Protect Yourselves

iceman

6 hours ago, quebec bob said:

This is exactly why Wemo, Manawan and all the indigenous villages closed, and they were way out in front of this, good for them. We are all learning more about this every day, 25% of people tested positive never had any symptoms, that is only from people tested and basically in the big picture nobody has been tested. Really scary times, you want to be safe, not sorry.I live 8 miles from town on top of a mountain at 2200 ft, I feel safe there on my 100 acres, nobody else around, but I do not want to get even a normal cold and be thinking, do I have it??I do not think anybody really knows where this is going, not possible to be too safe!!

Seemed like they were overreacting at the time didn't it. Guess we should have done the same.

15 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

We'll all be right over! 

What time's cocktails?!

When I moved there 31 years ago, I was the first year round resident, all my friends thought we would only last a year, now there are 5 families around the lake year round.Thankfully everyone is staying put, and my closest neighbor and good friend is stuck in Arizona, they drove with their dog for 6 weeks and thought they would be home by the 15th of April, but driving and lodging arrangements with a dog are quite an issue today, they are in their early 60's. They are well off financially but this is still quite an issue for them. When this is over, you are quite welcome, stop by on your way over the mountain, I owe you dinner and drinks anyway!!

1 hour ago, groomer said:

coming from a small town .....

i always thought strange people were coming from big cities ( hahahaha )

just saw that pic.....s a q ....rimouski  !!!😁

jean-guy

riki.jpg

Probably watching Tiger King on Netflix.

77B656AE-B397-48D6-986A-A61CD8FB062D.jpeg.7b12e0938d87cf3c66c23cf9945231c2.jpeg

21 hours ago, groomer said:

coming from a small town .....

i always thought strange people were coming from big cities ( hahahaha )

just saw that pic.....s a q ....rimouski  !!!😁

jean-guy

riki.jpg

They say the covid -19 virus can not be transmitted to animals. I guess if he dresses up like one he is safe, good plan.👌

19 minutes ago, Cnc said:

They say the covid -19 virus can not be transmitted to animals. I guess if he dresses up like one he is safe, good plan.👌

That's what I read as well,  but now a tiger at the Bronx zoo has tested positive for covid-19, this guy may have to look for a different outfit!

21 minutes ago, Cnc said:

And the news just announced a tiger got the Covid-19  from his infected zoo keeper.  First US transmission of the virus to an animal. Maybe the guy in the tiger suit pick the wrong costume.

53 minutes ago, Cnc said:

bonjour cnc !!!

planet is so kaputt , can expect anything

i also read about that  tiger this morning 

jean-guy

DSC_0374.JPG

Right now 

no ATV or SXS rides all trails closed. On your own land is ok. Fines start at $1000 dollars and with the fees comes to about $1500 for the first offense. It’s considered non essential movement. Same goes for motorcycles. You can use it to go to work if you are in one of the essential listed jobs, go to grocery store, pharmacy or doctors appointments. Otherwise it same deal $1000 plus fees first offense. 

No car rides either, only for the same destinations above. Cannot just go take a ride around. 

Listening to the PM today and i am starting to wonder how much freedom we might have next winter. Seeing how your Premier has locked down the province it might be a very different year until theres a vaccine or cure. As far as the border opening for non essential travel I don’t see this happening soon. Our friends might not be joining us. I hope I'm wrong but we will likely see more than one wave of this virus and only with measures in place will it be managed.  

Stay safe. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Right now 

no ATV or SXS rides all trails closed. On your own land is ok. Fines start at $1000 dollars and with the fees comes to about $1500 for the first offense. It’s considered non essential movement. Same goes for motorcycles. You can use it to go to work if you are in one of the essential listed jobs, go to grocery store, pharmacy or doctors appointments. Otherwise it same deal $1000 plus fees first offense. 

No car rides either, only for the same destinations above. Cannot just go take a ride around. 

Yeah I don’t go anywhere except a trip to the grocery store every couple of weeks. Living in cottage country and on a popular motorcycle road, I started to see quite a few motorcycles coming up to ride the last 2 weeks or so, but I was reluctant to get mine out as one: I didn’t feel much like riding even just to the store and two: I didn’t want to be seen by people in my area as just another rider who wasn’t taking this seriously. Now Quebec has shut down our area to outsiders and have road blocks in place, so definitely not getting the bike out, but they were kind enough to send me my $600+ license plate renewal the other day. Oh well, I have plenty of jobs around home to keep me busy for quite awhile.

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Well, crazy but good I guess. I wonder how they enforce that? You're going to what supermarket? Well you passed 1 that's closer to your house, here's your $1,500 fine?

6 hours ago, zeusand said:

Well, crazy but good I guess. I wonder how they enforce that? You're going to what supermarket? Well you passed 1 that's closer to your house, here's your $1,500 fine?

Exactly, they are not stopping everyone to check, but if they do stop you then you better have the correct destination. The motorcycles are easier targets. 

I feel the pain for the Motorcycle people. The registration is expensive and most people take the bikes off the road for the winter, meaning the plate is not valid. However, you only have one year to not pay the registration. If you pass that date then your bike needs an inspection before you can re-register it. Same goes for cars. The inspection is a pain in the ass. So if you put your bike away on October 15 you have until October 15 the following year to re-register it or it needs inspection. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Exactly, they are not stopping everyone to check, but if they do stop you then you better have the correct destination. The motorcycles are easier targets. 

I feel the pain for the Motorcycle people. The registration is expensive and most people take the bikes off the road for the winter, meaning the plate is not valid. However, you only have one year to not pay the registration. If you pass that date then your bike needs an inspection before you can re-register it. Same goes for cars. The inspection is a pain in the ass. So if you put your bike away on October 15 you have until October 15 the following year to re-register it or it needs inspection. 

Whats up with the 600$ for the plate renewal? Seems real high.

2 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Whats up with the 600$ for the plate renewal? Seems real high.

Goes by how many cc’s here. Bienvenue au Quebec 

look on the bright side they don’t have to buy a trail pass. 

F0361C02-DC9D-4668-B62A-D316019B7B62.thumb.png.a160389e535ead8337c7aab3df6b0ab0.png

This is the insurance.  Just for bodily injury or death. 

You need your own property damage insurance, fire, theft  etc.

Here for those with time who want to read on it.

https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/documents/publications/automobile-insurance-policy-quebec.pdf

Edited by iceman

11 minutes ago, 800steve said:

High risk if it has a chain to the rear wheel? You guys are screwed.

“A motorcycle does not need to have all of the above-listed visual and technical characteristics in order to be in the high-risk motorcycle category.”