Border Crossing Pool

iceman

18 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

inject a little common sense

With governments involved this will never happen.

We are all being punished for sure. For a “pandemic” with a very very high survival rate. 

The punishing has just begun. 

Ca va mal en christ

Edited by iceman

Trudeau just minutes ago has announced that the US/Canadian border will stay closed until he feels the US has this virus under control . He also warned Canadians not to visit the US because of the poor health care  in the states. On a per population Percentage basis, Canada is no better off, but that is irrelevant, countries all over the world are having trouble reining the virus in. We have good health care here, you just have to pay dearly for it, so if from Canada and in the states, maybe you need to make arrangements to see if you have coverage, just like I do before I go out of the country, nothing new here. I guess we can say the nail is most likely in the coffin for this season. Anyone traveling anywhere is basically at risk, no matter where you live or where you are going, including thanksgiving dinner with your family, all about individual due diligence, be well, Bob. 

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

including thanksgiving dinner with your family,

Now we know who has been behind this from the beginning!!! Turkeys!! I see them strut'n around the Berkshires like, No Thanksgiving This Year....

So if you see a turkey, shake them like a baby!!

LOL!

Looks like a Zoom Family Xmas too.....

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

the US/Canadian border will stay closed until he feels the US has this virus under control

Well, I guess I won't have to worry about wearing this sled out anytime soon!   Sad part about this is, the US is doing this to itself.  Self-destruction!!!

This is not a good situation at all anywhere, but in some instances Canada is far better off.  Looking at active cases (folks you can actually catch this from) #'s from today shake out as follows.

Canada 544 cases per million.

US 8144 cases per million.

That's 15 times worse stateside.  When you look at the border states it's not quite as big of a spread.

Ontario 403 cases per million

Quebec 1000 cases per million

Maine 462 cases per million

New York 3780 cases per million

Michigan 4513 cases per million

Vermont 253 cases per million

New Hampshire 600 cases per million

Break it down into rural vs urban areas and you probably find big swings as well. 

Health care in the US is as good or better than Canada.  Question is whether you have coverage.  Anyways not looking to start a debate.  Just presenting some numbers to see what's driving these decisions.

absolutely correct, metro areas have a big density and rural areas do not, take a city like Montreal, do the percentage and the numbers are bad, go into a rural area with the same population the numbers are good. Like that all over our country, rural counties that are barely touched and 100 miles away cities are hot spots. I am beginning to think it will be near impossible to eradicate the virus in cities where 1200 people live in a high rise using the same elevator or stair and hallways, this is a real mess, nobody knows what the winter will bring, I hope masks, gloves and sanitizer will put a dent in it and moving forward we will get through it. Everyone should at the very least, get their sleds running and get that fuel out and replace it with non ethanol if they are not riding state side. I hope our dealers all get through this winter, looks like the traffic there is going to be way down.

4 hours ago, Signfan said:

This is not a good situation at all anywhere, but in some instances Canada is far better off.  Looking at active cases (folks you can actually catch this from) #'s from today shake out as follows.

Canada 544 cases per million.

US 8144 cases per million.

That's 15 times worse stateside.  When you look at the border states it's not quite as big of a spread.

Ontario 403 cases per million

Quebec 1000 cases per million

Maine 462 cases per million

New York 3780 cases per million

Michigan 4513 cases per million

Vermont 253 cases per million

New Hampshire 600 cases per million

Break it down into rural vs urban areas and you probably find big swings as well. 

Health care in the US is as good or better than Canada.  Question is whether you have coverage.  Anyways not looking to start a debate.  Just presenting some numbers to see what's driving these decisions.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/malcolm-lets-put-these-covid-19-numbers-into-perspective?fbclid=IwAR05PDgGWDMfQTgdwuSpfJuQw6Vr3QBASdO9CGC2vvWJt7wCNTVl35KEVWI

12 hours ago, iceman said:

"Anyways not looking to start a debate.  Just presenting some numbers to see what's driving these decisions."

Maybe book next season (2022) in Maine too. Beat the crowds. 

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3661758001?fbclid=IwAR0CGerRW7UjIkFcuQ2UPhF6Tdcj2kBkxh-ipDa8CKQJgI6lFl8-JY_Ujgo

Edited by iceman

A positive test should not be called a "case".

