked me if i could do both ...hcs and qr ...i registred on qr  few days later...no problemo ...i left hcs a few months later...

you re right...you and andy are the first i met .....then ...eddie ....dave and curtis...and later that same season....or the next one...jackstraw ...phil and eric...etc  !!!

jean-guy

DSC00833.JPG

DSC00982.JPG

DSC01095.JPG

DSC01285.JPG

DSC01609.JPG

DSC01725.JPG

DSC01904.JPG

DSC01914.JPG

DSC01927.JPG

DSC03019.JPG

DSC05601.JPG

DSC05683.JPG

DSC06310.JPG

DSC06359.JPG

DSC06554.JPG

DSC06565.JPG

DSC06655.JPG

DSC06672.JPG

DSC06677.JPG

DSC06709.JPG

DSC06805.JPG

DSC06940.JPG

DSC07069.JPG

DSC08159.JPG

DSC08627.JPG

DSC08670.JPG

DSC06682.JPG

DSC08670.JPG

Edited by groomer

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Nice pics JG. Saw me Eric and an old riding buddy Micky!

bonjour jackstraw !!!

thx...bring back great memories ....my only regret back then....i was nt speaking much when meeting people at the clubhouse !!!

but helped tons with the years !!!....snowing this morning !!!....wet snow !!!

i had nt much grey hair back then !!!😁

07-08......great season.....i was grooming on dec 2 .....and last run , after a storm ....april 5 th !!!

jean-guy

DSC00945.JPG

DSC01000.JPG

DSC01307.JPG

DSC01355.JPG

DSC01416.JPG

DSC01920.JPG

DSC01931.JPG

DSC02136.JPG

DSC02159.JPG

DSC02261.JPG

DSC02559.JPG

DSC03087.JPG

DSC05749.JPG

DSC03104.JPG

DSC05450.JPG

DSC06266.JPG

I'm fortunate that i live just across the border. When I was young & high school days, the 70's my father sent me every weekend to Perkins Quebec at Mcgregor Lake.  Doing 50 miles a day back then was tough, lol. Usually would end up at Hotel St Pierre on Saturday nights. Even though I wasn't nearly of legal age quarts were served. This place also always had an ice track out front and usually about mid night the silly racing started. Many good times until about 81 when my sled was stolen and that was it until the mid 90's. Neighbor convinced me to get back into it. Bought a new ZR600 and thought that was king. Had i stayed riding around my house I'm sure it would have. I was hearing about this place called Mout Laurier. Apparently the center of the sledding Universe. We drove up and couldn't believe all the rigs & sleds. This was going to be awesome. Took the Petit trail - rail line down to Tremblant area, you could do it back then, lol. Well i found by 600 was pinned the whole way and I wanted more. Next season came the 1999 Thundercat! Well from then I was only venturing locally around the Mt Pellier area and some times back to Mt Laurier. One weekend when i had no partner I was on the internet and found a guy who would ride with me ( I believe its Gary known as Quebec1).  I would meet him at Mt Laurier and we would head north for the day. Here I was thinking JB Scott and back would be a good run. Well that day we went to Parent and back! While i though that was a huge day he sledded back to his place in St Agathe that night. I think he was close to 500 miles for the day. Well after seeing these big fast trails I was hooked and realizing there was a lot more out there I could and wanted to try and as they say the rest is history.Haven't bought an Ontario pass in years. Still the infamous Cote Nord to tackle but otherwise seen most other areas. New GPS just delivered today and prepping for next season.

But the best resource for any sledder wanting to ride Quebec is this site. The members on this site are truly amazing and were blessed to have this site and all these tremedous people offering help and advice.

Stay safe through this. Winter will be back.

Mike

At the end of February 2006 my new Yamaha Rage only had 110 kms on it. Trying Quebec was always in the cards for “someday”, but with a shut out for snow in Nova Scotia, someday was now! Thankfully, two other friends also had new gear with no miles, so the arm twisting was minimal! We set off from PALC on an early March morning, and by the time I reached the top of the ski hill I knew that I would be screwed for ever sledding around home again! In 2008, five of us did the Matane, Godbout, Chicoutimi, Quebec City loop. Met Saguenay Bill and had bookings with Bernard at the Motel Safari until a blizzard changed our plans. Called Bernard to cancel and he told me “That's fucking sleddin”. I never did get to stay there or meet him. Actually only ever got across the St. Lawrence that one time. So much good trail from St. George to Gaspe that it gets hard to justify trucking further..

