Border Crossing Pool

iceman

On 7/2/2020 at 8:32 AM, iceman said:

Too many handouts is why we are where we are at with all these entitled snowflakes demanding all their nonsense.

Buying votes.  

The price is sky-high.

And those swampers have no clue that the snowflakes will be unmanageable.

This hype isn't just about abolishing ICE & Police & Bail & Jail:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omar-dismantle-americas-economy-political-system-oppression

4 hours ago, redsled22 said:

the border will not open till a vaccine is found. do not plan on riding in canada this winter sorry

Wow you're a real Debbie Downer!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!! 

Border is opening soon!!!

LOL

Unfortunately your probably right.....

GutZ

On 7/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, MrGutz said:

Abolishing ICE,  What did he do now.....

LOL

GutZ

It’s friggin 95f here in QC ICE will be abolished in short order if he doesn’t seek cooler shelter.😁

5 hours ago, redsled22 said:

the border will not open till a vaccine is found. do not plan on riding in canada this winter sorry

If we get a second wave, you from On won’t be riding here in QC either, sorry.😂😂😂😂

22 hours ago, redsled22 said:

do not plan on riding in canada this winter sorry

This opens up a whole new opportunity.

What will the trails be like in 2 years?

17 hours ago, Cnc said:

If we get a second wave, you from On won’t be riding here in QC either, sorry.😂😂😂😂

Will be interesting to see what policies ofsc and the fcmq put in place for permit sales for folks that come from out of province.  I planned to buy quebec passes this year, but comments like yours do make you question whether it's a good idea.  Would be an ever tougher thing to contemplate buying if you were stateside.  What does riding look like if you can't stop and sit down at a restaurant which is currently the state of things in most provinces with outdoor seating available only?

17 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Will be interesting to see what policies ofsc and the fcmq put in place for permit sales for folks that come from out of province.  I planned to buy quebec passes this year, but comments like yours do make you question whether it's a good idea.  Would be an ever tougher thing to contemplate buying if you were stateside.  What does riding look like if you can't stop and sit down at a restaurant which is currently the state of things in most provinces with outdoor seating available only?

Actually my comment was a smart ass comment back to this red sled dude who has come on here and posted 4 times all negative comments. But yes it is actually true, if the US does not get their act together their will be little incentive for Canada to want to open the border to non commercial trade. As you probably know QC did close it’s border to Ontario in the beginning of this as well as shut down travel between certain regions in Quebec. 
If a second wave starts happening I am of the opinion they will do it again. In Quebec restaurants and bars have just opened up But at 50% capacity for indoor seating. My son in law is a waiter at a very popular restaurant in Montreal, after 1 week one of his co- workers was at a bar that the manager there tested positive, so that bar got shut down and the co- worker is quarantined awaiting testing. If that test goes the wrong way the restaurant will be in some kind of damage control at the least. So you are right,  you can see how fragile the infrastructure that snowmobiles rely on May be. Will the trails open?, probably, will they be open to tourists, possibly not unless things change. I do know one thing as it stands now I will be less likely to want to stop to eat in a restaurant and bringing lunch to eat trail side gets old fast. 

1 hour ago, Cnc said:

Actually my comment was a smart ass comment back to this red sled dude who has come on here and posted 4 times all negative comments. But yes it is actually true, if the US does not get their act together their will be little incentive for Canada to want to open the border to non commercial trade. As you probably know QC did close it’s border to Ontario in the beginning of this as well as shut down travel between certain regions in Quebec. 
If a second wave starts happening I am of the opinion they will do it again. In Quebec restaurants and bars have just opened up But at 50% capacity for indoor seating. My son in law is a waiter at a very popular restaurant in Montreal, after 1 week one of his co- workers was at a bar that the manager there tested positive, so that bar got shut down and the co- worker is quarantined awaiting testing. If that test goes the wrong way the restaurant will be in some kind of damage control at the least. So you are right,  you can see how fragile the infrastructure that snowmobiles rely on May be. Will the trails open?, probably, will they be open to tourists, possibly not unless things change. I do know one thing as it stands now I will be less likely to want to stop to eat in a restaurant and bringing lunch to eat trail side gets old fast. 

Yeah we actually did a trailside bbq last winter.  Packed food and a linq bag full of kindling for firewood.  It was fun in good weather.  Becomes a bit of a safety issue when she's 30 below out and you need that warmup.  Not practical at all on a multi day saddlebag tour.  Hopefully we can get a vaccine and get back to normal sooner than later.

