What are you going to do to pass the time?

800steve

Awesome. That journey made for a long day. I trust you enjoyed yourselves. as everyone in the photo is beaming.  

Those are our local trails as we have a camp in Pittsburg.  I refer to the north country or the official name, Great North Woods as God's country.

Regretfully, we stand to lose access to the many trails in Pittsburg, due to the few prohibitions being consistently violated. The locals, the same property owners that graciously afford us the right to access their property are up in arms.  IMO social media has not been good to the community/sport as it relates to Pittsburg. What was the best-kept secret a few years back is no longer. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Bureau met with several landowners in Pittsburg earlier this week to discuss whether they close the trails on their property or keep them open for OHRV use.
This issue is from the minority of riders (the 5%) that choose to ignore posted trail signs and ride where they are not welcomed to do so.
When the Bureau, or local club, posts a 10 MPH sign or SLOW sign there is a reason for it. Slower speeds reduce dust, noise and general concerns from landowners. This summer has seen a dramatic increase in outdoor use and a lot of new people to the OHRV sport. This is good, but those new users need to understand that the trail system in NH is based primarily on the use of private lands for public recereation trail existence. This use is a delicate balance and it ALWAYS is based on the landowner being happy with the users.

This upcoming holiday weekend is a key factor in the future of trails in the Pittsburg area. Slow down, pay attention to signs, and ride responsibly and reasonably. All playgrounds have rules; follow them.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 23.40.37.png

I agree, the sheer number of people out on the trail seems like it would cause unrest with the locals.  The amount of money pouring into the pockets of business owners only goes so far to appease the general population.  The amount of noise, dust and traffic created by the trail system running through cottage country makes for a lot of unhappy people.  Our group kept the speed down in respect of landowners.  As per usual, a few bad apples ruin the lot.  When we stopped in Errol, I heard a local man utter to himself “what happened to Errol”.  Cote’s was packed at the time.  As with most enjoyable things, NIMBY applies here.  I don’t blame them, I enjoy motorsports, however I don’t think I would enjoy listening to that shit all day when I am at camp relaxing on a weekend.

NIMBY: Not In My Back Yard

Wife & I along with the pooch escaped the old folk's home and headed for the Maine mountains for some hiking and kayaking.  Lakes are very low so miles of deserted beaches. Found some old roads and hiking trails to put on some foot miles. Foliage was stunning.

mike

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

Mike I was thinking about you on Wednesday.  I saw the RCMP helicopter taking off from Plattsburgh.   I think they were giving your info to the border patrol.  We better make sure our route is planned out well so we can hop across and blend in on TQ 55 quickly. 👍

39 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

Mike I was thinking about you on Wednesday.  I saw the RCMP helicopter taking off from Plattsburgh.   I think they were giving your info to the border patrol.  We better make sure our route is planned out well so we can hop across and blend in on TQ 55 quickly. 👍

'They are getting more serious.  This guy buzzed me while crossing the lake this week.

IMG_0068.JPG

Spent yesterday leaf peeping. Height Of Land is always a great view of Mooselookmeguntic Lake. Saturday i spent 230 miles trying to catch up to Lisa on a loop up to Moosehead Lake in Greenville. In spite of the virus we have had an awesome summer.

Putting the pontoon boat away next weekend. Starting the sleds and putting the trickle charger on them after work tonite. Fall is here !

6F3C3A60-A796-4E34-8DFB-4ECB98540DFB.jpeg

D4155694-DF3E-4DE6-86B3-0A99D86309A4.jpeg

A Quick Trip to Mt Washington to check out the views and foliage!

Looking North you can almost see over the border to Quebec:

Mt-Wash2.thumb.JPG.fa48a839de4b4f630dc0e3483c1878bf.JPG

Looking South you can almost see NYC! :

mt-wash3.thumb.JPG.e41208065f0a52ea61b0d529bf19f21f.JPG

And the Leaves! the Colors were Great!!!

Later

GutZ

mt-wash1.JPG

Beautiful day for a ride up around Eagles Mere Pennsylvania yesterday, cool crisp air, pretty fall colors. Won’t be long....👍

34E0623D-6183-49A0-8976-F12BA3C8C23E.jpeg

Edited by Pipeman
Better pic

On 9/27/2020 at 3:49 PM, smclelan said:

Morning coffee with a view. 

20200927_082842.thumb.jpg.bc82c7387321f6a6596cfc0e84531677.jpg

Afternoon cocktails with a view. JFK

Not quite the same, but it will have to do

00A186BE-E6CE-4C07-8893-DC1B3B3180FC.jpeg

711BD7E0-BC17-4893-91A9-14FDD6D5E7D8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I love the coastal Boothbay Region ! My sister and I were at Boothbay Harbor the weekend of Labor Day. Stuffed ourselves with lobsters, haddock and wild Maine blueberries. Got caught in a “traffic jam” at Wiscasset ( I think Red’s Eats had something to do with it 😁😁). Looking forward to going back there. Thanks for the pictures.

Gemma

On 10/17/2020 at 2:53 PM, smclelan said:

Still nice biking weather.  The leaves will be done soon. Went for a run this morning before the rain started.  Only the one picture, not quite Jean Guy's standard. 

20201017_122829.thumb.jpg.5fc91f7a0a0e59d788fb57dc8278e700.jpg

great shot monsieur !!!

like mine a bit darker...

jean-guy

Leaves are just about done in Nova Scotia, however we did find some while biking. 

Resized_20201024_142422.thumb.jpeg.6fae8ad8be1875b696f53a39bbda4097.jpeg

This is a picture of an old rail bridge, now used for multi-use recreation. The bridge is 440 feet long and the last 125 feet was made to swing so masted schooners could sail up river to a brick yard. Look on the top of the round abutment you can see the gear cog used to turn the section. Not a great price of the mechanism, noticed after getting home. 

Resized_20201024_142850.thumb.jpeg.6058b0fddd589755f161b3937659ed4b.jpeg