Covid 19 Discussion

iceman

2 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Like the rest of us, I've been watching the news and spread and initial points of infection and I'm not a Conspiracy Theorist but...... Russia has so few cases and they are known for playing the Long Game. What if they created it and a cure, dispersed the cure in the mainstream (water supply, food additives, etc...). Essentially immunizing the entire country with in the last year or so. Planting it within it's major Financial Rival ( S ) with the best calculated spread pattern. Would kinda make them the only game in town with in 6 months ( Economically and Militarily)??

Just Thinking.

GutZ

Very Plausible or could also be China

On 4/9/2020 at 4:04 PM, iceman said:

Hydroxychloroquine

I feel the same way Don.  But after speaking to a few of my friends who are doctors they informed me that hydroxychloroquine can actually stop peoples heart beat or create arrhythmias especially with people who have a heart condition already. Much more research is needed on that front.

I am hoping & praying that a trustworthy & proven Covid19 anti-body blood test is created very quickly.  Hopefully a single prick to your finger and we can determine conclusively who has already been exposed, created antibodies & can get back into society ASAP.  We need to create herd immunity ASAP!

Stay safe & healthy everybody!

Best,

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

This may sound crazy but last fall my youngest son came home from NC and was sick with the flu. Any way the stuff he had went through the family that he was around.  They deer hunted and I worked and was not around him. In the end of December my brother was sick with a fever and was weak for all of January.  End of January, just before I had plans to go to Quebec I came down with something.  I started on Saturday morning coughing so hard I couldn't breathe.  Went to urgent care on Sunday morning and was tested for the flu. It came back that I didn't have the flu. The doctor said no flu but maybe bronchitis.  He gave me meds for ten days and pills for the cough for 10 days. I get bronchitis and the cough stays with me for weeks always. I was over the cough in 4 or 5 days. A week later my wife came down with a fever and it lasted 3 or 4 days. After all this stuff we were both weak for 3 weeks.  There is several people in the area believe they were sick with something like they never had before.  What I would like is to see a test to see if a person has already had this shit and didn't even know it.  Again I may be crazy but I honestly think we were sick with this virus.  Be safe all and keep your spirits high. 

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

What I would like is to see a test to see if a person has already had this shit and didn't even know it. 

That’s EXACTLY what I said above.  We need the “antibody blood test”.  You don’t create antibodies for this unless you have been exposed to it.

Edited by Florida Snowman

Saw a doc on TV today and he said in this time of Corona Virus we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we could use more calm in our lives.  I looked through my house to see what I had started and not finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay,a boddle of Baileys, and a budle of wum, and the mainder of a Valiium precripshun, an a haf a boks of reely ggood chokolot.  YOu haf no idr how fekin good i fel richt now. Sned this to al yer frends who neeed inner piss, an telum u luvum stay safe and wush yer wands..  stafe saf avarbudddy. Talks too yu in the tomorning. LUV 800 Steve.

1 hour ago, 800steve said:

Saw a doc on TV today and he said in this time of Corona Virus we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we could use more calm in our lives.  I looked through my house to see what I had started and not finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay,a boddle of Baileys, and a budle of wum, and the mainder of a Valiium precripshun, an a haf a boks of reely ggood chokolot.  YOu haf no idr how fekin good i fel richt now. Sned this to al yer frends who neeed inner piss, an telum u luvum stay safe and wush yer wands..  stafe saf avarbudddy. Talks too yu in the tomorning. LUV 800 Steve.

Bravo Steve !!!

outstanding post

5 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

arrhythmias especially with people who have a heart condition already

That's when mixed with the Z-Pack/Zithromyacin. One of our crew's on that risk list. So she's locked down tight. 

5 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Be safe all and keep your spirits high

Crap!  That is NOT how you're supposed to spend prime winter time!  Sorry you all had such a scourge.  Glad to know everyone pulled thru.  Now hopefully you & yours have rock solid immunity. Will be spiffy when that antibody test is widely available. 

The Z-pak is what we use to treat our baby horses. A little similar .  We started seeing a couple of years ago in some but not all foals on the farm get slight temperatures, but never go off feed. They would get snotty noses. At first we treated with normal antibiotics but didn’t get better. Started to ex ray lungs and the vets saw the problems they needed to conquer. Started using the Z-pak and noticed a change within a couple of days . We can’t turn the horses out during the day because the sun and heat will bother them because of the antibiotics but we do turn them out at night. The treatment lasts about 4-6weeks and is expensive. We have been getting the drugs made at a compounding pharmacy. Not sure how easy it will be this year to get the drug with the demand. This stuff does work for us! And no we have been told this isn’t the Coronavirus in our horses.