In 2008, flogging it for the ferry in Matane, I came around a corner after the St. Fidele cable bridge to meet a New Holland groomer with a heavily bearded operator in it. Being half shy and a little short on time, I missed my chance to meet Jean-Guy and have never been able to catch up with him since. Same goes for Andyman, positive I fueled up beside him in Amqui that very same day. Met Eddieskidoo in a blizzard on the Gaspe in about 2014. We turned around and him and Skidoo420 kept going towards Mt. St. Pierre. If I remember right, they never made it and had to get trucked back. Wild snow, I think that there was 70cm by the end of it. Anyway, I am trying to talk a little more to the folks I meet on the trail in case they are members here. Always nice to put a face to a name.

I haven't bought a local trail pass in a few years, one local mile is harder on gear than 10 up there. That, along with the hospitality and availability of services, makes it hard to turn a track at home. Some year though, I am going to sled up there right from my door, just to say I did it.

One of the cool things is; of the two guys I went with in 2006, I have always gone up with one, if not both of them every year since. Sometimes you just gel with certain guys.

As others have said, this website is the icing on the cake of the best sledding I have ever done!

Thanks to all the contributors for their time!

In 1999 a coworker gave me a 1980 Citation 3500 that he wanted out of his yard. I rebuilt the engine and reupholstered the seat. I took it to my wife's sisters house in the Catskills. Gemma and I had a lot of fun with that old beater.  

I bought a snowgoer magazine and read about St. Donat. Next thing I am at the Yamaha dealer getting a new 600 triple Venture. We drove to St. Donat not knowing where we would stay. I passed Cuillere a Pot and spotted all the trailers. That is where we started our Quebec trips.

The first ride though the park was awesome. It had rained the day before and all the trees were covered in ice. It was a winter wonderland. I wish I had some pictures. 

DCP_0373_zpsbb414416.jpg

DCP_0370_zpsega1rszd.jpg

Edited by GT Rider

6 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

In 1999 a coworker gave me a 1980 Citation 3500 that he wanted out of his yard. I rebuilt the engine and reupholstered the seat. I took it to my wife's sisters house in the Catskills. Gemma and I had a lot of fun with that old beater.  

I bought a snowgoer magazine and read about St. Donat. Next thing I am at the Yamaha dealer getting a new 600 triple Venture. We drove to St. Donat not knowing where we would stay. I passed Cuillere a Pot and spotted all the trailers. That is where we started our Quebec trips.

The first ride though the park was awesome. It had rained the day before and all the trees were covered in ice. It was a winter wonderland. I wish I had some pictures. 

DCP_0373_zpsbb414416.jpg

I started also in St. Donat, 12 years earlier, 1987, riding a Yamaha 540 exciter, the one with the front struts and fairing on the windshield. Kept hearing about the great riding in Canada, so off I went. Solo on an adventure that found me riding in the park to the other side, St Zenon!! Big doings back then, some trail signs and I found much needed gas, then a sign for Cabanon. Turns out it was this little place with 4 rooms, a gas tank, and the new owner doing it all by himself, gas, room and cooking. That was Dennis. I got gas and found my way all the way back to Motel Le Flouron in St. Donat.That was the beginning of me riding Canada only, and subsequent weekend trips had me discovering Baskatong Reservoir, Parent, Repo, etc. As the years and sleds went by, so did all the regions of Quebec, Gaspe& New Brunswick . Many friends joined in over the years, many never traveled to Canada, and most have given up the sport all together. I started riding in 1966 on a 320 Olympic so I have seen a lot of changes. The early days were about gas on your jacket and tools and plugs bouncing around in the trunk.I still carry a few tools and plugs, but never use them.It has been a joy to watch the trail system and network of lodges and groomers evolve over the years. One thing that has never changed is my enthusiasm for the sport and all the friends I have made over the years. 2020 is the 7th decade I have been enjoying this sport and my focus is on getting to 2030!

