What are you going to do to pass the time?

800steve

Great to hear about stepping out of those bubbles!

Gutz, how far are you from this COMPLETELY legit burger bar?...

The Fiddlehead Inn, Featuring The Rabbit Hole, Restaurant & Tavern

144 Huntington Road, Worthington, MA 01098

(413) 238-0144

Friday 4-8ish Sat. 12-8ish, Sun. 12-7ish

Enjoy Casual Dining In A Friendly Atmosphere

In-House Butchery – Dry Aged Steaks

Seasonal Cocktails – Full Bar With Local Craft Beers

We Support Local Farmers

20 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Great to hear about stepping out of those bubbles!

Gutz, how far are you from this COMPLETELY legit burger bar?...

25 miles, that sure looks like Listons?....and that place is far from legit! LOL!

But I can get the Brother to Travel for Good Food!

Dave at the Keg in Toronto,  "Steak for 2 for 1, and instead potatoes and veggies, can I get another Steak" and Dan says, "I'll take the same..." with a Coke.

LOL

GutZ

On May 25, 2021 at 7:32 PM, MrGutz said:

Steak for 2 for 1

Ahhh yes, been there/done that Atkins induction a few (dozen) times. Meat-sweats, makes ya feel sorry for vegans.

And you're super-close on the Rabbit Hole! It's on the same trail as Liston's (well, there's really just one trail), but they're a short hop (see what I did there?) from each other. 

Edited by PLAYHARD

I was on the way back from the Pitts and went that way to see if I could find it.

Passed it 50 times before and never noticed it.

Unfortunately it was 330 today and not lunch time, so no burgers this trip.

But now I know.

GutZ

On 6/12/2021 at 12:11 AM, PLAYHARD said:

She's purty!

First time I've seen/heard of Beta.

Tres Kool:  https://dirtbikemagazine.com/amp/beta-430rr-s-dual-sport-full-test/

Thank you! I am very pleased with it thus far, it is a 21 390 RRS. I had a Husqvarna 350 but I just did not get along with it, I like this one much better so far.

Edited by Pipeman

This past winter I snowmobiled the Millinocket, Maine area and fell in love with the region for its huge wilderness,  beautiful rivers and lakes, and feeling of remoteness once out of town.  I wanted to scout around for future longer trips to the area in summer and fall . I again landed at Baxter Park Inn. Owner Tim is very thankful for the QuebecRiders who stayed here last winter and sends a hello  to all..

Yesterday I did the new Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument. This area was a bust, not worth the gas.

Today was an early start up the Golden Road and along the West Branch of the Penobscot River.  The Golden Road is Maine's most historic lumber road and traverses towards Moosehead Lake with other side roads going to such places as Ashland. and up near the Allagash. There are historic dams along the way, many small and large wilderness lakes, lots of fisherman doing their fly fishing and lots of white water rafters and kayakers shooting the rapids.

Later in the day I discovered bicycle/hiking paths along the East Branch of the Penobscott.  A wealthy out of stater bought this land, made the paths, built a visitor center and opened it for the public. It is truly a great gift of several miles of beauty.

The old machine that is pictured had something to do with logging and pulling cables across the West Branch.  Maybe Steven can chime in. (Maybe he used to operate it back in the 1940's).

mike

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_0970.JPG

4 hours ago, mikerider said:

The old machine that is pictured had something to do with logging and pulling cables across the West Branch.  Maybe Steven can chime in. (Maybe he used to operate it back in the 1940's).

IMG_0970.JPG

I thought it was another burnt out Arctic Cat......

GutZ

9 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

"At the high banks of Lebanon Valley Speedway, you pay for the whole seat, BUT YOU ONLY USE THE EDGE!"

IMG_20210619_202300.thumb.jpg.5431ee68c7aa7de440db19e06dd159d1.jpg

Love It. I miss Lebanon Valley.

Great but exhausting ride for a 450# bike yesterday! I found a trail about 10 miles long that was all mud ,rocks and roots that was a blast (since I kept it upright). No real pics but I will return on my Beta to do it again. 

60D81A9B-6FF4-4462-979C-CD7375211EF5.jpeg

A1377568-D854-4364-AE19-190DF506692D.jpeg

6CB5477E-CE5E-4164-93EA-FC63891EC60C.jpeg

305A20A7-4777-4042-A043-D3CABEC96E0A.jpeg

I gotta do less in the off-season, looking at all you other boys off on these adventures. 

My adventure yesterday not nearly as much fun. But I love it. 

137k kilos 2009

A little needed attention to my daily driver on the black trail. My lifeline to everywhere. Well instead of walking. 

New wheel bearings, front Sway bar links, new complete struts, new outer tie rod ends. Off for the front end Alignment tomorrow 

I will tell you like anything practice makes perfect only took half the time to do the passenger side after practicing on the driver side for a LONG time. 

Special Thank you to YouTube, and especially the 50 ton press, love that thing. We could not have done without you. 

Rides like a vieux neuf.char 

86ADF41A-F8D9-4751-AA2E-A3BD3E382000.jpeg

53757D11-6728-4929-A37E-D4016CF786F2.jpeg

02C8C343-54AA-4B08-ADEA-5D75118D33BD.jpeg

Edited by iceman

On 6/18/2021 at 3:37 PM, mikerider said:

Rumor up here has it GutZ came across this and said hmmm,  I wonder what would happen if we added nitrous to get it to turn faster.

Yes.... And it did, pulled like a Mother' ,then things went a little sideways. Loose bearing, out of balance gears spinning at twice their normal speed, you know the normal stuff.....

LOL

GutZ