Border Crossing Pool

iceman

2 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

Red sled is nothing more than a shit stirring ontaritard.  Look at his history and decide for yourself.  

Well put. A stellar history of 2 posts before this one, Surely a wealth of knowledge. 

Maybe he is Justin Trudeau. 

53 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

It’s a long time until January. For the good of the sport let’s hope the border is open and we ALL get to enjoy another winter in Quebec

Now that's a more enjoyable post.

16 hours ago, redsled22 said:

the border wont open to tourists till there is a vaccine .dont plan on riding here next winter .this season will be canadians only

And maybe if we don’t get this virus under control, Quebec won’t be open to Ontario folks either for sledding. As you must know, Quebec has just recently opened up it’s Ontario/ Quebec borders and lifted the regional road blocks Dispute having bigger infection numbers than your Provence. If things ballon out of control they will most likely shut them down again. I certainly hope for the sake of all of us on here we do get things under control in both the US and Canada to the point we are all free to enjoy our sport in Quebec next winter, but if we don’t and we get a second wave worse than the first, well don’t count on Quebec trails being open for anyone.

1 hour ago, Cnc said:

well don’t count on Quebec trails being open for anyone.

This is very true, IF we truly see a second wave come fall. The season would be .cancelled, no doubt. 

It is scary when you think about it. Many of the places we stop for gas, food, and lodgings are supported to a large part by out of province tourists. Think about the Outfitters we depend on in the winter, they are missing spring bear hunts, fishing, possibly fall hunts etc. I am nervous many of these businesses that depend on our American and out of province clients to support them the other three months they will suffer financially.  It is going to take years to recover from this.

The payroll company we use for checks, and taxes, is going totally paperless, all electronic during this shut down, when it is over a few of their employees will not be going back to work. Many more working restaurants, hotels and other service industry jobs will also not have a job.AT Max BMW, one of the largest BMW Motorcycle dealers  in America, one of the salesmen told me that their sales are down 70%. Even if the border opens, so many have been crushed by this that there will be a lot less people making the trip North. I was very worried about the impact out on the trail in March, now I think the fall out is worse than any us of thought 3 months ago. I am hoping this turns around soon, if it goes on into the fall....we are going to loose places along the trail, making it difficult to get food ,fuel and gas, not to mention the effect on grooming, we are facing a real shit storm here!!

4 hours ago, quebec bob said:

The payroll company we use for checks, and taxes, is going totally paperless, all electronic during this shut down, when it is over a few of their employees will not be going back to work. Many more working restaurants, hotels and other service industry jobs will also not have a job.AT Max BMW, one of the largest BMW Motorcycle dealers  in America, one of the salesmen told me that their sales are down 70%. Even if the border opens, so many have been crushed by this that there will be a lot less people making the trip North. I was very worried about the impact out on the trail in March, now I think the fall out is worse than any us of thought 3 months ago. I am hoping this turns around soon, if it goes on into the fall....we are going to loose places along the trail, making it difficult to get food ,fuel and gas, not to mention the effect on grooming, we are facing a real shit storm here!!

If we get to go you may have to pack a lunch and carry a big gas can.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:39 PM, 800steve said:

If we get to go you may have to pack a lunch and carry a big gas can.

I am OK with grilling hot dogs on the trail  carrying a little extra gas,and eating hot chili out of a thermos if that is what it is going to take, just do not want to break trail every day!!

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

I am OK with grilling hot dogs on the trail  carrying a little extra gas,and eating hot chili out of a thermos if that is what it is going to take, just do not want to break trail every day!!

Or sleep in a tent...

15 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Get in touch with the Team Maine guys, they have the setup.  Sleds to haul gas, tents, and folding wood stove. Like staying at the Ritz.

Self Sufficient. 

Well organized. 

Now that is true social distancing. 

5 minutes ago, iceman said:

Self Sufficient. 

Well organized. 

Now that is true social distancing. 

Other than being inside at stops, sledding is something we can safely enjoy, but at stops, that steam coming from our breath is what is dangerous.

40 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Other than being inside at stops, sledding is something we can safely enjoy, but at stops, that steam coming from our breath is what is dangerous.

In the good old days it used to just be the steam coming out of our bibs that was dangerous🤢.

On May 18, 2020 at 12:13 PM, quebec bob said:

inside at stops,

Max 2 homies at a time in warming huts and both gotta face the walls. 

3 hours ago, GT Rider said:

three wheel adventure

End of July = Prime tricycle season!

• 3 weeks later...