Wow great memories. I too started riding in the late 60’s on my uncles farm in Rhinebeck NY on an Olympic sled. Our area in eastern New York always seemed to had a lot of riding in the early 70’s. In the 87/88 I had some friends take to tug hill and to Charlie’s  in Saranac lake to trail ride. I thought wow does it get any better . In 88 I decided to buy a new Indy 500 if I was going to be riding trails up north in New York ( I was riding a John Deere liquid fire at the time.)The next year  my wife to be want a new sled ( our first year dating she rode a JD spit fire up at Charlie’s and I’ve still never heard the end of that! )I always had driven past this Polaris dealership in Brewster New York and thought I would stop in a see about snow checking a new Indy lite for the bride to be.The owners Bob and Rita Herman would change my life of sledding forever . After a few minutes talking to them I bought a sled and they invited us  to go with them, their family and a bunch other people to ride in Quebec ( Christmas of 90 i think )We stayed at the “pot” in St Donat . Rode the park all over the whole area. 

In 91 I got married and my job brought me to the family farm here in Ontario. We still went up to the “ pot “ a few more years till the kids came along and snowmobiling was put on hold. In 97 I got back into in a big way and my buddy Richard had been riding a lot of areas in Quebec and opened my eyes wide open. In the early days HCS was a source for the community and also I believe a site TrailConditions . Com too. It didn’t take long before I joined QR. I was always interested in reading other people’s trail reports. Andyman always had the best stories so I reached out to him. I meet him , Timbo , Steve , Florida Snowman and so many other great people I’ve met and rode with ( too many to mention) from this site! I’ve taken a 3 year sabbatical these last three years to ski out west for six weeks at a time but I’m always lurking and plan to be back in the saddle next year. 

In 1995 I was going through some rough personal time and my youngest son said get a snowmobile and go ride with Bob. I  hadn't really rode a snowmobile since the mid 70's.

Some might remember one of these , I had a 340 Polaris TX fully modified from the factory. One of the ones that the pipes were on the out side.  I trail rode it with a 6000 rpm clutch. It was a riot. It now hangs from the ceiling in a bar room  some where so I was told. Before that my dad bought me a Massey Ferguson SKi Whiz.

Back to 1995 I bought a 583 Ski Doo Formula Z. I needed someone to ride with so I went and found Bob Ingerson. We rode every weekend and afternoons when the river froze over. We rode Tug Hill and the goal was 100 miles per day. Always had a large group. Robert seem to know where to go when trails got rough. He has past and he was my greatest riding pardner. He used to call me at 1 am in the morning and say that so and so said the grommer  just went by a certain place on tug hill and do you want to go check it out. Of course I'd say sure and tell him I"d need a little time to get my sled ready. No problem he'd say I already got it loaded. He was in my driveway with the sleds ready. Then one day he said , we are going to Quebec. Over the summer he had met someone from the Hull area who rode and the guy called him and wanted us to come up. Bob had a trailer that would carry 6 sleds and towed it with a 350 4 door ford truck. We were like a semi truck trailer going  down the road. We drove up past Maniwaki  and stayed in a motel off 117 I believe. I think it was or near the Classic. Next day headed west on 63 to Lac Joncas. I remember the wall was covered with pictures of the Montreal Canadians hockey teams. I was told that the teams would come there for R&R. From there we use to go to a little place in Bowman. They had a wooden bridge frozen in the river in front of the place to get to the other side. We spent a couple winters there and then I packed up and moved to NC. I don't know if Robert ever went back or not. 

In 2005 my oldest son calls me and says what about flying up and we can go to Quebec riding for the weekend. I was there in 2 days. We drove to Mont Laurier and rode to Clova. Spent 2 nites there and headed back. On the way back we came down the trail that use to come out at the Le Rabaska Lodge. That was a trip I'll never forget because Christopher blew up his 800 renegade. As it goes I towed him 50 plus miles. Doesn't matter now because we made it home. After getting home in NC I some how looked on Craigslist and there is a 2005 renegade 800 with 1000 miles on it. No problem , send me cash dad and i'll go get it. I also have another son who still lives in NC says to me you bought a snowmobile. On the phone he gets to a friend who sold Ski doo sleds. Dad you aren't going with out me. Since 2007 I have rode with one of or both of my sons ever year. David and I have our 7 to 10 day trips and Christopher and I have our 3 and 4 day trips. The 3 day trips are a couple times a year. We have ridden in all areas of Quebec and really I don't have a preference. 

What I like to see is the people of my age and older still riding.  There is no better place to just think then on a snowmobile. David knows when I am deep in thought because I slow down.

So I guess I got to experience my first ride in Quebec twice. If only my old buddy Bob could have stayed around to when I come back .  He only loved Arctic Cats but he did put my Ski Doo on the front of the trailer with his sled.

