Covid 19 Discussion

iceman

Figured I would start a thread here, to try to keep it all in one place. Instead of infecting all tge other posts here and there. Call it social thread distancing.

For sure the genie is out of the bottle and we are headed down a road not seen in the modern age where the world is connected as it is today. With the ease of air travel and people moving all around the globe be it for business or pleasure a pandemic was just a matter of time. 

I for one do not believe it’s a natural thing and we may probably never know. I believe it came out of a Chinese Lab. Let’s say it didn’t ok?  Well then they said the “wet market” if it was the wet market why are they still open? The Chinese government rules with an iron fist and if they wanted to shut those down it could be easily done. But no they keep them open. Makes zero sense. 

If it is ever proven to be a man made thing then if it came from China they need to pay a heavy price. Simple as that. 

Lastly for now, I do not understand what is the problem with giving the Hydroxychloroquine and the Zpack to people with symptoms early on. Not waiting until they are in ICU and the damage is already done.

I am not a Doctor....but i did stay at a Holiday inn Express last night. 

Waiting until they are so sick there is very little hope for a comeback and then trying the meds is stupid. Like closing the barn door after the horses ran away. 

Just because its not approved for Covid. Who gives a sh#t? People been taking it for decades, nothing ventured nothing gained. 

Right now it’s like a freaking Gong Show watching what’s going on not only here but around the globe. 

Its not time for a political pissing match that is certain. 

A vaccine if it’s even possible is very far out. Even then I am not sure I want to be a test subject for that. 

Another thing pisses me off is the stupid questions asked by dumb reporters at all these press conferences no matter who is giving the conference. Seriously lame. They ask things no one can answer at this point. Get out your magic 8 ball and ask away. 

2 minutes ago, 800steve said:

If this came from a lab or not, got to stop eating bats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking of getting in the wet market market business actually. Wanna be partners? 

Maybe a bat poutine?

There have been similar viruses over the years that were luckily contained fairly quickly, except ONE biggie:

The SPANISH FLU of 1918.

The Spanish flu went global very quickly due to WWI,  troops deployed around the world by various countries.  (Global Travel) One theory was it started on a Kansas Army base.

It attacked the lungs, illness and death caused by pneumonia or drowning by fluid of the lungs.

Scientists, researchers, and doctors felt the cure was aspirin, which was invented 20 years earlier. Mega doses of aspirin.

Poor record keeping, but estimates of 20 to 100 million people died from the Spanish flu.

STARTING TO SOUND FAMILIAR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Several months into the Spanish flu, it mutated and became even more deadly.

The rush to the cure of mega doses of aspirin ended up killing possibly millions. It was the wrong cure!

While quarantines and masks and social distancing were becoming the norm, the mayor of Philadelphia allowed a parade to go, attended by tens of thousands.  In days after,  10,000 parade watchers were infected.

The Spanish Flu got its name only because Spain was neutral in the war.  All involved in the war had news blackouts concerning the flu. Countries involved in the war did not want peoples' attention diverted from the war effort. Thus world leaders never mentioned the flu. But Spain had freedom of the press and was not in the war. The Spanish press reported on the flu, but Spain was named for the flu, although the flu did not originate there. They just had honest and fair and truthful reporting.

The Spanish flu died out about a year and a half later. It is believed to have died out due to herd immunity, with estimates that over half the world was affected.r

Again, 20 to 100 million people are believed to have died from the flu and the aspirin cure. 

Also to blame were many leaders putting other world events ahead of this pandemic, news blackouts by leaders and misinformation by world leaders, and the rush to a cure.

We must go forward, but cautiously. truthfully, and with wisdom.

mike

My doctor, s office called me today to schedule an appointment for next month.  I've thought about this and I am going to try to get a prescription for the Z Pac, which I have taken before over the years and Hydro stuff, too long for me to spell out, to have on hand. 

The previous by GSX800 is amazing. As bat poutine, NO. We have a bat once in a while visit us. Best way to catch them is with the top from a plastic cargo bin. 