I will be the glass half full guy. With this virus it is obvious that things can change quickly for the better or worse. I believe the sooner people follow protocols for social distancing and hand washing the better. The Atlantic provinces have opened a travel bubble between us because of low numbers of new cases. There is talk of opening to Quebec and the rest of Canada by the end of July, as long as PQ keeps dropping their number of new cases. A lot can happen in 6 mths,   I fully expect to see Mike sitting at the bar in the Universal this coming winter..

Just a question for the Canadian members. Do you get any data on deaths from this virus?  I feel we on the states side don't get true numbers. It seem here the more positive cases the happier our elected people are. My wife got tested a couple weeks ago and it came back positive. She had the virus in January. Now she was classified a new case in our county. Nothing is being said about her having it and never going to the doctor. Of course the doctor would said there is something going around, at least that's what I was told when I went to the doctor. So I'm thinking that the spike we are having is people are getting tested and the ones who had it months ago are listed as new cases. May be wrong maybe not. I don't trust our government officials especial in a election year,.

Just my thoughts guys.  

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Just a question for the Canadian members. Do you get any data on deaths from this virus?  I feel we on the states side don't get true numbers. It seem here the more positive cases the happier our elected people are. My wife got tested a couple weeks ago and it came back positive. She had the virus in January. Now she was classified a new case in our county. Nothing is being said about her having it and never going to the doctor. Of course the doctor would said there is something going around, at least that's what I was told when I went to the doctor. So I'm thinking that the spike we are having is people are getting tested and the ones who had it months ago are listed as new cases. May be wrong maybe not. I don't trust our government officials especial in a election year,.

Just my thoughts guys.  

Thee are two type of testing. One that says you had Covid in the past and one that tells you that you now have Covid. Most of the testing done is the one that identifies you have it at the time of the test.

While testing does help identify who is currently contagious and how many cases are active on a day to day basis, researchers are most interested in the percent of positive tests as the big indicator of how things are going in each state.  Maine is doing a very good job keeping people safe and is running about a ONE percent rate of positive tests out of all the people tested.

The states currently spiking high are resulting in about a TWENTY percent positive test rate.

Also, Canada's positivity rate is around ONE percent.

mike

We need to get the entire U.S. down to about a ONE percent rate before Canada is going to let us cross the border. Ain't gonna happen.

Edited by mikerider

Just now, smclelan said:

Quebec's population is about 8.4M, they are down to under 100 new cases per day, starting to flatten the curve. 

We are flattening the curve big time, we and Ontario were the worst of all the Provence’s soaring quickly, but that IMO was due to the timing of spring break and many headed state side and all the snow birds suddenly coming back as they were urged to do when the virus was just getting going. No one or not many paid any attention to the guide lines and did not self quarantine. At one point we were averaging about a 1000 new cases a day and now some days QC reports under 100. 
that probably will change upward With things beginning to open up.

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Just my thoughts guys.  

I do trust the Gov figures here, mainly because they have been very pro active in trying to control the curve and using those figures to prove the seriousness. We are further broken down by region,  Laurentides for example in another Gov website and also I can get numbers for individual towns/ villages in my area. Seems to me though all these figures are a bit muddled. 
Total cases for any place is the total number of cases confirmed by testing since the start, then you have the deaths to subtract, then the recovered to get any idea of the current active cases. 

When your BMW is not running you go to the mechanic, when your roof needs replacing you call a roofer, when you are worried about this virus, LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS, NEVER POLITICIANS!! If I was Canada I would wait this out a bit longer before starting to re-open, you do not want to do this twice.Keep your dog on a leash for 3 months then go out and unhook him and see if he runs crazy and wants to play, that is what is happening here and we are all going to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

When your BMW is not running you go to the mechanic, when your roof needs replacing you call a roofer, when you are worried about this virus, LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS, NEVER POLITICIANS!! If I was Canada I would wait this out a bit longer before starting to re-open, you do not want to do this twice.Keep your dog on a leash for 3 months then go out and unhook him and see if he runs crazy and wants to play, that is what is happening here and we are all going to pay for it.

Well one difference here in Canada From what I can see, our politicians for the most part are listening to the medical experts not contradicting / ignoring them. DR Arruda, Québec’s chief public health officer has said from the beginning on this reopening, We will pull back if the numbers start going the wrong way.