After starting in the Catskills, Old Forge & Pittsburgh wife and I went to Idaho/ West Yellowstone on our own and had a blast. Then a Decker tour of the UP and the wife liked the tour thing. Then on a trip to Pittsburgh wife and I and my 2 brothers rode into Quebec and did a loop back through Vermont back to Pittsburgh and I knew I was on to something ! Our first trip to Quebec was in 98 on a Nordic Evasion tour from Montabello to Fer Chavel and back and that was it ! The guide was Lawrence Langevin who was the first ever President of the FCMQ, Great Guy ! We rode with Lawrence a couple years and unfortunately he passed away.  ( Lawrence was on that ride in 1975 that Iceman posted a video of )Then heard about New England Bob and rode with him a few times and then we were off to the races ! This was season 22 for the wife and I in Quebec and it’s still as good as it gets !

Thanks to all the Clubs ,volunteers and all the Great people of Quebec who make it all happen.

And of course a big thanks to everyone on Quebec Rider

Dave & Sharon

16 hours ago, P Hardy said:

At the end of February 2006 my new Yamaha Rage only had 110 kms on it. Trying Quebec was always in the cards for “someday”, but with a shut out for snow in Nova Scotia, someday was now! Thankfully, two other friends also had new gear with no miles, so the arm twisting was minimal! We set off from PALC on an early March morning, and by the time I reached the top of the ski hill I knew that I would be screwed for ever sledding around home again! In 2008, five of us did the Matane, Godbout, Chicoutimi, Quebec City loop. Met Saguenay Bill and had bookings with Bernard at the Motel Safari until a blizzard changed our plans. Called Bernard to cancel and he told me “That's fucking sleddin”. I never did get to stay there or meet him. Actually only ever got across the St. Lawrence that one time. So much good trail from St. George to Gaspe that it gets hard to justify trucking further..

In 2008, flogging it for the ferry in Matane, I came around a corner after the St. Fidele cable bridge to meet a New Holland groomer with a heavily bearded operator in it. Being half shy and a little short on time, I missed my chance to meet Jean-Guy and have never been able to catch up with him since. Same goes for Andyman, positive I fueled up beside him in Amqui that very same day. Met Eddieskidoo in a blizzard on the Gaspe in about 2014. We turned around and him and Skidoo420 kept going towards Mt. St. Pierre. If I remember right, they never made it and had to get trucked back. Wild snow, I think that there was 70cm by the end of it. Anyway, I am trying to talk a little more to the folks I meet on the trail in case they are members here. Always nice to put a face to a name.

I haven't bought a local trail pass in a few years, one local mile is harder on gear than 10 up there. That, along with the hospitality and availability of services, makes it hard to turn a track at home. Some year though, I am going to sled up there right from my door, just to say I did it.

One of the cool things is; of the two guys I went with in 2006, I have always gone up with one, if not both of them every year since. Sometimes you just gel with certain guys.

As others have said, this website is the icing on the cake of the best sledding I have ever done!

Thanks to all the contributors for their time!

good morning p hardy !!!

i missed a few over the years...at the clubhouse or on tq 5 ......

sur-trac days......when the runs were 12-14-16 and up to 20 hrs !!!

grey sky this morning and a bit of rain !!!

jean-guy

DSC03032.JPG

DSC03140.JPG

DSC05171.JPG

DSC05653.JPG

DSC05845.JPG

DSC06526.JPG

DSC06578.JPG

DSC06689.JPG

DSC06793.JPG

DSC09981.JPG

23 hours ago, groomer said:

bonjour jackstraw !!!

thx...bring back great memories ....my only regret back then....i was nt speaking much when meeting people at the clubhouse !!!

but helped tons with the years !!!....snowing this morning !!!....wet snow !!!

i had nt much grey hair back then !!!😁

07-08......great season.....i was grooming on dec 2 .....and last run , after a storm ....april 5 th !!!

jean-guy

DSC00945.JPG

DSC01000.JPG

DSC01307.JPG

DSC01355.JPG

DSC01416.JPG

DSC01920.JPG

DSC01931.JPG

DSC02136.JPG

DSC02159.JPG

DSC02261.JPG

DSC02559.JPG

DSC03087.JPG

DSC05749.JPG

DSC03104.JPG

DSC05450.JPG

DSC06266.JPG

Who is the young guy in those pics?😀

1 hour ago, 800steve said:

Who is the young guy in those pics?😀

bonjour 800 steve !!!

