What are you going to do to pass the time?

800steve

On 4/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, iceman said:

Here in Rivere Pierre they are taking it well.

had to do a double take as for a quick minute I though Jean Guy had moved to Rivere Pierre from Amqui. Maybe a cousin?

Lol.  I needed to watch this. Looks like all had a great time

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Thank you.  Here's a couple from today. Damn snow, lol

1st two are of Island Pond and the last one is Spectacle Pond.

20200509-20200509-DJI_0046-HDR-Pano.jpg

20200509-20200509-DJI_0047-HDR.jpg

20200509-20200509-DJI_0079-HDR-Pano.jpg

Looks like something from a Christmas card.  Very nice pictures.   Thank you for posting 

21 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

With all of the cool motor toys plus bolt-ons that crank 'em up to dyno ludicrous power to weight ratios, ONE horse-power is still way awesome! 

Those are the smallest handlebars I've seen. But a nice furry tank cover.

LOL

GutZ

4 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Those are the smallest handlebars I've seen. But a nice furry tank cover.

LOL

GutZ

It's called a seat warmer.  Benefits from assisted drying when wet.  Drawback is it tends to develop mud and dirt accumulation during refueling.   

Handlebars as minimal due to rider assist and verbal instruction features.  For those who haven't experienced these features,  its awesome for 99% of the time.  Unexpected forward acceleration and rapid lateral acceleration rarely occur when automated feature is engaged.  Guess one cant have everything.  Lol.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:52 PM, PLAYHARD said:

With all of the cool motor toys plus bolt-ons that crank 'em up to dyno ludicrous power to weight ratios, ONE horse-power is still way awesome! 

Thanks.  Its definitely different and a nice change.   Since a majority of local trails permit 1hp vehicles,  it seems to be a good choice

Edited by hparaptor

My dad would have liked that horse. He always looked for a horse that was wide between its ears. He always said a horse with narrow ears doesn't have room for any brains.  That was his opinion.  Lol

On 5/11/2020 at 7:33 PM, Shore1066 said:

My dad would have liked that horse. He always looked for a horse that was wide between its ears. He always said a horse with narrow ears doesn't have room for any brains.  That was his opinion.  Lol

Thanks.  Hard to say about the ears part.  This one is very quiet (warmblood) and predictable compared to my first ride (retired racehorse). Both are smart, and each had their own set of fears or trigger points.  

Found it interesting that once I explained something to the thoroughbred, it seemd to be acceptable.   He could not deal with boats or small watercraft on ponds and lakes.  Luckily,  I had multiple trail options behind the farm to get past this obstacle.   Not sure who trained who in this case.  Just something that continues to make me laugh when I think about the experiences 

9 hours ago, smclelan said:

Still isolating at my cabin on weekends. Last night company stopped in unexpectedly for a visit. He understood the rules and sat well over 6' away. LOL  He was not invited inside.

20200522_185915.thumb.jpg.86d1adfa3b6b8540b8d3e973d15e2430.jpg 

hi smclelan 

reminds me a few years ago at my camp...after unloading the stuff in my truck ....at the table for a cold one and that thing showed up in the yard

ps.....don t forget to close your window driver side 😁

jean-guy

• 3 weeks later...

Winter is over, back to my regular job.

Steaming into enemy territory, under the cover of fog, in the China Sea. Suddenly the fog lifts, dead ahead a Chinese aircraft carrier. 

"Fire in the hole", torpedoes fired.

Picture of the carrier listing before going down.  Only survivor is the captain's parakeet.

Mission accomplished by the  USS leMayor.

We next sail into the beaches of Tahiti for much deserved R & R.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Winter is over, back to my regular job.

Steaming into enemy territory, under the cover of fog, in the China Sea. Suddenly the fog lifts, dead ahead a Chinese aircraft carrier. 

"Fire in the hole", torpedoes fired.

Picture of the carrier listing before going down.  Only survivor is the captain's parakeet.

Mission accomplished by the  USS leMayor.

We next sail into the beaches of Tahiti for much deserved R & R.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

Good Job Crew!!

Never have so many, done so little!!

Congrats!

LOL

GutZ

Part Deux:

As the aircraft carrier sank to its resting ground, I called the white house and spoke to the president, informing him the mission was a success and no one would know who is responsible. He was ecstatic. I informed him we even had the captain's parakeet. At this news, he went into a rage. 'Don't you know parakeets can talk?, he could ruin everything'. 'The bird needs to walk the gang plank and we'll be done with him.

Over the next 24 hours the crew came to love the avian, even naming him "Tweet". At dawn the next morning, Tweet was placed on the gang plank and started slowing walking out to the end, his  end. Before jumping, he turned and saluted the crew with his little wing. There was not a dry eye on the ship.  What happened next was disastrous and required another call to the president.

I listened to him go into a rage for several minutes before I could understand what he was saying. "Who would have know parakeets can fly, this is awful, the birdbrain will spill his guts to the world"

We next sailed into the Indian Ocean, through the Straights of Merlot and into the Chardonnay Islands.  We dropped anchor.  The  Island of Pinot sent out the girls volley ball team bearing cases of vin. This turned out to be a diplomatic faux pas when we opened the boxes and discovered it was Zinfandel.

A few days later I was in the state room flipping through the channels on TV when I gasped. There was Tweet, spilling his guts, sitting in the guest chair, on none other than CNN with Anderson Cooper.

Tweet only managed a couple more years in his short life. He wrote a book that was chosen on Oprah's book of the month club. He traveled the world promoting peace and getting along. He was Time Magazine's Man of the Year.

The president's term was coming to an end. His last order of business was to commission a statue of himself. a statue bigger than any other, to tower above all statues and monuments in Washington.

The statue was cloaked with tarps while being constructed.

Finally, the unveiling was scheduled for dawn on a beautiful morning. Millions came to view the unveiling of the statue. Many more millions watched on TV.  The president declared the biggest crowd ever.

The tarps were pulled off. There it was, a towering pole of gold shooting into the sky. Something was atop the pole, but people had to wait for the sun to fully rise to see a statue atop the pole, a statue of Tweet, standing at the end of a gang plank. 

The inscription on the pole was simple.  "One Can Send Many tweets That Mean Nothing, But One little "Tweet' Can Make a Difference".

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Edited by mikerider