Border Crossing Pool

iceman

32 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

It looks like Canada is doing a fantastic job and I hope the case trend continues to go down quickly for them and every other country. Just to put it in perspective though keep in mind California has more people living there than all of Canada does.

Yes we are blessed with a lower population, and I guess if one were to do an infection or death per million, those figures might show a different view of how we are doing. The real thing I wished to point out was given the numbers on the US side versus here in Canada, it would be fool hardy to open the flood gates so to speak until levels die down. 

4 hours ago, Cnc said:

open up too early? 

541CEB55-1025-425B-B2B5-F28E2C166AF8.png

I hate to say it, but add 1,000 to the American's that have perished to date.

The phased re-opening plan decisions are localized in the US, not just state-by-state but county-by-county, where the testing & tracing & tracking "should" happen. 

So applying that sort of science, won't different places along the border have different readiness, at different times, along with different re-closures based on flare-ups?

Edited by PLAYHARD

11 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

I hate to say it, but add 1,000 to the American's that have perished to date.

The phased re-opening plan decisions are localized in the US, not just state-by-state but county-by-county, where the testing & tracing & tracking "should" happen. 

So applying that sort of science, won't different places along the border have different readiness, at different times, along with different re-closures based on flare-ups?

How would you monitor who comes from where and where they truly go once getting in to the country? Unless you mean opening limited to border town folk crossing to border towns in the other country. Here in Quebec we have several regions shut do to travel unless you live in the region full time due to low infection or no infection in some municipalities and limited medical infrastructure should a outbreak occur. Montreal has the highest count of infection in Quebec and folks from there can not come here to the Tremblant area, there are road blocks and check points to get through but we still get  people sneaking through and there are high fines for those who get caught. It seems the honour system just doesn’t work for some. Until Quebec and I imagine all of Canada feels comfortable relaxing those limitations on it’s citizens, I don’t think limited border openings are on the table. Luckily at least for our sport we have some time on our side.

On 4/15/2020 at 9:48 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Take those interest free loans and pour it into stock in Pampers & Similac!  Baby Boom's a comin'!

833924160_ForWhat!.jpg.6c56c6763c097fde8d05b41beae6d3a7.jpg

Denzel!.jpeg.29e0dca6a57b6a8258fa8ed58f76e9da.jpeg

Swiss!_edit.thumb.jpg.1a58f002e2e9760a65bd4c416efeedd0.jpg

Oh the irony here.....yes Biden is not as sharp as he used to be, but he is way smarter than Trump.  Trump is really not a smart man (he's not stupid, just not as smart as he thinks he is), psychology proves this with hundred of examples, literally hundreds.  But here are just a few:

his constant use of the phrase "many people don't know this...." - because you're so smart - just state what you wanted to state, you don't have to say that people don't know what you are about to say

low emotional IQ by attacking the press - just freaking answer the question and stop saying "it's a nasty question" and "you'll never make it"

I literally could keep going for an hour, but I'm not here to list out all the traits that show Trump is not as smart as he thinks, just thought the irony with the funny Biden memes was worth mentioning.  And, yes, I get that they are funny, I laughed.  But way more Trump content to laugh at.

Image may contain: ocean, sky and water, possible text that says 'IF DONALD TRUMP HAD CAPTAINED THE TITANIC There is no Iceberg. We won't hit an iceberg. knew it was an iceberg before anyone else knew. No one knows icebergs better than I do. The penguins brought the iceberg here. No one could have predicted the iceberg. We cannot allow an iceberg to stop our ship. The crew is spreading fake news about icebergs. Some of you have to drown. I am the best captain, ask anyone.'

Longer version:

Captain Trump of the RMS Titanic:

There isn't any iceberg.
There was an iceberg but it's in a totally different ocean.
The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.
There is an iceberg but we didn't hit the iceberg.
We hit the iceberg, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.
The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.
We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats. Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.
We don't have any lifeboats, we're not lifeboat distributors.
Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats.
I really don't think we need that many lifeboats.
We have lifeboats and they're supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers' lifeboats.
The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship.
Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.

I like being deplorable. 

All aboard! 

No stopping this train. Get used to it. 

Anyway 

as far as the press they ask stupid questions that deserve exactly the response they get. 

Funny how there has been no mention of the sexual assault allegations against Biden by the fake news. Probably because it’s true. Cannot report that. 

Yet allegations come out on the eve of the start of confirmation hearings for a Trump nominee and what a circus for nothing,  Like with Russia and Impeachment what a waste of time and money for a pissing match. 

Haters gonna Hate

6 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

Ok but what will those numbers look like if nothing was done?

What will it be like in two weeks?

sorry could not help it. 

Like I said before Trump can do nothing right in the eyes of the snowflakes and democrats. They are still very but hurt by the loss Hillary took. 

He could announce that we have the cure tomorrow and then get questioned why he didn’t have it last week. Just cannot get any credit for anything that he does. 

Sleepy Joe don’t stand a chance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just listening and the Premier of New Brunswick is basically saying for now-summer unless the area you are coming from is good you won't be allowed in . Obviously winter is a ways off and this is not Quebec but a sign of possible times a head.

I heard and not sure if it always works but that someone took off their front licence plate and passed through the Quebec check point. They have no front plates while most other provinces do and just assume you're one of their own.

8 hours ago, poltodoo said:

Saw a Quebec plate in Boston yesterday 

Must be possible to slip through thats "hope" for winter

At the grocery store in Clayton NY near the T I Bridge last weekend I seen a Ontario plate. We do have a lot of duel citizens in the area. It did make me wonder.