me , when i was young and crazy !!! hahaha

pic of me seating on the '' bull '' ....back in april 07 !!!...next to the garage of the club in albertville !!!

i just looked at tons of sur-trac pics...without swelling my head up ....made miracle with that groomer !!!

i remember ,back in the early 00's....br was down in albertville...so , i spent 3 weeks grooming all tq 5 alone....i was grooming and sleeping 

pics....march 24 th ...2012 ...lost all the snow in 3 days !!!

jean-guy

24 03 12 042.jpg

24 03 12 135.jpg

24 03 12 156.jpg

24 03 12 157.jpg

24 03 12 168.jpg

24 03 12 192.jpg

24 03 12 215.jpg

I was just thinking about our first trip around the Gaspe 2002.

We went without any reservations ( It was the last time I was permitted to do so).

We started out of the Quality Inn . I had a backpack with a shovel, ropes and flashlight for emergencies. When we stopped for gas at Sainte-Anne-des-Monts the backpack was gone. We went on and as the sun went down we were in Rivière-la-Madeleine. I was informed that I needed to find a place to stay. We went to Pourvoirie Au Paradis de Judes et Diane. The proprietor did not speak English but he showed me to the garage to park my sled. The place was bustling. After dinner on the way to the room I saw two guys that later we would meet on the trail.

The next day we headed to Perce. The weather was warm. We came down from the mountains into a valley (I cannot remember exactly) and it was flooded. I was wishing I had a boat. We drove through a massive puddle. Soon after it started to rain. We managed to make it to Perce. We were happy to get out of the rain. We stayed at Table Roland. I remember having a great meal. The restaurant was setup more like a cafeteria back then.

The next morning getting ready to leave I see 4 sleds at the shell station next door. They were all trying to get their machines going. I seems that with all the rain , the gas station had water in the gas. I did not need to get fuel so we head off. It wasn't long before we hit a giant slush zone. I sank like a rock. I carried Gemma to firm snow. My boots filled with water. Then I could hear a couple of machines coming. I tried to point them around the slush. We were all stuck. It was the two guys from the pourvoirie the night before. The three of us managed to move our machines one at a time to firm snow. I thanked them and said goodbye. They insisted we go first just in case.  

We made our way to the clubhouse in Chandler and took a break. The guys came up behind us and we chatted and had a laugh. I told them I caught a few fishes  in my boots. Gemma and I left ahead of them. Going near Port Daniel On a down slope I got stuck bad. Water was running down hill and took out the trail. The Guys were coming I ran uphill to warn them. They helped me out. Then Rene' came down on the Yamaha. He nearly made it. We got him out quick.  Ghislain Came down on a MachZ and he was determined to make it.

Now I was not going to let them out of my sight. Twice bailed out. I had planed to stay in New Richmond. We got there early and I did not want to lose  my new guardians. They wanted to ride on so we followed. Things got very slushy again Near Nouvelle. When we got passed it was getting dark. We made our way to the LArverne Clubhouse. Our guardians were trying to find a hotel. There was a lot of phone calls made by the waitress in the club. It turns out that there's nothing within 100 miles. So the cook calls his father and makes arrangements for us to stay with his dad. We had dinner at the club and followed the cook to his fathers house. I was blown away by the hospitality. I will never forget the kindness. The next morning we had breakfast at the clubhouse. Then we made our way to Groomers TQ5. It was perfect of course. When we got to the north the guys went to RDL and we went to Matane. It was 3 1/2 days Ill not forget.  I received a few pics from Rene' via email. 

Rene'

DSCF0047_zpsci8zz7qc.jpg

Ghislain

DSCF0049_zpsevfrkxnx.jpg

The waitress and cook in the middle

DSCF0053_zpstvhhq7xb.jpg

TQ5

DSCF0057_zps7r3fokjn.jpg

Edited by GT Rider

Hadn’t snowmobiled for years since being teenager around 1980. 2005 bought a Polaris 550 then a 2006 Fusion 600. My boys were getting old enough to ride and we did all our riding around the cottage north of Peterborough Ontario. 

Fall of 2007 starting doing business with a fellow. Wasn’t long before we realized we were both sledders. One day during break at a meeting we were attending he said your a sledder; yep, you have a diesel truck; yep, you have a four place trailer; yep; you want to come to Quebec with us; yep.

