Border Crossing Pool

iceman

Canada may well get this under control with the strict measures they are putting in place, good for them, taking all precautions...but the border opening will only be after the US has it under control, we need a vaccine...period!!

Given the numbers in the US and the numbers in Canada, it is a pretty sure bet we are at an earlier stage of the viruses progress in Canada. It will be fool hardy to open the border to non essential public travel prematurely. My guess is December 20th. 2020, but that is also based on my own optimism sooo, don’t buy your passes just yet. 

1 hour ago, Cnc said:

Given the numbers in the US and the numbers in Canada, it is a pretty sure bet we are at an earlier stage of the viruses progress in Canada. It will be fool hardy to open the border to non essential public travel prematurely. My guess is December 20th. 2020, but that is also based on my own optimism sooo, don’t buy your passes just yet. 

When I got over the border just hours before it was shut down, hundreds and hundreds of Quebec traffic going home from the southern US, were lined up bringing it home with them. This whole thing is a mess.

I’m a really optimistic guy and I predict April 30th. Numbers are beginning to level off. I think the numbers show right now that the surviving numbers are in the high nineties percent. 

Hank

4 hours ago, Signfan said:

A vaccine is a year out.

If not 18 months, those wheels turn slow.
Look at China, Italy, Spain, France the virus spread stops relatively quickly. 

5 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Canada may well get this under control with the strict measures they are putting in place, good for them, taking all precautions...but the border opening will only be after the US has it under control, we need a vaccine...period!!

Reading some reports this morning and not seeing a crossing soon. Singapore locked down early and slowed it down quickly. They opened things up and its spreading like crazy again. Also something new to me, lots of Corona viruses around the world, the common cold is one of them, NO vaccine has ever been found for a corona virus. This is not the same as the flu.

55 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Look at China, 

You seriously don’t believe the news you get coming out of China, do you?

Not gonna get real numbers from them. 

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

When I got over the border just hours before it was shut down, hundreds and hundreds of Quebec traffic going home from the southern US, were lined up bringing it home with them. This whole thing is a mess.

Yes you are right, all the snow birds fleeing for home. IMO nothing was done to force them or anyone else getting off a plane to self quarantine other that handing them a paper and telling them they should. How many of them got home and just went out to the store to get groceries as they would normally after being away from home for quite awhile, probably 75% of them.

Edited by Cnc

Canadian officials have been talking just this morning about when they ease some restrictions there could more than likely be a second and third wave of infection so they have to carefully weigh this against getting the economy moving again too soon. Hind sight is 20/20 but can you imagine if it had been possible for all of Nord America to stop Any foreign travel from entering US, Canada and Mexico the moment we started hearing about the outbreak in China? Would have been a total mess at the time but given where we are now, I’m just saying if only we could have.

21 minutes ago, zeusand said:

Not until the vaccine comes out. According to the prime minister.

https://www.freshdaily.ca/news/2020/04/social-distancing-canada-will-last-until-vaccine-ready/

That’s 12-18 months i thought they said and that is IF a Vaccine is even possible.

might be a real long off season. 

An interesting fact regarding this is that many countries in Europe are running death rates ten times higher than the United States proving private care is always better. Another thing related is smoking in Europe is also higher than here which no doubt having an effect on being able to fight off this virus that attacks the lungs.

Border open in time for winter 20/21.  November 1, 2020.

Vaccine? As Chris Rock once said, the money is not in the cure, the money is in the medicine.  He was talking about cancer, and referencing the money lesson learned by vaccinating against Polio.  Makes you wonder...

6 hours ago, iceman said:

You seriously don’t believe the news you get coming out of China, do you?

Not gonna get real numbers from them. 

I did not say just China, you took my remark out of context. I don’t believe ANY news...