Border Crossing Pool

iceman

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

I'm working on fake registrations for the sleds, just in case there are any hidden cameras put up by the Border Patrol. This will be a professionally run illegal operation.

I can help you out Mike.  Send me enough money in US funds to buy a new 900T Enduro.(they don't sell Polaris in Canada).  I will put the sled in my name just there there would be no questions. Then pour a glass of Rouge and wait for me in the bar at the Universal!  

15 hours ago, mikerider said:

I'm working on fake registrations for the sleds, just in case there are any hidden cameras put up by the Border Patrol. This will be a professionally run illegal operation.

If I prove fake residency and fake insurance, do I get the Insurance  part back?

GutZ

The latest:   National Geographic has shown up with a large film crew. Very secretive what type of story  they are doing.  Maybe they have heard of my secret border operation! lol

They have certainly picked a remote place in Maine to film.  Some of their crew are from as far away as Hawaii and Alaska.

mike

Mike you could have your cheapest winter of sledding ever.

Call up Justin Trudeau and tell him you want to claim refugee status. Disclose your secret border crossing point and the RCMP will meet you there. Will carry your luggage over the border, fill you sled with gas, new full season trail pass. Arrange for free room and board at the Universal.

Maybe pack the new Klim designer suit and Oxygen helmet in a suit case, better to wear some tattered clothes and throw a little mud on that new 650 Matyxr.

As a Canadian tax payer for a good guy like you glad we could help.

16 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Call up Justin Trudeau and tell him you want to claim refugee status. Disclose your secret border crossing point and the RCMP will meet you there. Will carry your luggage over the border, fill you sled with gas, new full season trail pass. Arrange for free room and board at the Universal.

And JT will fast-track your voter registration!

Got a full day hall pass from the wife so headed  up to the back country. Got within feet of the border but could not find a certain pond that is a must cross.  Found an old timer who set me straight. I was only a few hundred yards from the pond, just needed to cross a short connector road with a wash out at a stream. I had seen this spot but wasn't sure I wanted to cross it as I was out in the middle of nowhere.  I was told the stream bed is solid, not muddy so should be good to go in 4x4Low.  Once at the pond, in the winter, it is just a matter of going 1/2 mile down the pond and Quebec borders the pond.

On another note concerning the National Geographic film crew at camp. A big satellite dish has been installed at the camp. I have heard the storyline they will be using but it doesn't pass the straight face test. I won't give away the story line,  as they are trying to keep it secret, but it involves sending out people to 18 very remote spots in this wilderness and leaving them there.

I don't watch their channel, but a few guests are suggesting this may be a cover for a show called 'Naked and Afraid".

I will do more intel and recon work on this. If this involves naked women, I will not post, since Quebec Rider is a PG-13 site.

mike

Couple pics today.  All the old roads leading into Quebec from Maine have been blocked off in multiple layers since 9-11.  First boulders and then bulldozed, all on the US side.

Pic of the washout road to get me to the pond.

Also a pic of the rental boat the film crew brought to the lake. Supposedly a few of the people being dropped off into the wilderness will be taken down the lake in the boat then to make their way into their section of the wilderness.

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

19 minutes ago, Cnc said:

Like those rocks are going to stop anybody serious about sneaking across the border. 

The rocks are just stage one. Further down the road is bulldozed and blocked with trees, rocks and dirt. The last layer is like a  wall. Usually the road is destroyed before the last barrier.

Funny story about the Quebec roads. In the early to mid 80,s I made a living trapping, hunting and catching bait. My partner was and still is amazing man. Anyway he had caught bait all over New York and was always telling me about places his dad took him. We were up north one time near Fort Covington and he said that there was a creek his dad took him to near by. Driving on a gravel road and it hit me.  All the cars we were seeing had Quebec plates. Sure enough after stopping and talking to a person getting his mail we were told we were in Quebec.  Back then if we were to get caught we might of got out of Canada but could you amagine now. The amazing man, Jack , who is truly amazing just turned 85 this summer and he beat the virus this spring.  So much fun we had together and so many stories I heard. 

6 hours ago, mikerider said:

Got a full day hall pass from the wife so headed  up to the back country. Got within feet of the border but could not find a certain pond that is a must cross.  Found an old timer who set me straight. I was only a few hundred yards from the pond, just needed to cross a short connector road with a wash out at a stream. I had seen this spot but wasn't sure I wanted to cross it as I was out in the middle of nowhere.  I was told the stream bed is solid, not muddy so should be good to go in 4x4Low.  Once at the pond, in the winter, it is just a matter of going 1/2 mile down the pond and Quebec borders the pond.