So would have been winter of 2008 four of us went to Mont Laurier. Stayed at what was then La Sentatier hotel (now Quality Inn). Arrived about 4:00 pm mid week day. Unloaded and headed north. Don’t recall wether it was Rasbaska lodge or maybe St Ann du Lac we rode up to for supper. Riding these perfectly groomed trails, beautiful scenery. We day tripped from there for 3 or 4 days. Weather was perfect, temperature was cold enough trails set up perfect. Hardly hit a bump over those few days. That was it, l was hooked on Quebec. Each day stopping into a different lodge for lunch. Seems the lodges added so much to the experience and the Quebec  sledding culture. 

Ever since 2008 the same group has been doing our annual trip to Quebec. Going to different regions over the years .

Have had 3 of my sons for trips over the years and now have my wife hooked on Quebec.

We progressed from day tripping in the earlier years to saddle bagging.

One of the enjoyable things has been introducing other people to Quebec. Everyones first trip always has that wow factor . Challenge we are having now is trying to keep our group to a manageable size. For several years always the four us us. This year we had to make a policy maximum of 8 guys.

2 years started a second group with some fellows never rode Quebec before. This winter took them to the Gaspe and had an epic trip in early Feb with 5 beautiful sunny days. 

Every winter spending more time riding Quebec. Self employed using up both holidays and mental health days.

Already planning next winter, can’t wait.

Steve

01BEA003-2D2B-47D6-8D62-1E14C8F46FDC.jpeg

I was always a dirt bike rider. Sandy's not big on Ohio mud and dust. We always canoe camped since the 70s in canada. Then we started cross country skiing in ontario. We rented a sled one day and became hooked. We bought a used sled that year, I  think in 92. A second used sled the next year. I think. 

We rode ontario and began saddle bagging, staging in Huntsville and looping through sunbury, Hearst, Cochrane. On a reciprocity weekend we jumped over into the abitibi region from Kirkland while on a trip.

The next year we trailered to Quebec, staged in Berthierville, rode north. Stayed in a few places including the Cabanon. 

Next year, we staged again in Berthierville, and looped the gaspe. Now we were really hooked. That was 2000. We've looped the gaspe since then ever year but one. 

We've ridden most areas of quebec and enjoy them all. 

Many ohio snowmobilers trailer to michigan. We tried that once. But figured we had to trailer anyway, so we might as well trailer further for better conditions.

We've got a ton of pics and really enjoyed looking through just some of them this morning.

Jeff and Sandy 

20200405_102413.jpg

20200405_102337.jpg

20200405_102253.jpg

20200405_102539.jpg

20200405_102516.jpg

20200405_102838.jpg

20200405_102909.jpg

20200307_160053.jpg

20200405_102703.jpg

20200405_102613.jpg

20200405_095816.jpg

20200405_102118.jpg

20200405_094804.jpg

20200405_102227.jpg

1 hour ago, Northbound said:

I was always a dirt bike rider. Sandy's not big on Ohio mud and dust. We always canoe camped since the 70s in canada. Then we started cross country skiing in ontario. We rented a sled one day and became hooked. We bought a used sled that year, I  think in 92. A second used sled the next year. I think. 

We rode ontario and began saddle bagging, staging in Huntsville and looping through sunbury, Hearst, Cochrane. On a reciprocity weekend we jumped over into the abitibi region from Kirkland while on a trip.

The next year we trailered to Quebec, staged in Berthierville, rode north. Stayed in a few places including the Cabanon. 

Next year, we staged again in Berthierville, and looped the gaspe. Now we were really hooked. That was 2000. We've looped the gaspe since then ever year but one. 

We've ridden most areas of quebec and enjoy them all. 

Many ohio snowmobilers trailer to michigan. We tried that once. But figured we had to trailer anyway, so we might as well trailer further for better conditions.

We've got a ton of pics and really enjoyed looking through just some of them this morning.

Jeff and Sandy 

20200405_102413.jpg

20200405_102337.jpg

20200405_102253.jpg

20200405_102539.jpg

20200405_102516.jpg

20200405_102838.jpg

20200405_102909.jpg

20200307_160053.jpg

20200405_102703.jpg

20200405_102613.jpg

20200405_095816.jpg

20200405_102118.jpg

20200405_094804.jpg

20200405_102227.jpg

bonjour northbound !!!

wooWWW...great memories....

first time we met ,about 3 miles west of main st in ste marguerite....must be in 2010 ...

and your third pic....looks like on the ex tq 5 .....less than 2 miles west of main rd for albertville !!!....not too far from powerline...

thx for sharing !!!

jean-guy