Interesting 1992 map

Northbound

While looking through some old snowmobile stuff I came across this quebec snowmobile map from 1992 that someone might enjoy. Try to find the trails you rode this year. 

And then remember to be thankful and appreciative to all the club members, groomers, FCMQ officials, trail permit buyers, LAND OWNERS and all the businesses including relays, gas stations and hotels. 

Without those  people we wouldn't have the options or great trail network we now enjoy.

20200405_093651.jpg

20200405_094929.jpg

20200405_111827.jpg

20200405_111836.jpg

20200405_111847.jpg

20200405_111909.jpg

20200405_111924.jpg

20200405_111947.jpg

20200405_112103.jpg

20200405_093854.jpg

Tres cool!  Thanks for sharing!

38 minutes ago, Northbound said:

remember to be thankful and appreciative to all the club members, groomers, FCMQ officials, trail permit buyers, LAND OWNERS and all the businesses including relays, gas stations and hotels. 

Always & forever!

44 minutes ago, skidoo420 said:

Curtis found this old map from the days we were leaving from St Zenon 

8C5F6967-6D10-44BB-A2DA-4CA9B85258E1.jpeg

There was a regular at Cabanon back then, his name is Tim Park, he use to draw these maps and put them on the counter for customers, I think I still have a few of his maps.

I wasn't around until mid 90,s and then the trails were groomed but you very seldom seen a groomer.  My question is were the trails groomed or was it a path and leveled by sleds and mother nature. 

25 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I wasn't around until mid 90,s and then the trails were groomed but you very seldom seen a groomer.  My question is were the trails groomed or was it a path and leveled by sleds and mother nature. 

Remember those maps well. I started going up in 1985 and yes they were groomed pretty darn good. First day in Quebec we rode about 2 miles and I had to stop our group and say "Can you guys believe how wide and smooth the trail is". We couldn't believe we rode over 100 miles in 1 day, went from St Gabriel to La Glaciere.

Edited by Snobeeler

15 hours ago, sleddhead1 said:

I remember those hand drawn maps and the single width  trails that had the median in them(they were before the maps). Started staying at LeCabanon the year Dennis and Dianne opened, prior to that we stayed at LaGlaciere when Eddie and the misses had it.

Same here, we must have crossed paths many many times.

3 hours ago, grumpysanta said:

YES I remember TIM PARK and was up there for his maps and sweat shirts ,  boy times have changed and i hear Cabanon might be sold.. I wonder if new owner will have the same dedication as Denis..

This is on there FB page , 

hello to all,

We've been through a slightly brutal end of the season. Now that the dust is falling down a bit, I want to thank you, customers and friends for this beautiful winter season. Hope you're doing well, and seeing each other as soon as possible, when everything goes back to order.

I also want to thank all my work colleagues without whom nothing would be possible, take care of yourself and your family, see you soon.

Greetings,
Isabelle Haineault, owner.

6 hours ago, grumpysanta said:

YES I remember TIM PARK and was up there for his maps and sweat shirts ,  boy times have changed and i hear Cabanon might be sold.. I wonder if new owner will have the same dedication as Denis..

Frank, the waiter in the dining room was the intended buyer, fortunately for him, in hind site, he was a little short and was having a little bit of trouble, coming up with all the down-payment. He was in talk with his brother, then all this hit. Looks like Dennis will most probably be there for another season, which right now does not look very promising. This spring and summer is going to be very tough on lodges, especially those with mortgages. Dennis will weather this better than any new owner could...and nobody even knows if we will ride next season, things are changing daily. Too bad , Frank is a great guy and knows the place well.Hope this passes sooner than later and all our friends on the trail weather this storm, Bob.

51 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Frank, the waiter in the dining room was the intended buyer, fortunately for him, in hind site, he was a little short and was having a little bit of trouble, coming up with all the down-payment. He was in talk with his brother, then all this hit. Looks like Dennis will most probably be there for another season, which right now does not look very promising. This spring and summer is going to be very tough on lodges, especially those with mortgages. Dennis will weather this better than any new owner could...and nobody even knows if we will ride next season, things are changing daily. Too bad , Frank is a great guy and knows the place well.Hope this passes sooner than later and all our friends on the trail weather this storm, Bob.

Oh Bob don't ever say we might not be able to ride next year. Besides I  heard tests show that the best thing to do is ride a snowmobile when the temperature is below freezing.  The virus can't catch you. Really.

13 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Oh Bob don't ever say we might not be able to ride next year. Besides I  heard tests show that the best thing to do is ride a snowmobile when the temperature is below freezing.  The virus can't catch you. Really.

Believe me, last thing I want too, just looking at how much this thing is getting worse as the days go by and beginning to realize tighter measures seem to be a daily event.No motorcycles?, wow, seems like a safe isolated event. I was just thinking maybe I would take a drive in the Berkshire hills on my KLR 650, all by myself and try to leave this behind for a couple of hours, will have no contact with anyone, still legal here, I feel for you guys. I get the in town, close contact stuff, no way anyone should do that.No ATV trails...nothing pointing to any kind of turn around soon, the summer season is almost certainly lost, sure hope a vaccine is found soon so we can all get back to what we do.

Believe me there is so many people that have no cense or just are in denial. Case in the small town across the river is a 90 + year old person was tested at local hospital and came back positive. They think her grand daughter who works as a nurse might of brought from work not knowing of course. It gets worse. The home she lives in, one of her children's,  needed a new bathroom flooring installed. They had a local floor installer come in and do the project and then told him the mother was sick and tested positive. He is now home roofing his own house and not very happy. I take that back maybe they are just stupid, 

Here in Mass we have this essential worker exemption...really crazy...zero enforcement...people are going to convenience stores to scratch lottery tickets!!! MANY people are operating business' like nothing is wrong, you just cannot make this stuff up!!Where is the board of health...supposedly their job is to protect the public...they have disappeared, first time they were desperately needed, a total disgrace and disservice to our community.80 people in line at the local pot shop, 10 hrs a day for 2.5 weeks, with a food cart in the parking lot...literally dying to get weed, it took the governor to shut it down.God Bless us, we are surrounded by a lot of below average thinkers...and I am not this kind of person who talks of other people like this, crazy time for sure.