As for BBQ bat or Bat Poutine in Montreal, ah no, being from there I believe we have higher standards, well ok maybe in China town but they probably would have to run out of stray cats first.😁

1 minute ago, Cnc said:

As for BBQ bat or Bat Poutine in Montreal, ah no, being from there I believe we have higher standards, well ok maybe in China town but they probably would have to run out of stray cats first.😁

Thats what I thought, we could make a killing in Chinatown, a taste of the old country.

44 minutes ago, 800steve said:

Thats what I thought, we could make a killing in Chinatown, a taste of the old country.

Ok but you taste the recipe first.

Edited by Cnc

This topic is a good idea! We all have met several friends on QR who all have the same common interest of snowmobiling, This pandemic effects us all in different ways, so having a place to debate, discuss, and share our experiences is important. Let’s try to limit these discussions to this thread, and if you think it’s not adequate, please get in touch with one of the staff and we will try to make additional changes.

7 hours ago, iceman said:

Another thing pisses me off is the stupid questions asked by dumb reporters at all these press conferences no matter who is giving the conference. Seriously lame. They ask things no one can answer at this point. Get out your magic 8 ball and ask away. 

1930763602_WooHoo!.jpeg.90a0988b97406da83f02f8b2cc2d64a6.jpeg

5 hours ago, mikerider said:

Again, 20 to 100 million people are believed to have died from the flu and the aspirin cure. 

"The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States."  https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

But who says the CDC is reliable?  We should probably stick to sled facts & figures.

5 hours ago, mikerider said:

The Spanish flu went global very quickly due to WWI

So did VD!  Hysterical cartoons here:

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2010/05/us-military-std-posters/

That reference in "Eyes of Darkness" is pretty creepy!  But...

The name of the weapon was changed to "Wuhan-400" when the book was released again in 1989, according to the South China Morning Post.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/article/3051619/china-wasnt-original-villain-book-predicting-coronavirus

1 hour ago, 800steve said:

Thats what I have a partner for, right Don?

I aint scared 

when my times up it’s up. 
my middle name is danger

Edited by iceman

Like the rest of us, I've been watching the news and spread and initial points of infection and I'm not a Conspiracy Theorist but...... Russia has so few cases and they are known for playing the Long Game. What if they created it and a cure, dispersed the cure in the mainstream (water supply, food additives, etc...). Essentially immunizing the entire country with in the last year or so. Planting it within it's major Financial Rival ( S ) with the best calculated spread pattern. Would kinda make them the only game in town with in 6 months ( Economically and Militarily)??

Just Thinking.

GutZ

28 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

not a Conspiracy Theorist but...... Russia has so few cases and they are known for playing the Long Game

The name of the weapon was changed to "Wuhan-400" when the book was released again in 1989, according to the South China Morning Post.

29 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

What if they created it and a cure, dispersed the cure in the mainstream (water supply, food additives, etc...).

Staying grounded, one of our binge-watches was the 10 episodes of Pacino in The Hunters on Prime. 

Good stuff, kinda in the style of Tarantino w/Pulp Fiction & Inglorious Bastards.

Not gonna spoil the plot twists, but watch out for the corn syrup!

https://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Season-1/dp/B07ZPF4DVK

10 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

I can't read.... I thought that was obvious by my posts?

LOL

Adding it to my Audible List!

4 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Staying grounded, one of our binge-watches was the 10 episodes of Pacino in The Hunters on Prime. 

Good stuff, kinda in the style of Tarantino w/Pulp Fiction & Inglorious Bastards.

Not gonna spoil the plot twists, but watch out for the corn syrup!

https://www.amazon.com/Hunters-Season-1/dp/B07ZPF4DVK

It was a good show, and how easily some could disperse something like Covid or capitalize on genetic targeting. These days, not as hard as you think, new cancer meds do the same thing in verse to destroy abnormal cells that don't match your healthy ones.

GutZ