Border Crossing Pool

iceman

3 hours ago, markusvt said:

I’m trying not to pay to much attention to the border shut downs at the moment.

For me, by the time November rolls around is when I’ll be clued to the border developments.Honestly don’t know how it’s going to work out... very unsettling!!!!!

I am getting a little concerned with all the recent new cases here in the states, If this blows back up because of the protesters and early openings we will be set back another 90 days, not good, I am really hoping for Jan 1st, but I know the only one you can count on do the right thing is yourself and your immediate friends/ family.I am sure my late September Alaska trip will be a no, not too happy about that, but no sledding will be much worse. Way back in the beginning we were preaching, JUST STAY HOME. Pretty simple, and it works. Guess it wasn't communicated in enough languages, not that hard to understand, so we all pay the price . We all have been surrounded by too many people who were not thinking well, or just do not care about those around them. should have been some consequences for not doing the right thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you are right, it will be a month to month extensions.  There is talk of the Atlantic provinces opening borders with Quebec the end of July, however I would not wager much money on that date. My guess would be September. 

I am not very happy about the current mess we are in. The government basically paid people to stay home, gave them an extra 600 a month on top of regular unemployment and gave business' loans they did not have to pay back as long as the used it to continue paying their help, and here we are 4 months later, in way worse of a spot than we were in to begin with. I see this getting much worse in the next month. All along I thought we would either be saying ...you guys were lucky, or , look what you have done to us. Well, we have our answer, and all of us who were doing the right thing are now in the same boat with those who could not do a simple social distance and wear a mask. We need a vaccine or a test that is instant, or all bets are off on riding this season. I really cannot blame Canada if they keep the border closed, as much as I love sledding, and I really love Quebec, this is a personal responsibility for everyone to be conscious of the well being of those around us, and that is going to have to be number 1 for any thing to happen.Predictions are for this to come back hard in the fall, just in time to postpone everything.You just cannot tell some people anything!!!

Yeah and when it does open maybe they will impose the 14 day quarantine. So you can come in .....but not go anywhere for 14 days. So a week sled trip you need three weeks. Then depending which state you go back to.....another 14 days quarantine on the back side.

Math not my strong suit but I believe that makes 5 weeks for a one week ride. 

If there is any riding. To be had. 

2 minutes ago, iceman said:

Yeah and when it does open maybe they will impose the 14 day quarantine. So you can come in .....but not go anywhere for 14 days. So a week sled trip you need three weeks. Then depending which state you go back to.....another 14 days quarantine on the back side.

Math not my strong suit but I believe that makes 5 weeks for a one week ride. 

If there is any riding. To be had. 

So if we get over the border and into Quarantine, we'll all be asking what will the trailz be like in 2 weeks!

NNOOOOO!!

LOL

This Sucks!

GutZ

7 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

we'll all be asking what will the trailz be like in 2 weeks!

Two weeks to look out the window at the Delta. Locked in your room. With your meals delivered. Cause you cannot be in contact with anyone else. 

Edited by iceman

Quebec had 50 k cases, we had 45k yesterday and predictions are 100k a day by next week, simply out of control, anybody's guess where this is going. Borders opening are a long way away, and many business' will be hurt, I can only imagine what riding will be like in 2022, hopefully Quebec has it until control and our good riding buddies North of the border will keep all the places on the trail in business for us, it is really going to hurt seeing the posts and pictures if we are shut out this year, I am still hoping, but the reality is fading daily.

I am nervous too about what will be left when this is all over. Many of the Outfitters depend on and were built based on American customers coming for spring bear hunts, fishing, and fall hunting. There will be a lot of this revenue lost from Covid. Not to mention the smaller businesses of many different types that are not going to see the usual traffic through the non-snowmobile seasons.  I believe the borders will be open by fall for Canadians to travel across the country, hopefully it will be open to the US by January.  I suspect the Trail Permits sold to US sledders is a big part of the FCMQ budget, that can not afford to be lost.

On June 30, 2020 at 7:06 PM, quebec bob said:

gave them an extra 600 a month on top of regular unemployment

I hate to point out why it's so hard for so many employers to get their staff off the couch and return to work so their paycheck protection program loans could convert to forgiven grants, the extra 6-hundy is weekly:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/americans-could-lose-extra-600-in-unemployment-benefits-before-july-31

We will know for trails if they start selling passes. Cause if they sell passes then do not open trails then you will see some riots  break out up here, they could sell passes but the FCMQ does not control when border opens. 

You are right, I knew it was 600 weekly, when this ends they will be looking to go back to work, and will not be happy about their old pay, but they have to realize that while they were realizing this free gain, the business owner was shut down, suck it up and go back to work, if they don't like it, then they can start a business, all us self employed people know exactly how that will work for them, it would be very funny to watch how they would respond to being responsible for everything 24/7!!

Cut them off and cut off welfare too. Go work or eat from a garbage can and live in a cardboard box. Problem solved. 

Too many handouts is why we are where we are at with all these entitled snowflakes demanding all their nonsense.

want change? Start there.

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

You are right, I knew it was 600 weekly, when this ends they will be looking to go back to work, and will not be happy about their old pay, but they have to realize that while they were realizing this free gain, the business owner was shut down, suck it up and go back to work, if they don't like it, then they can start a business, all us self employed people know exactly how that will work for them, it would be very funny to watch how they would respond to being responsible for everything 24/7!!

Spoke to a person the other day who owns a tee shirt printing company.  Was told her and her husband are on unemployment.  They draw the max plus the 6 hundred.  Never paid a cent into New York on any of their wages.  Kinda bragged about it too. Plus a lot of these people are on unemployment, getting 6 hundred  and working under the table.  For cash. This shit is going to end badly.  

6 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Spoke to a person the other day who owns a tee shirt printing company.  Was told her and her husband are on unemployment.  They draw the max plus the 6 hundred.  Never paid a cent into New York on any of their wages.  Kinda bragged about it too. Plus a lot of these people are on unemployment, getting 6 hundred  and working under the table.  For cash. This shit is going to end badly.  

It has already ended badly, they were paid to stay home and could not do it, now we are the laughing stock of the world, and we cannot go anywhere because of these idiots!!

Well this sucks for the american sledder.  I still can't get over the lack of respect for this virus south of the border though.  Saw pics of friends that are stateside that just had a huge party last week.  No regards for physical distancing whatsoever.  My april 2021 opening date I still think is a good guess.  May get pushed out further the way we are headed though.  Very sad situation.  I can tell you there is absolutely no political support for a border re-opening anytime soon from Canadian politicians or the public in general.  

On 7/2/2020 at 6:13 PM, quebec bob said:

It has already ended badly, they were paid to stay home and could not do it, now we are the laughing stock of the world, and we cannot go anywhere because of these idiots!!

And there are millions of "innocent" sheep, on hand-outs or not, that have been brainwashed to "Stay Home = Save Lives" so the physical & mental & emotional atrophy is doing severe damage to society. 

Us common sense majority will wash our hands & keep 6' away from others & keep a mask in our back pockets for where/when that's not possible.  Keep the faith Brothers & Sisters!