#PCRtest

The PCR test does not identify an active COVID-19 virus.  It identifies, very often mis-identifies, a particular RNA sequence that is NOT SPECIFIC to COVID-19.  Look it up.  Over amplifying, which is widely being done, "will find ANYTHING you want".  Conveniently the inventor of the PCR test died last year.  Notice how many cases turn out to false positives.  It may be as much as 10X!

1968 Hong Kong flu kiled 1-4M.  No distancing, no masks, no contact tracing.  

#casesschmaces

55 minutes ago, actionjack said:

A positive test should not be called a "case".

#PCRtest

The PCR test does not identify an active COVID-19 virus.  It identifies, very often mis-identifies, a particular RNA sequence that is NOT SPECIFIC to COVID-19.  Look it up.  Over amplifying, which is widely being done, "will find ANYTHING you want".  Conveniently the inventor of the PCR test died last year.  Notice how many cases turn out to false positives.  It may be as much as 10X!

1968 Hong Kong flu kiled 1-4M.  No distancing, no masks, no contact tracing.  

#casesschmaces

Yes but without more “Cases” then the plan cannot continue

they need these numbers to control the people and instill the fear, it plays right into the end game. The news media and social media are all in this up to their neck. Controlling what you read and what you are told. Unfortunately many many watch the news and my god the sky is falling. 

#EnoughAlready

• 5 weeks later...

Heard on the radio today of getting around restrictions of going from Canada to the U.S.     Canadian snowbirds are using this method to get to Florida.

It is apparently okay to cross the border by air. A helicopter company is flying people across the border, and transporting their vehicles separately across the border by trucks. I wonder if they can do this in reverse, south to north?

Canadians can enter USA by air no issues but is a quarantine of 10 or 14 days (cannot keep track) upon returning

I was thinking of flying to Florida for Xmas but I am not down with a quarantine when returning. No sir.

Americans as of now must be for essential travel or family related or not gonna get in by air, land, or sea, Maybe parachute might work?

• 2 weeks later...

Canada PM Trudeau indicates U.S. border restrictions to last a long time

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada will not agree to lifting a ban on non-essential travel with the United States until the coronavirus outbreak is significantly under control around the world, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Tuesday.

Trudeau's comments were a clear indication that the border restrictions will last well into 2021. The two neighbors agreed to the ban in March and have rolled it over on a monthly basis ever since.

The ban does not affect trade. The two countries have highly integrated economies and Canada sends 75% of its goods exports to the United States every month.

"Until the virus is significantly more under control everywhere around the world, we're not going to be releasing the restrictions at the border," Trudeau told the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. when asked about the issue.

"We are incredibly lucky that trade in essential goods, in agricultural products, in pharmaceuticals is flowing back and forth as it always has," he said.

Trudeau spoke the day after his minority Liberal government said the budget deficit would hit a historic C$381.6 billion ($294.7 billion) on COVID-19 aid and promised to spend an additional C$100 billion in stimulus.

Trudeau, who relies on other parties to govern, would be toppled if the House of Commons votes against the measures but he dismissed that as unlikely.

"I am reasonably confident none of the opposition parties wants an election right now," he later told reporters.

The border restrictions are opposed by the travel industry, hit by a slumping number of tourists.

But the premiers of Canada's major provinces say they have no interest in re-opening the border as long as cases of COVID-19 escalate in the United States.

A second wave is also sweeping across Canada, where authorities are starting to re-impose restrictions on businesses and limit the size of gatherings.

My son married a girl from Toronto.  Took quite awhile to get him all sorted to be a legal resident and he is still reluctant to cross the border and not be allowed back in but he is full legit. I am thinking of asking him if his wife would allow multiple husbands, anyone in on a legal resident card?  Might have to spend the whole winter on the other side of the border 😉

1 minute ago, markusvt said:

My son married a girl from Toronto.  Took quite awhile to get him all sorted to be a legal resident and he is still reluctant to cross the border and not be allowed back in but he is full legit. I am thinking of asking him if his wife would allow multiple husbands, anyone in on a legal resident card?  Might have to spend the whole winter on the other side of the border 😉

Much easier to score the resident card for Canada than a green card for USA.

trust me.

6 hours ago, markusvt said:

Not the worst thing that could happen!

On 12/2/2020 at 7:48 AM, iceman said:

Maybe for season 2022. If China does not release Covid 20.

No need for a new virus for awhile now.  Their guy/gal are going to occupy the White House now.  Now beware, in late 2023, we may see COVID 23 if Donald is making a 2024 bid.