What are you going to do to pass the time?

800steve

On 6/24/2020 at 8:59 AM, iceman said:

I hear ya. This deck project I need to take full responsibility. It’s replacement is directly related to my actions. Though only with the best of intentions, I made a major mistake. The idea was good the results were, let’s say bad.... is putting it mildly.

Started out great, as I used my 4500psi pressure washing rig to clean concrete patio. Beautiful. 

Then it went like this, the conversation in my head was sort of.....

”hey that works great let’s try it on the pool deck.”

“yeah yeah do it” 

4500 psi might be just fine but its all about the nozzle. Mine shredded the deck into carpet of torture. Splinters for all. 

Game over. Play again.

Can't wait to see what the deck will look like in 2 weeks!

On a side note...they make a item called a  “Surface Washer” that is a round disc shaped unit that converts the direct spray from a pressure washer and spins multiple nozzles directly onto the surface. They work great, do a better and faster job, and wont scar the surface. Never saw one til this year and they work great. Next time !

This may help someone. Now lets see the new deck ! 

(Most wont take 4500 lbs so you would need to dial your pressure back some.)

Edited by EastMark

No permit.

I did have to submit drawing to town when we install pool, just so they could see where it was and make sure it was not on septic tank or fields.

My buddy had this sitting in his driveway over 4 years so I put some air in the tires and off to my shop. 1988 boat motor and trailer. 15’ Boston Whaler Sport , 70 HP Johnson and Highlander trailer. Boat used in salt water so trailer got new tires, rims, bearing & races, bearing buddies, new wiring & lights, used SS winch and carpeted runners. Boat had small fire from fireworks and has been siting since 2013 so lots of elbow grease, new mahogany, new battery,new lenses And LED bulbs for lights. We had motor running with ear muffs so it’s off to marina for final checkup and She should be in the water maybe next weekend as the marinas are very busy.

4D07735A-BA5F-41EC-83A8-13CE3DDE3985.jpeg

89A65B87-F681-4529-BDCE-F1114915F7AA.jpeg

5184F3D5-99FC-4303-BB7A-62374E7C6CBC.jpeg

392B365F-4A49-4588-B5D5-9E374EC4B1D7.jpeg

0521830E-C754-4F51-8064-2A55AAD733D1.jpeg

5D7BA61C-DEFA-4975-BF56-6060424775B2.jpeg

3D93C6EB-47CA-4967-A52F-3C3FD5AE5BF4.jpeg

Sweet

that is my kind of project, 

i am not really a boat guy but that is nice.

You know what boat means right?

break out another thousand

B.        O.     A.         T.

all good

after all a boat is just a hole in the water to throw money in.

enjoy

good luck on the test run

Pipemaster,               Looks like you did a great job of bringing an old Whaler back to life.  I used to see these boats everywhere, so popular. Then I guess they got a little pricey. And that 3                                            cylinder Johnson is the ACE motor of outboards,

mike

47 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Action Park

That "was" Vernon Valley NJ!  Back in the day REAL motor toys like mini-indy track & mini-speed-boats, and adrenaline water slides.  It "was" awesome!...  https://weirdnj.com/stories/action-park/

Nah, this Playland in Westchester is a few clicks shy of a 6 Flags, but local so just a short drive (e-bike) for the area.

2 hours ago, MrGutz said:

When I was living on Long Island I'd see an ad for Action Park, then it changed names I believe, looked great, but unruly, LOL! 

I survived many trips to Action Park. Not everyone can say that.