Klim bibs

doo4adoo

Looking for advice on new bibs for next winter. I have an older pair of Keweenaw bibs but don't find them warm enough anymore. I tried the FXR and did'nt like the fit. Looked at the Ride 509 Range but I'm Leary on these as they don't seem to have been around long. I was going to get new Keweenaw but I don't like the new design with the removable suspenders and upper bib section.  They also have the Klimate which are similar in spec i believe and this design appeals more to me. Anyone have the newer bibs and can vouch for the Klimate for warmth & fit? Lastly any better place to buy for off season deals that you know.

Thanks in advance

Mike

I have the warmest pair of bibs that Klim makes. I forgot the model name, they're very warm. The only thing I don't like and I didn't notice when I bought them was they don't have the two zipper pockets in the front. Did they seriously need to stop putting pockets to save a buck when they charge $350. Never thought about it when I bought them. 

19 minutes ago, zeusand said:

I have the warmest pair of bibs that Klim makes. I forgot the model name, they're very warm. The only thing I don't like and I didn't notice when I bought them was they don't have the two zipper pockets in the front. Did they seriously need to stop putting pockets to save a buck when they charge $350. Never thought about it when I bought them. 

I think I have those, they are the Klimate Bib. I like them, they are warm, they fit well, only complaint is the lack of pockets compared to the older KLIM.

* Contact Culater on Dootalk for KLIM Stuff.

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

10 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Looking for advice on new bibs for next winter. I have an older pair of Keweenaw bibs but don't find them warm enough anymore. I tried the FXR and did'nt like the fit. Looked at the Ride 509 Range but I'm Leary on these as they don't seem to have been around long. I was going to get new Keweenaw but I don't like the new design with the removable suspenders and upper bib section.  They also have the Klimate which are similar in spec i believe and this design appeals more to me. Anyone have the newer bibs and can vouch for the Klimate for warmth & fit? Lastly any better place to buy for off season deals that you know.

Thanks in advance

Mike

I have a pair of Keweenaw bibs and at the time I bought them (5 yrs ago) they were advertised as being the warmest bib available from Klim. So I'm going to assume in reading the spec's on the Klimate bib that you may at best get equal warmth but not warmer than Keweenaw.

I have the last rendition of the Keweenaw jacket and bibs before the redesign.  I like them very much.  A couple guys in our group bought the newest design for this past season, they are both happy with it.  

18 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

I have the New Klimate Bibs. I thought they were plenty warm for sure. They have 2 zippered pockets in front also. I cut the boot gators out at bottom of legs. No need them for me.

Great idea, I think I will cut mine out too, other than that great bibs, but I did switch to absolute zero jacket...no comparison.

The Rohan bibs and jacket are the warmest klim ever made but I think they only made them for 1 year. My buddy has them and he don’t where them, says they’re too warm. We were in Val-d’Or this year I think it was -37* first morning and he was still debating wearing them. 

The Rohan were WARM!, My brother and I came back from a ride up at the Delta several years ago, the regional rep for Klim was there , we were wearing Klim and he came up to us and said try this on, we went out side and it was significantly warmer than all  the layers we were wearing when we arrived.

I think they only made it for one year and were only 2 years into our gear at that time.

GutZ

Thanks for this input.

I decided on the Klimate. Found a good deal for non current (19) out of Canada and pulled the trigger last night.

I  already got a new jacket this season and new boots as well so I think I'm good now for next winter.

Mike