Pilot 5.7 Ski's w Snowtrackers vs Pilot TS Ski's

Signfan

Looking for opinions.  Which is the better setup for moderately aggressive trail riders.  What has everyone's experience been.  Please comment on which skid you're running (rev xs vs gen 4) as well as I'm told results are different on each skid.

I really like the new TS ski on the 2020, the 7" carbide works pretty good in all conditions. I like the adjustability. Add a set of Woodys Navigators and no darting at all. 

Edited by 800steve

SnowTrackers.. all day every day...   no darting  at all.    Once you rid a sled that doesn't dart,  you will never go back!   

I stopped darting completely over 20 years ago when I switched to Simmons flexi ski which was recommended to me by New England Bob. Anytime I've ridden one of my buddies sleds I can't deal with the darting. Even more so the sliding especially around the corners. I would like to try the snow trackers as mine do have a lot of ski pressure and it is tougher to steer but I'd rather have that than the alternative.

Have a 17 X and 18 XRS both have TS skis, have shimed skis for many years, I like the idea of adjusting the carbide for conditions, they do push in soft snow, so I updated to the 20 TS ski. But not many miles this season for a few reasons, so I can’t be sure if they are any better.

27B53D1B-F0BA-4EFA-933C-AC90F0E633B7.jpeg

5559C6AF-61C0-492F-A2EA-4618000E2876.jpeg

3 hours ago, zeusand said:

I stopped darting completely over 20 years ago when I switched to Simmons flexi ski which was recommended to me by New England Bob. Anytime I've ridden one of my buddies sleds I can't deal with the darting. Even more so the sliding especially around the corners. I would like to try the snow trackers as mine do have a lot of ski pressure and it is tougher to steer but I'd rather have that than the alternative.

Stan , I also switched to Simmons flexi ski and hands down the best skis for tracking like a Porsche and no darting. Yes a little more effort at a stop, but nothing else is even close going down the trail. That sliding loop also takes all the bump feed back out of the steering column. Not many people run them, but everyone who does will use nothing else. After trying them you will instantly know why they sued ski-doo and won.

I put snow tracker semi aggressive runners on my DS2 skis on a renegade 137 that has a 1.5” ice ripper track., 99% dart free easy steering. My only complaint with them is in soft snow your fuel mileage definitely drops a good 3+ mpg. Usually not a big deal but a bit annoying for sure....

56 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

I put snow tracker semi aggressive runners on my DS2 skis on a renegade 137 that has a 1.5” ice ripper track., 99% dart free easy steering. My only complaint with them is in soft snow your fuel mileage definitely drops a good 3+ mpg. Usually not a big deal but a bit annoying for sure....

I tried the newer gen 2 flex skis, the wide ones, on my 18 backcountry and like you lost a couple mpg. The original flexi ski is much better.

My advise to all sledders if you are having darting problems most likely I believe 95 percentile its due to  Suspension not tuned properly.

Consider all the advancement and technology put into late model stock  skies and skegs.

Just saying I have logged over 80K miles in Quebec since 1990.

Tuned suspension in 14 new DOO s and one Yamaha Viper 2002 over that time resolved any darting issues.

Yes I did replace the steel skies in the mid 90 s with plastic aftermarket set.  All years there after  all stock skegs with 6" carbides instead of the 4" stock.

Correct when the pilot ski stock on my 2004 GSX was first introduced it was similar  to the simmons, though I never purchased simmons have tried  them on other sleds.

My experience with the pilots then had no ski pressure like the simmons. 

Bergstrom Skegs I tried for Sh#ts and giggles. They are fun, but no necessary !

My experience, 2018 new 850 Renegade X with TS skis. First season being new thought TS worked pretty good but some darting in certain conditions. 2nd season maybe a bit more objective not as impressed with them especially after putting on the new 7” carbides. Some darting and hard to steer on the cold mornings when trails were froze hard.

For this season l bought a new 900T Renegade XRS with 5.7 skis. Put Aggressive Snow Trackers on before our first trip. Wow, zero darting and easy steering. Takes bit of playing getting the right ski pressure initially with shock adjustment. Amazing the difference a couple turns on the front skid shock adjustment makes finding the balance between steering effort and not pushing in the corners. Summary really happy with the Snow Trackers.

Before our last trip to the Gaspe in mid March l put a set of Woody Navigators on the 850 with the TS skis. My wife rode that machine and she said they made a huge difference, really reduced the darting and she liked how it handled much better.

6EEAB91E-E2FD-4814-A9E1-8A0817C6ABA8.thumb.png.88bb9315e51cd3cd2758ac6460115332.png

Edited by Fuse6

34 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

My experience, 2018 new 850 Renegade X with TS skis. First season being new thought TS worked pretty good but some darting in certain conditions. 2nd season maybe a bit more objective not as impressed with them especially after putting on the new 7” carbides. Some darting and hard to steer on the cold mornings when trails were froze hard.

For this season l bought a new 900T Renegade XRS with 5.7 skis. Put Aggressive Snow Trackers on before our first trip. Wow, zero darting and easy steering. Takes bit of playing getting the right ski pressure initially with shock adjustment. Amazing the difference a couple turns on the front skid shock adjustment makes finding the balance between steering effort and not pushing in the corners. Summary really happy with the Snow Trackers.

Before our last trip to the Gaspe in mid March l put a set of Woody Navigators on the 850 with the TS skis. My wife rode that machine and she said they made a huge difference, really reduced the darting and she liked how it handled much better.

6EEAB91E-E2FD-4814-A9E1-8A0817C6ABA8.thumb.png.88bb9315e51cd3cd2758ac6460115332.png

Did you ride it with the navigators?  Was it as good as the snow trackers?  Any darting issues?  I put semi aggressive snow trackers on my wife's 14 renegade 900 ace and found them to be great.  I really like the adjustment idea on the TS skis though for those fresh snow days.

I only rode the 850 for about 10 km after putting the navigators on and that was on the 587S in the Gaspe just south of Albertville. Trail was fresh groomed and only one sled had beat me to it so really wasn’t a good test in regards to darting.

I had been riding my 900T all winter and wanted to try the 850 out again. I hopped on it and was having fun beening the thoughbred they are. Slowed down for a bit and noticed my wife wasn’t behind me. Guess being 75 lb lighter the 900 was pushing bad in the corners and she wanted her machine back .

I haven’t heard very many comments on the new designed TS for 2020.