On another note concerning the National Geographic film crew at camp. A big satellite dish has been installed at the camp. I have heard the storyline they will be using but it doesn't pass the straight face test. I won't give away the story line,  as they are trying to keep it secret, but it involves sending out people to 18 very remote spots in this wilderness and leaving them there.

I don't watch their channel, but a few guests are suggesting this may be a cover for a show called 'Naked and Afraid".

I will do more intel and recon work on this. If this involves naked women, I will not post, since Quebec Rider is a PG-13 site.

mike

Or it could be the show called “Alone”. It is a survival skills show. Several individuals are dropped off at remote locations separately to survive for however long and the last person to tap out wins the money.  

11 hours ago, MrsGTRider said:

Or it could be the show called “Alone”. It is a survival skills show. Several individuals are dropped off at remote locations separately to survive for however long and the last person to tap out wins the money.  

Can you bring 3 items with you? 

#1) Amex

#2) SatPhone

#3) AirMedic card

4 hours ago, MrGutz said:

So I can bring my lions and tigers... Seems a little racist! or Scpecist ( is that a word yet?)

LOL

GutZ

Yeah sorry if you thought you were coming with the whole Ark!😂😂😂

Who knows, maybe we get lucky and this goes down, but with flu season coming , anyone with a cold, cough, sniffle, temp, .....still wishful thinking...but we have to hope and dream that a way will come around for a fast reliable test so we can RIDE!!

Just had lunch in Plattsburgh yesterday at the Naked Turtle on the water of Lake Champlain at the town Marina. Was wondering why there where probably 200 sailboats still dry docked? All Canadian owned, they can’t get to them. That must really suck cause that is a lot of money sitting there unable to use! The season is short enough to begin with

426CA7E3-59DC-4E6D-9DE8-B0282E886ADA.jpeg

Edited by Jackstraw

Really sucks

I was in old orchard Beach ⛱ Maine for yearly trip with my daughter .very odd with no Quebec visitors typically they are 20 to 30 percent of the people on the beach

Economic destruction on both sides of the border will be epic in the coming months and years

Maybe with better non political testing the border can open if we enter with a negative test result 

My neighbors wife has a mother in nova Scotia her brother was able to cross to vist

He had to provide lodging location plan to acquire food and quarantine for 2 weeks,they called every day sometimes twice and a personal visit from RCP to assure he didn't leave,his mom couldn't even sit on the porch and talk through the window, 2 weeks and then he could see his mother 

2020 SUCKS

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Just had lunch in Plattsburgh yesterday at the Naked Turtle on the water of Lake Champlain at the town Marina. Was wondering why there where probably 200 sailboats still dry docked? All Canadian owned, they can’t get to them. That must really suck cause that is a lot of money sitting there unable to use! The season is short enough to begin with

426CA7E3-59DC-4E6D-9DE8-B0282E886ADA.jpeg

I have a sail boat sitting out of the water at a marina in Ontario. I could have put it in the water but later than usual by about a month due to covid restrictions. Marinas like every thing else were shut down and travel to Ontario from Quebec was for awhile shut down as well right when everyone works on their boats and gets them ready for spring launch. Once I could get to my boat in June, I elected to keep it out of the water along with about 25 % of the people with boats stored there. Why?, Because it was going to be a shitty season, going up the St Lawrence to Gananoque, Kingston etc despite being Canadian and and the boat being Canadian we travel in and out of US waters by the nature of the water ways, it was unsure if the Canadian 1000 island parks that we visit would be open or fully functional as well as Municipalité marinas we frequent in our summer travels. Add to that the thought that there will be a second fall covid wave and we might not be able to get back to the boat for haul out should they shut everything down again and it was a no brainer to give the season a miss. Costs are kind of irrelevant, in the water or out. All the costs of boat ownership remains the same, insurance mortgage ( if the boat is not free and clear), etc are constant. Out of the water storage however is cheaper than seasonal dockage and spring launch/ fall haul out fees are saved by not launching so there is a slight incentive to skip this year. 

On August 15, 2020 at 8:35 AM, Jackstraw said:

...they can’t get to them. That must really suck cause that is a lot of money sitting there unable to use! The season is short enough to begin with

Don't wanna hear talk like that come January!

For the past 20yrs I've registered & ridden & serviced & stored in Quebec!

Gonna need Mike's waypoint just in case, and about a dozen Sherpas to haul the gear!

2020!.jpg

Edited by PLAYHARD