13 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

This may sound crazy but last fall my youngest son came home from NC and was sick with the flu. Any way the stuff he had went through the family that he was around.  They deer hunted and I worked and was not around him. In the end of December my brother was sick with a fever and was weak for all of January.  End of January, just before I had plans to go to Quebec I came down with something.  I started on Saturday morning coughing so hard I couldn't breathe.  Went to urgent care on Sunday morning and was tested for the flu. It came back that I didn't have the flu. The doctor said no flu but maybe bronchitis.  He gave me meds for ten days and pills for the cough for 10 days. I get bronchitis and the cough stays with me for weeks always. I was over the cough in 4 or 5 days. A week later my wife came down with a fever and it lasted 3 or 4 days. After all this stuff we were both weak for 3 weeks.  There is several people in the area believe they were sick with something like they never had before.  What I would like is to see a test to see if a person has already had this shit and didn't even know it.  Again I may be crazy but I honestly think we were sick with this virus.  Be safe all and keep your spirits high. 

Saw a few Docs on TV last night that saw a few strong flu like cases early winter that didnt test as flu, probably been here longer than they thought.

10 minutes ago, iceman said:

All public events cancelled right now until August 31 in Quebec.

no music festivals, no sporting events, nothing zero nada. 

Yes yet they hope to get schools up and running before May, I find they are being over optimistic. 

11 minutes ago, Cnc said:

Yes yet they hope to get schools up and running before May, I find they are being over optimistic. 

That was a blunder by Legault. A try at giving some hopeful news for Easter Weekend. 

It’s unrealistic. How can you say we need to maintain the social distancing yet then want to open schools? 

To me it defeats everything that this lockdown is trying to accomplish. 

Almost 2000 students and staff at my wife’s school. Imagine that. So if everyone stays 2 meters apart how is that supposed to work.  Good Luck.

many parents will surely not send kids to school and many teachers will not go. 

They basically want the schools to be babysitting for these students because at that point in the year after missing almost 2 months they are essentially doing just that.

Edited by iceman

18 minutes ago, iceman said:

That was a blunder by Legault. A try at giving some hopeful news for Easter Weekend. 

It’s unrealistic. How can you say we need to maintain the social distancing yet then want to open schools? 

To me it defeats everything that this lockdown is trying to accomplish. 

Almost 2000 students and staff at my wife’s school. Imagine that. So if everyone stays 2 meters apart how is that supposed to work.  Good Luck.

many parents will surely not send kids to school and many teachers will not go. 

They basically want the schools to be babysitting for these students because at that point in the year after missing almost 2 months they are essentially doing just that.

Agree totally. I believe the virus would rip through schools faster than seniors homes and granted the seniors are for the most part more at risk of dying or serious sickness than kids but it’s the spread from kids to teachers and back to parents that would be devastating. My daughter works or should I say worked as an educator in a daycare, she and her kids who go to the same daycare were always coming down with what ever was going around. It would probably be impossible to keep kids practicing safe social distancing, heck we are seeing it is hard to teach some adults to do it.

1 hour ago, iceman said:

All public events cancelled right now until August 31 in Quebec.

no music festivals, no sporting events, nothing zero nada. 

All for the best.

At work we are running a skeleton crew.

A person that briefly entered my building tested positive. He is a super nice guy hope he does well. It’s best to keep people apart at this time. Too many can be badly affected.

16 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Totally agree with this!  At my work, a large brewery, people in my department started feeling ill to the point we all socially distanced ourselves.  Half of my department went home early.  This NEVER happens.  The next day, massive call-ins.  It went through the entire place like wildfire.  I was leaving for my Quebec trip that Sunday and getting sick was the last thing I wanted!  Anyways, lots of people had the same symptoms as COVID-19.  Some tested positive for the flu, some did not.  I was one of the few that did not get sick....so I'm either immune or just waiting my turn!  I'd go with the latter, I'm not that lucky!

I have basically been extremely healthy for my entire life...never even had a prescription, not kidding about that. In early January I was so sick, in bed for 7 days, lost 15 lbs, finally went to the medical walk-in and got there as they were closing at 9pm, really pissed me off because the emergency room visit is 500 dollars with my insurance plan if you do not get admitted, so being stubborn, I made my wife drive me back home. In the next few days I gradually got better. But in the following 2 weeks I was absolutely exhausted, never felt that way in my whole life. I had missed maybe 6 or 7 days from work in 47 years at this point. Fully recovered, then it happened to one of my employees...like you I am wondering now if I was one of the early ones to get this virus. I would like a teat, but am not going to get one when a 100k people are in need. I am doing my part during this time , it is our absolute duty to all our friends and community to do the very best we can to help each other see thru to the end of this, Bob.

The Governor and the Mayor do not get along. The Governor said he closed them and he has the last word when they will open not the Mayor. The Mayor jumped the gun with his closed statement.

All the bridge’s now are monitored by State police. It used to be NYC police. One ups man ship.

Fun in NY.